No announcement yet.

Gretna green wedding causing issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to be clear is charles the father and the informant?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      Just to be clear is charles the father and the informant?
      yep... thats how I read it.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Is Charles’ surname in his signature the same as Anthony’s on the marriage or are they completely different?

Comment

• Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
          Is Charles’ surname in his signature the same as Anthony’s on the marriage or are they completely different?
          I've only got a copy of the certs so it's all in the same handwriting :(
          Queenbee

Comment

• Originally posted by queenbee View Post

I've only got a copy of the certs so it's all in the same handwriting :(
            Are you sure? Take a look at the handwriting on the whole of the marriage entry that I posted, especially Elizabeth’s surname at the top. It looks to me like Mr Murray or his daughter has filled in the most of it but the couple’s signatures in the middle are done differently, the handwriting is heavier.
            If you suspect that the copy of James’s birth certificate you were sent is not a facsimile of the original, you could contact the local registar’s office and request one that is specifying that it is Charles’ original signature that you need to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
              ooh you might want to contact yummy-mummy-amy she has Lackeys in her tree and I think that they also come from Ireland. it might be that Anthony is a connection to her.
              hi,
              i've just seen this post - yes i have LACKEY's from ireland, and also a recent discovery that 1 of my 2nd g.grandfathers was in HARRINGTON, Cumbria (about 5miles from maryport) however, their name got transcribed or changed to LECKEY - there are still some of them living in Harrington today.

If i can be of any help to records in and around maryport/harrington please let me know as only 15/20mins by train and there is also records office in whitehaven
              **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Just wanted to jump in and say that It's like diving into a real-life detective case! Restoring a family tree in more detail can be like a thrilling journey through time. Though it might be tough to figure out at first, there's a good chance to find some hidden gems in the archives to piece together the entire family tree in more detail. By the way, do you have any more information about James Leegriz Lockley's life or any other potential leads on his father? Sometimes, unexpected clues pop up in the most unexpected places, just like finding a missing cufflink in the pocket of one of the groomsmen's tuxedos! It's interesting how this search reminds me of my own family history. Unfortunately, data on some of my relatives got lost along the way too.
                Last edited by leahmell; 23-07-23, 21:37.

Comment

Working...
                X