No announcement yet.

Gretna green wedding causing issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darksecretz due to laptop and phone limitations I can't view the forum on a laptop or ancestry Web links on ky phone. Please can you let me know the location of the 1851 option?

I can find the 1841 from the info in the citation.

Cheers

Queenbee

Comment

Originally posted by queenbee View Post
      Darksecretz due to laptop and phone limitations I can't view the forum on a laptop or ancestry Web links on ky phone. Please can you let me know the location of the 1851 option?

I can find the 1841 from the info in the citation.

Cheers
      oops sorry QB is this ok?
      Source Citation

Parish: Edinburgh St Stephen; ED: 13; Page: 18; Line: 19; Roll: CSSCT1851_180; Year: 1851
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

just incase you cant find that this is what it says:

Name: Elizabeth Gelman
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1825
        Relationship: Lodger
        Where born: Norfolk, England
        Parish Number: 685/1
        Civil Parish: Edinburgh St Stephen
        County: Midlothian
        Address: 19 Jamaica St
        ED: 13
        Page: 18
        Household Schedule Number: 88
        Line: 19
        Roll: CSSCT1851_180​
        Julie

Comment

Perfect, thanks Darksecretz
          Queenbee

Comment

Well that was a total waste of time! I’m not a happy camper. The records I wanted which had happily lived on the premises for nearly a century are now one of many, many record sets that are now stored offsite and I have to make an appointment to view. It could take a week or more till they are brought in. If they do arrive in time for this Thursday, I’ll get an email / phonecall.
            I have booked for next Thursday.

Comment

GallowayLass oh ******! Im so sorry you wasted a trip :( i just hope that there is something worth seeing in them when they do turn up!!
              Queenbee

Comment

awww that is such a shame GallowayLass fingers crossed for a fabulous outcome though when you do get to see them!
                Julie

Comment

Darksecretz just looked at 1841 and there is also a George Calver at the address. This is her mother's maiden name so must be related somewhere! Exciting!!
                  Queenbee

Comment

Deleted as I was completely wrong!!!
                    Last edited by queenbee; 03-10-22, 13:14.
                    Queenbee

Comment

GallowayLass oh ******! Im so sorry you wasted a trip :( i just hope that there is something worth seeing in them when they do turn up!!
                      Worry ye not!
                      It got me out of the house and I got a good old catchup with some old colleagues. I was shocked to be told how many of them have left.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                        Well that was a total waste of time! I’m not a happy camper. The records I wanted which had happily lived on the premises for nearly a century are now one of many, many record sets that are now stored offsite and I have to make an appointment to view. It could take a week or more till they are brought in. If they do arrive in time for this Thursday, I’ll get an email / phonecall.
                        I have booked for next Thursday.
                        what a shame. queenbee what details do you have on the Gretna Green marriage? where did you find it? Ancestry say they have records but can't see it.

I did find this for her sister which I thought was interesting as there are other Calvers on there, absolutely no help for Elizabeth! https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...ue&pId=4481628
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Darksecretz just looked at 1841 and there is also a George Calver at the address. This is her mother's maiden name so must be related somewhere! Exciting!!
                          I did see the Calver name and wondered if they were a relative, but didn't follow it up, as I was about to go and peg the washing out.
                          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

what a shame. queenbee what details do you have on the Gretna Green marriage? where did you find it? Ancestry say they have records but can't see it.

I did find this for her sister which I thought was interesting as there are other Calvers on there, absolutely no help for Elizabeth! https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...ue&pId=4481628
                            I've got a copy of the certificate provided by my inlaws and I've posted all the info on it. It's really quite sparce!
                            Queenbee

Comment

NB a George is with sister Maria re post 31 so looks like the right one.

except he seems to have married in 1830! so maybe not
                              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 03-10-22, 21:06.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Braiseworth is his town of birth

there are several baptisms to Robert and Elizabeth on Ancestry, not sure if you have them?
                                Joseph, James, Elizabeth, Emily

rest of family also in Eye in 1841 https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...d=162420578945
                                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 03-10-22, 22:56.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Have you tracked the Calver family to see if the George in 1841 with Elizabeth is related? The 'other' George appears in 1851 with Maria Gilman in the household list, but he's too young to be the George with Elizabeth in 1841? [ and the fact that that George is still living with parents in 1851 too.

He may be a cousin or uncle? to Elizabeth.
                                  Julie

Comment

No I haven't managed to do much on the calvers, only sister Rebecca (became Gilman) and her sister Harriet b 1816. I seem to have attributed a daughter Emma to Harriet but I now can't see why!

any help appreciated
                                    Queenbee

Comment

No I haven't managed to do much on the calvers, only sister Rebecca (became Gilman) and her sister Harriet b 1816. I seem to have attributed a daughter Emma to Harriet but I now can't see why!

any help appreciated
                                      so do you have Rebeccas marriage to Thomas Gillman? [don't want to be posting stuff you already have]

Did Harriot marry a Gooderham?
                                      Julie

Comment

Rebecca Calver married Thomas Gillman 8th June 1824 in Dickleburgh, Norfolk. Only got transcript.

currently only have Harriet on 1841 census
                                        Queenbee

Comment

Rebecca Calver married Thomas Gillman 8th June 1824 in Dickleburgh, Norfolk. Only got transcript.

currently only have Harriet on 1841 census
                                          if you want to PM me with your email I'll send you the image from marriage, There is a witness called Harriot Gooderham to the marriage which made me wonder if was a married sister.
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X