Where next to look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sookie23 View Post
    The 1929 census will be a massive help (fingers crossed) hope to find out if she stayed in Liverpool or actually went back home to Ireland. There are definitely no marriage records for her, so I'm thinking she just took Geralds fathers name and made it hers, just like my husbands nan did.

I'm going to take out a months subscription of the worldwide on Ancestry as the immigration/travel records on FMP are not as good.

A person on Ancestry post a few links to records on Family Search, they said it will be a case of going through each record to see if I can find Gerald
    NB it is the 1921 census https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1921-census

did you see if you can access ancestry via your library for free?

Just been looking at the records again, I am assuming that the Elizabeth Condon with Ellen and Catherine is not her? or would she have gone back for her sisters?
    The one where she is meeting sister Hannah is 1 May 1914 (MA arrival record), other is 1 Sep 1915 (UK departure record to New York)

Arrival 28 Feb 1919 in UK

Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

and I think this must be her obituary

​​​​​​Name: Jennie Condon
      Maiden Name: Dwyer
      Residence Place: 30 Lake
      Death Date: Abt 1922
      Death Place: Lynn
      Obituary Date: 8 Sep 1922
      Obituary Place: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
      Spouse:
      Daniel Con-den

I don't have newspapers.com to view

interesting that many are working for Gen Elec - they must have encouraged families, unless they were massive in Lynn and one of the main places to work
      Death cert from FS, includes link to DC image
      Jennie Condon
      Female
      7 Sep 1922
      Lynn, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
      Lynn, Essex
      Ireland
      White
      Daniel Dwyer
      Male
      Mary Collins
      Female
      Daniel Condon

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6Z6N-JKZ6
      DC says she's buried in Saint Joseph's Cemetery, Lynn. Lots of Condons buried there

Comment

• Where on earth did I get 1929 from. Got some time to spare today so can have a good look, also the ancestry DNA results should be soon as DNA as now been extracted so hoping they will also help on his side of the family.

I've had a quick look one of the links that I got via Ancestry message board, 6 records to look at and the one I opened has 843 records.

Comment

Just been looking at the records again, I am assuming that the Elizabeth Condon with Ellen and Catherine is not her? or would she have gone back for her sisters?
          The one where she is meeting sister Hannah is 1 May 1914 (MA arrival record), other is 1 Sep 1915 (UK departure record to New York)

All joined, had to join north somersets library instead of just somerset.

Comment

• Is Nelly a child of Patrick and Mary or is this Patrick's sister

I've written all the names down and now totally lost

Comment

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
              Garrett is with uncles David, Jeremiah and Thomas in 1901.

For info from Irishgenealogy.ie

All children of Patrick Condon, Backsmith and Mary Sullivan of Labbamologgia reg district Mitchelstown

​​​Elizabeth b 1897 20 May

Annie M 1888
              Ellen b 15 April 1887
              Daniel b 1889 7 June d 24 May 1919 Lynn, Mass
              Johanna b 1890 12 July
              Garrett b 1892 9 July
              John b 1895 19 Dec
              Margaret b 1899 5 April

According to 1911 Patrick and Mary had 11 children born, 9 living.

​​​​​

Vera
              Nelly is Ellen

Hannah is Johannah

Vera

Comment

• I was wondering if that was the case. Got it at now thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                  Garrett is with uncles David, Jeremiah and Thomas in 1901.

For info from Irishgenealogy.ie

All children of Patrick Condon, Backsmith and Mary Sullivan of Labbamologgia reg district Mitchelstown

​​​Elizabeth b 1897 20 May

Annie M 1888
                  Ellen b 15 April 1887
                  Daniel b 1889 7 June d 24 May 1919 Lynn, Mass
                  Johanna b 1890 12 July
                  Garrett b 1892 9 July
                  UPDATE Mary 1894 26 Sep d
                  John b 1895 19 Dec
                  Margaret b 1899 5 April

According to 1911 Patrick and Mary had 11 children born, 9 living.

​​​​​Nelly is Ellen
                  Hannah is Joannah

​​​​​​

Vera
                  Vera

​​​​​​

Comment

I think Ellen I put on first list is a red herring from this 1915 crossing

I have got lost on which are the correct siblings too!
                    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 19-05-21, 17:00.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• Had emails from Boston register office and the centre of history of medicine regarding the lyin-in at the oxford hotel.

Regarding the Oxford Hotel there is no record that the lady could find that puts the Oxford hotel as a lyin-in hotel but she has emailed me link to read all about the hospital, she has also asked for details of Elizabeth to see what she can find out

Register If there are no notes added to the register then the record stays as it is. Only a marriage record may hold information if he chose to add it. I have emailed her back asking what paperwork they would have both needed to leave the USA to return to Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by sookie23 View Post
                        Had emails from Boston register office and the centre of history of medicine regarding the lyin-in at the oxford hotel.

Regarding the Oxford Hotel there is no record that the lady could find that puts the Oxford hotel as a lyin-in hotel but she has emailed me link to read all about the hospital, she has also asked for details of Elizabeth to see what she can find out

Register If there are no notes added to the register then the record stays as it is. Only a marriage record may hold information if he chose to add it. I have emailed her back asking what paperwork they would have both needed to leave the USA to return to Ireland.
                        Skokie Elizabeth was a patient at the Lying-in Hospital, Boston. Her address at the time was the Oxford Hotel as a hotel guest ? Employee.

As an exercise if your ok with it I am looking at christening records. If only could be found as they do reveal a lot of extra info about mum and dad. I need to find the Church favoured by Condons . Will just look now and again.

Vera

Comment

• Vera feel free to look them up when ever you want.

Comment

• newspaper obituaries;
                            need a sub to see these, you can get a trial for a while, and sometimes they do free weekends, so thought I would note them down:
                            Jennie condon
                            https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...9596be0cebf827

​​​​​Name: Jennie Condon
                            Maiden Name: Dwyer
                            Residence Place: 30 Lake
                            Death Date: Abt 1922
                            Obituary Date: 8 Sep 1922
                            Spouse:
                            Daniel Con-den

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...3e15920a150c24

and - not sure if it is the same

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...3e15920a150c24

​​​​​​DetailSource
                            Name: Annie M. Golden
                            Death Age: 78
                            Birth Date: abt 1887
                            Residence Place: 117 South St. .
                            Death Date: 20 Sep 1965
                            Obituary Date: 1 Oct 1965
                            Spouse:
                            Patrick J. Golden

bit tenuous as this is Annas daughter:

Name: Elizabeth M. Clancy
                            Maiden Name: Golden
                            Death Age: 71
                            Birth Date: abt 1915
                            Birth Place: Lynn
                            Residence Place: Lynn
                            Death Date: Abt 1986
                            Obituary Date: 8 Apr 1986
                            Child:
                            Mary A. DeGrande
                            Helen M. Bollno
                            Siblings:
                            Gerald Goldenboth
                            David Goldenboth
                            Eugene Golden,-both
                            Leo Golden,-both
                            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 20-05-21, 10:42.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

• I did have a wander around this afternoon trying to track the some of the siblings in that 1910 to 1920 period.

Ellen marries Thomas Francis Fleming as previously posted, but just to confuse things there is another one in Lynn also married to a Ellen. I think these are the ones that are in the directories.

This is the naturalisation papers for him, https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...407?pId=220143 and says his wife is in Danvers.

they appear in 1920 census separately

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...?pId=107092337 he is is Lynn as a machinist

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...4?pId=29271847 she is in Danvers as a patient but as laundress.

this is Danvers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danvers_State_Hospital I really can't decide if she works there or is a patient.

this is him as DOB ties up https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...?pId=117819356 and he has a different address for her, can't quite read it

not found any deaths records that is certainly for them

one in Danvers

Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

• Thanks Carolyn just had a few days away ancestry.

I've got Annie who married Patrick Golden I think they had 9 children found some marriages with their children. found the children on next page of the 1920 or 1930 census

will do some looking into Ellen and Thomas.

Comment

• Was there another Patrick in the Condon family as just found this. Puts a Ellen Condon and a Patrick Condon from Mitchelstown going to stay with sister Annie at Light Street Lynn Mass. That's the address on Annie's marriage record to Thomas.

Comment

• That's a good find - got to be right family - that's Anna's address 41 Light street on the marriage

Can't decide why he has a date stamped over the top.

There were more children than Vera found as the census had number declared. So must be a Patrick born 1887 - which makes sense as first boy
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

• That was going to be my next question. Wondering if its part of his application for citizenship?

I've also found 2 census with an Annie and Thomas with a few children on now just trying to work out if its them.

Comment

• I think Annie and Thomas were easy to find - including the obit in the paper that needs a sub.

but failed on Ellen in the end after 1920, although there was the death that may have been her.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

• I've been looking at my hints on Ancestry and one of them leads to a tree that has Patrick Condon having a child with another woman in 1881. Martin Hanley, don't think I can take another person on that side of the family

Ellen is a nightmare, its either Nellie or Ellen.

Did we find out if Hanna ever got married?

I can't believe how many Condons there are, I thought the Kinsella and Carrolls were bad enough.

Comment

Working...
                                          X