Where next to look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

Don't know how to post a double quote. By Nan do you mean Doris?

Very disappointing for you but early days yet and finding DNA matches quite different from finding records to support known people. Fingers crossed

Vera
    when you hit the quote button it goes orange, then, to double quote.. you hit the other message you want to quote, that will go orange too... if you then look top left corner you will see 'post reply (2)' in a pale pink box [well, its pale pink on my computer] click on that and you will have double quotes in your next reply.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Originally posted by sookie23 View Post
      Sadie could have been a nick name who knows.
      Sadie is another name/pet name for SARAH

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

when you hit the quote button it goes orange, then, to double quote.. you hit the other message you want to quote, that will go orange too... if you then look top left corner you will see 'post reply (2)' in a pale pink box [well, its pale pink on my computer] click on that and you will have double quotes in your next reply.
        Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

Sadie is another name/pet name for SARAH
        Thank you Julie

Vera

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
          is it any help to you? or presents an even bigger msytery?
          I'm hoping it will be of some help, will get searching them out and hope there will be some answers at the end of it all.

I'm away for the next few weeks so will get looking when I'm back, wont be taking the laptop with me.

Comment

• Hi Everyone

I'm back to researching the family tree.

There are two records of a birth on the GRO index, for the same person due to a name change and a father being added, this was done 14 years after the original record. If I purchase the 1959 certificate would I get any extra information from it as in why the name was changed at such a late date after the birth. I have today purchased the original certificate 1944.

sookie

Comment

Hi Everyone

I'm back to researching the family tree.

There are two records of a birth on the GRO index, for the same person due to a name change and a father being added, this was done 14 years after the original record. If I purchase the 1959 certificate would I get any extra information from it as in why the name was changed at such a late date after the birth. I have today purchased the original certificate 1944.

sookie
              I can’t help, but it might be worth starting a new post just asking about additional certs.

Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Thanks I will do .

Comment

• I have one where the gap is not as big as yours. First registration 1947. Second registration 1951.
                  1947 one under mother’s ms with no father.
                  1950 mother and son emigrate.
                  1951 father marries mother.
                  1951 father returns to UK and reregisters child having sworn before the Registrar General that the child is his and bringing affidavit of swearing same before the registrar in the country he now lives in.

The details of the swearings etc. are on the 2nd certificate.
                  Father had emigrated from Scotland in 1921 and came back to UK to fight in WW2.

Comment

• Thank you for that information. Will purchase the second birth certificate.

Comment

a long absence by myself been out the country, but now back home, and picking up the mystery once again.

In the paperwork I have of Doris there is a post office bank book, under her name there is a reference number the surname Remfry is crossed out and Carroll is written in place. Is there anywhere where you can check to see if her name was changed via deed poll etc.
                      I have just re read this from beginning to end. there is a mention of the name Remfry earlier on in the thread, I think it was someones maiden name. [Just checked it was you sookie that mentioned it on post #242]

I believe that Elizabeth went over to USA to make her fortune had an affair with Gerald Carroll, found out she was pregnant and to save face when she came home said that she had married Gerald and he had died, leaving her with a little boy to bring up by herself. From what I have read and what has been uncovered you have proof via certs and electoral rolls etc that Elizabeth did have a son called Gerald, and was not called Sadie. [I think that this other person has put 2+2=7] and not got any proof paper or otherwise, just heresay/family tales which could easily be misremembered!

Just one thing that you seem so definite by is that is of Doris's daughter that you say isn't Geralds daughter.. why do you seems so sure she isn't? not like she could have had an affair with him and then fell pregnant, would there be maintenance records? [if he had to pay towards the child upkeep?]

Jut batting ideas about [I could be talking utter poppycock though!]
                      Last edited by Darksecretz; 21-10-21, 13:30.
                      Julie

Comment

• I personally don't feel that Gerald was the biological father, but I could be completely wrong.

Remfry was Doris maiden name, she never married, but her name was changed to Carroll was it legally changed ? who knows but I haven't come across any records. Plus she did admit at one point to never being married to him.

Comment

• I have just re read some of this as a while back now and there were snippets etc.

I thought it was established that Gerald was born in USA? As he arrived on a boat to Ireland on 28 Feb 1919 age 1 year and 1 month. Or was this dismissed?

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...3?pId=11334189

I think sure it was to the area in Ireland that we established she was born.

Gerald junior parentage is in question? and another child? are they still living?
                          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 23-10-21, 16:19.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• He was born in Boston, His mother was Elizabeth Kinsella. Gerald had 2 children.

Gerald's mum was a single mother when in Boston, records show her leaving Boston to return to Ireland but did she I've no idea.
                            Last edited by sookie23; 18-11-21, 14:38. Reason: edited to remove names.

Comment

• I don't think I know which bit of the tree you are trying to research now.

I think it had been decided Elizabeth was born Elizabeth M Condon 20 May 1898 parents Patrick and Mary Sullivan

Many of her siblings went to USA and it is presumed that she joined them and fell pregnant with Gerald, possibly by a man with surname Carroll. Gerald was b 8 Jan 1918 and he and his mother arrived back in UK 28 Feb 1919
                              https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...3?pId=11334188. She married John Kinsella.

Gerald b1918 went onto marry Elsie Rogers and then Mildred Buckmaster

You are now trying to trace Geralds children - if they are still living then we do not allow the names to be on here

3 in all b 1939, 1944 and 1956
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

He was born in Boston, His mother was Elizabeth Kinsella. Gerald had 2 children.

Gerald's mum was a single mother when in Boston, records show her leaving Boston to return to Ireland but did she I've no idea.
                                I thought that a birth for Gerald had been found In Boston? but the Christian name hadn't been logged........ ahhhh penny now dropped.. I wonder if he had a baptism in Ireland?

I'll need to re read this thread to refresh my memory.. I'm cooking dinner atm so will keep flitting in and out.
                                Julie

Comment

• I would like to thank everyone that has helped me on the journey, looking for Gerald and his family. Things have now come to light, which will now taken me on another journey within the family tree.

Once again thanks you all so very very much I could never have gotten here without your help and knowledge.

Comment

• You are very welcome Sookie... just glad that we found what we did.
                                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                                    X