No announcement yet.

Where next to look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinsella will has come, nothing much on there either.

Puts him living with his daughter, dated 14 October 1945 at the minet gardens

will just states my said daughter Catherine Ann Marsh all my property possession's whatsoever, wheresoever.

Email all sent, sent it to the head of reference services.

Comment

• wow you are on a roll Vera.

looks like Lynn in the place to look maybe, wonder if that is where Elizabeth/Eliza went.

Can see Nellie Marries Thomas Fleming, and both girls living together in 1909
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Originally posted by sookie23 View Post
        Kinsella will has come, nothing much on there either.

Puts him living with his daughter, dated 14 October 1945 at the minet gardens

will just states my said daughter Catherine Ann Marsh all my property possession's whatsoever, wheresoever.

Email all sent, sent it to the head of reference services.
        So possibly no longer with Elizabeth if living in Catherine Ann's home. Sometimes wills can be helpful. Fortunately mc helped.

You would have expected Elizabeth to have received something to prove Gerald's birth but then she may not have attended to Register

Vera

Comment

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
          Not too sure about this as b an Elizabeth, then Eliza and this is Lizzie! There is another Lizzie Condon, living in Cork with a sister Hannah and father Patrick.

On Ancestry Massecheusetts Arrival Passengers 1820-1963

23 April 1914 SS Cymnic

Line 17 2 pages

Lizzie Condon aged 17, Servant. Last permanent address Kilfinane

Name and address of relevant person from whence she came:
          Patrick Condon
          Labba------
          Knockanevin
          ?Co Limerick

Destination: W Lynn. Joining sister Hannah Condon at ? Tubber Hospital, W Lynn

Vera
          I don't have the worldwide on Ancestry, so cant get this record up.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            wow you are on a roll Vera.

looks like Lynn in the place to look maybe, wonder if that is where Elizabeth/Eliza went.

Can see Nellie Marries Thomas Fleming, and both girls living together in 1909
            There is lots of info out there for Annie M and M for Ellen. Lizzie Condon travelled in 1914 to be with her sister Hannah. Can't see so much on Hannah except 1920 when a Nurse in an institution.

I very much doubt Gerald would have left America without being christened. Shame Elizabeth came back before the 1920 census to pin point a church.

Vera

Comment

If you wish to pm me your email I can send you a download. Well I think I can or maybe I can link it into here somehow. Carolyn will know. On second thoughts Family Search site probably has it

Vera

Comment

you could try logging into your local library, they maybe still offering it for free.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

If you wish to pm me your email I can send you a download. Well I think I can or maybe I can link it into here somehow. Carolyn will know. On second thoughts Family Search site probably has it

Vera
                  I can stick some on my google drive. Will see if I can find it
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

• Looking on family search now.

Comment

• this is the link

have put here

Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                        I can stick some on my google drive. Will see if I can find it
                        Oh good idea. That was good for previous search. Can still email if necessary. Nice to see the images.

Veea

Comment

• Got it many thanks

Comment

• I need to go through al the posts and write everything down that has been posted. Then start looking for all these people.

Comment

• This may be Hanna in 1920 https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource

I also found this - Hannah in 1910, where she is staying with married sister and brother in law Patrick and Annie Golden. Also in the household are Nellie Condon and Daniel Condon. https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource

Marriage record for Patrick Golden and Annie M Condon in 1909 gives Annies parents as Patrick Condon and Mary Sullivan https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...63&pId=3015283

Nellie Condon married Thomas Fleming in 1911. Parents again are Patrick Condon and Mary Sullivan https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...63&pId=3015283

In 1920 Patrick golden and Annie are just with their children, one of whom is named Gerald! https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...107084034:6061
                              Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

• Patrick travelling out to meet sister Nellie in Lynn, Ma https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource

And it looks like he married Jennie Dwyer in 1913 https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...63&pId=9245654
                                Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

• The Golden family seem fairly easy to track through census, not found anything interesting, just a forever expanding family.

not spotted anything for Eliza, Lizzy or Elizabeth yet

Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

• Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                                    Patrick travelling out to meet sister Nellie in Lynn, Ma https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource

And it looks like he married Jennie Dwyer in 1913 https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...63&pId=9245654
                                    and I think this must be her obituary

​​​​​​Name: Jennie Condon
                                    Maiden Name: Dwyer
                                    Residence Place: 30 Lake
                                    Death Date: Abt 1922
                                    Death Place: Lynn
                                    Obituary Date: 8 Sep 1922
                                    Obituary Place: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
                                    Spouse:
                                    Daniel Con-den

I don't have newspapers.com to view

interesting that many are working for Gen Elec - they must have encouraged families, unless they were massive in Lynn and one of the main places to work
                                    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-05-21, 23:51.
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

• All that info out there but as you say Carolyn nothing about Elizabeth/Eliza/Lizzie who.appeared between Census. It doesn't look likely that she lived with Hannah either as Hannah was likely to be a resident nurse in the 1820's. Lizzie in 1914 was going to Hannah at a hospital on arrival.

Annie M, Nellie and and Daniel ? Patrick were in the Lynn area so maybe a church in that area for christening records. A bit of a long shot. Just remembered Daniel died pre 1920 so perhaps an obit/funeral record of family. Daniel died 1919 Lynn.

Vera

Comment

• The 1929 census will be a massive help (fingers crossed) hope to find out if she stayed in Liverpool or actually went back home to Ireland. There are definitely no marriage records for her, so I'm thinking she just took Geralds fathers name and made it hers, just like my husbands nan did.

I'm going to take out a months subscription of the worldwide on Ancestry as the immigration/travel records on FMP are not as good.

A person on Ancestry post a few links to records on Family Search, they said it will be a case of going through each record to see if I can find Gerald

Comment

The 1929 census will be a massive help (fingers crossed) hope to find out if she stayed in Liverpool or actually went back home to Ireland. There are definitely no marriage records for her, so I'm thinking she just took Geralds fathers name and made it hers, just like my husbands nan did.

I'm going to take out a months subscription of the worldwide on Ancestry as the immigration/travel records on FMP are not as good.

A person on Ancestry post a few links to records on Family Search, they said it will be a case of going through each record to see if I can find Gerald
                                          Hello Sookie

I doubt Elizabeth stayed in Liverpool. As a Cook might have settled in England. There is an Elizabeth Carroll in the Willesden area on the ER with an address of Dollis Hill Hospital run by an Order of Nuns at that time.

The monthly subs are good but of course more expensive that way. Check out the sticky threads

St. Patrick (CC BY-SA ( Today we have added 15 new volumes to Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920. Today’s additions include 5 different parishes: St. Casimir in …

I have briefly looked at the christenings for beginning of 1918. No Gerald

May have something if they are willing to reveal

Vera

Comment

Working...
                                          X