• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    vera2013 have ever visited the NA?

Darksecretz it is such a shame that more are not available on line especially as it is free atm. Have you made any progress with the mini trees of Larkins?
    I haven't been to NA

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    if you can't get to big document I have added a clip of his entry to google https://photos.app.goo.gl/WaDJjHbD2GJ6uJBz6
    WO116 william Brown.jpg

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

Nope, not really, I kind of got sidetracked again by the military stuff, did you notice on the top of Williams record on #392?
    Looks like Protestant to me

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied

Nope, not really, I kind of got sidetracked again by the military stuff, did you notice on the top of Williams record on #392?
    word in top left? - what does it say? I have no clue.

It does say married with leave too - wonder why they need to say that.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I have put download here - it is massive! I think that will work.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied

Darksecretz it is such a shame that more are not available on line especially as it is free atm. Have you made any progress with the mini trees of Larkins?

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied

The PDF link doesn't work for me, sorry. I have also been looking at how much it'd be for copies etc.. and they want an arm and a leg!
    I will email you the download, it isn't very exciting, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    vera2013 have ever visited the NA?

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    I found this page on NA - mind blown tbh - but is in a logical order of the records available, site seems allover the place in places

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...viving-records

the record on with the several pages on fmp is WO97 and the other that is the register is a WO23 (I think, looked at so many I can't find it again)

Following guidance I did download the PDF on here:
    http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...se/r/r/C613576

He is there on page 10, but it tells you no more than the info you have - you may want to download yourself. WO116 - can tick off the docs you have found then
    The PDF link doesn't work for me, sorry. I have also been looking at how much it'd be for copies etc.. and they want an arm and a leg!

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    ooooh thank you that could be very handy indeed, I need to wait and see if/when they start doing the copies and how much it'd be.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    these are the WO records that are on FMP, some of them the search doesn't work, but have to say I have glanced at the general layout of the records and none give much info even if found. i have searched through a quite a few

fmp records.JPG .

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I found this page on NA - mind blown tbh - but is in a logical order of the records available, site seems allover the place in places

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...viving-records

the record on with the several pages on fmp is WO97 and the other that is the register is a WO23 (I think, looked at so many I can't find it again)

Following guidance I did download the PDF on here:
    http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...se/r/r/C613576

He is there on page 10, but it tells you no more than the info you have - you may want to download yourself. WO116 - can tick off the docs you have found then
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 29-08-20, 22:10.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied

yep I found another place that had the same image.. the original that Vera tried to link to and not showing the pic is at their end not ours. I shant be forking out for £400 for a print though!..

I have no idea about military things and would the fife & drum section be a part of the regular battalion then?
    ooh didn't spot the price!

My friends husband used to be in the band with Coldstream, will have to ask him a set of questions!

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...ls/r/C17233055

One for if you are able to go

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    it only says he is poorly at that time, I assume previously he was OK? so could have been fit to travel. Clearly I am only guessing, and that he would have retired sooner? I have no experience in military - we need an expert - they always find one on the BBC...you normally walk down a street and there is one
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 29-08-20, 20:59.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Wm_Brown_Service_Records_13_PEX.JPG

I can't find the other paper.. am still looking

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    I can't find anything else on FMP - I have put the other document on the link - I think that was the one on Fold3, I remember looking at it when it was free, but didn't save it.

The first doc seems to be most informative, although it must be different to the one Julie has, as doesn't say he is unfit for work for a long time, just at time of discharge.
    that info I put was from the doc you placed on #373 and the comments about him only being able to do very light work was on his paper that you have on your google drive thing.

GBM_WO97_1859_113_003 (1).jpg

I'll have a look to see if I can find the other bit on my computer.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    There was something else as well, though no idea exactly where to look for it, I seem to recall on his attestation papers he served in the Militia before signing up. though I can't find the bit now, I'll need to have a look on my computer.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I can't find anything else on FMP - I have put the other document on the link - I think that was the one on Fold3, I remember looking at it when it was free, but didn't save it.

The first doc seems to be most informative, although it must be different to the one Julie has, as doesn't say he is unfit for work for a long time, just at time of discharge.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 29-08-20, 17:31.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    yep I found another place that had the same image.. the original that Vera tried to link to and not showing the pic is at their end not ours. I shant be forking out for £400 for a print though!..

I have no idea about military things and would the fife & drum section be a part of the regular battalion then?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X