X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Now looking at Marylebone from whence the Irish community were said to have moved before arriving in North Ken. They lived in Cartmel EDIT Calmel Buildings around Orchard Street, Marylebone if I can find it.

Vera
    And me. Store things in my head, as above, instead of writing down

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Sorry. getting in a muddle...was watching TV at same time....

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Now looking at Marylebone from whence the Irish community were said to have moved before arriving in North Ken. They lived in Cartmel EDIT Calmel Buildings around Orchard Street, Marylebone if I can find it.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    The first 2 were from your link Nancy Larkins with John and Ellen, then found the next lot looking for Nancy. These are as Vera says in a different part of Kensington

The areas are marked on this map on Ancestry
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...4975&pId=40477

These are St Margarets (in pink)

The others are in the red area St James
    All the census are for Westminster not Kensington although that doesn't mean they are not potential for Ann b 1842 The addresses are in the St James area fairly close to the Wellington Barracks.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    The first 2 were from your link Nancy Larkins with John and Ellen, then found the next lot looking for Nancy. These are as Vera says in a different part of Kensington

The areas are marked on this map on Ancestry
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...4975&pId=40477

These are St Margarets (in pink)

The others are in the red area St James

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    the larkins in Westminster - just for completeness - well except Nancy not on these.
    https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...58&usePUB=true

and just for completeness there are another mob nearby!
    https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...44&usePUB=true

Mothers both Ellen and both widows - 10 years apart
    oh my gads!.. thank you Carolyn. I'm trying to keep up with you and adding this in.. and getting in a muddle

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    the larkins in Westminster - just for completeness - well except Nancy not on these.

and just for completeness there are another mob nearby!

Mothers both Ellen and both widows - 10 years apart

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied

the affiliate line number is not the page number then - I have never searched on there - you need to click the document information and the page number comes up. - who knew!
    why??? what a cockeyed way of going through it!.. blooming stupid if you ask me!

Now I know how to do it. So it's 143. Excellent

vera
    not that it helps us mind....

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied

the affiliate line number is not the page number then - I have never searched on there - you need to click the document information and the page number comes up. - who knew!
    Now I know how to do it. So it's 143. Excellent

vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

no this isn't on Ancestry/Freebmd or GRO index, it states that the information is from FMP but it is actually on Familysearch

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Last edited by cbcarolyn; 27-08-20, 13:53.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Is this just an Ancestry mistranscribe for page 143. It's on
    FMP and GRO mmn Peck

Sorry getting muddled. Where are you seeing your record?

Vera
    no this isn't on Ancestry/Freebmd or GRO index, it states that the information is from FMP but it is actually on Familysearch

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Just searched for Kate Brown, Basford 1867 on FMP and only 2 they both have MMN Peck & Milward.

I assume that line number means page? these were 143 and 111

That is odd. Were family in Nottingham at time of birth - sorry - I guess I should know this!
    I am sure I asked before - is there any records of Williams movements in Army, or did he not?
    IDK if they were here or not in 1867, maybe she was near her time and had the baby here then went back to London? don't know what to think.

no, no record of William being posted anywhere at all. He joined the foot regiment first then later joined the GG.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied

Oops I forgot that the other children were baptised RC.

I do wonder if William and Ann were together after the 1st marriage - Katie b in the w/house, Ann living in an area with poor conditions, with 2 children. I don't suppose you'll ever know if they were or weren't I

The 1871 has Katie b London, the 1881 Bayswater although I did chase a baptism of a Katie Larkin in ?Hants father William, mother Ann.

Vera
    yes I see what you are saying but what if she thought she was born there? ie raised there for a little while and didn't know any different? I guess I'm just grabbing at straws...... badly!

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Name: Kate Brown
    Event Type: Birth Registration
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration Year:1867
    Registration District:Basford
    County: Nottinghamshire
    Event Place: Basford, Nottinghamshire, England
    Volume: 7B
    Affiliate Line Number: 176

now it says that this info came from FMP, but I'm looking at the actual image of the page [on ancestry] and I cannot see it...

any ideas?

Is this just an Ancestry mistranscribe for page 143. It's on
    FMP and GRO mmn Peck

Sorry getting muddled. Where are you seeing your record?

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I am sure I asked before - is there any records of Williams movements in Army, or did he not?

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Just searched for Kate Brown, Basford 1867 on FMP and only 2 they both have MMN Peck & Milward.

I assume that line number means page? these were 143 and 111

That is odd. Were family in Nottingham at time of birth - sorry - I guess I should know this!

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied

I have no idea about communion records.
    No, she married in a Reg office, no clue either who witness' are. [Richard Foster & Sophia Leivers]
    I don't know/think that with William not being RC it would make much of a difference tbf Ann seemed to just do as she fancied anyway as can be seen in other RC baptisms. Even Adaline and William Henry were RC bapt.. the only one I haven't found a bapt for is John. [but I do have his b/c 1879]
    Oops I forgot that the other children were baptised RC.

I do wonder if William and Ann were together after the 1st marriage - Katie b in the w/house, Ann living in an area with poor conditions, with 2 children. I don't suppose you'll ever know if they were or weren't I

The 1871 has Katie b London, the 1881 Bayswater although I did chase a baptism of a Katie Larkin in ?Hants father William, mother Ann.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Name: Kate Brown
    Event Type: Birth Registration
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration Year:1867
    Registration District:Basford
    County: Nottinghamshire
    Event Place: Basford, Nottinghamshire, England
    Volume: 7B
    Affiliate Line Number: 176

now it says that this info came from FMP, but I'm looking at the actual image of the page [on ancestry] and I cannot see it...

any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    What if she wasnt born in london? but thought she was. I have found a birth BUT it doesn't show on the GRO index so I have no idea of MMN.

Leave a comment:

• Darksecretz
    replied
    Are there any Communion records for Notts? She would have had to be baptised before that. Did Katie marry in Church? Could be as William not RC Ann didn't bother. William may have been expected to be involved and refused.

Ann was living in Virginia Place at the time of Adeline's baptism. I can just
    see it on the 1871. Seems to be only 1 house or maybe two off St James Place. Poor conditions there for a Soldier's wife even though they got little pay. During my walkabout never saw a serving Soldier or wife of a Soldier.

Vera
    I have no idea about communion records.
    No, she married in a Reg office, no clue either who witness' are. [Richard Foster & Sophia Leivers]
    I don't know/think that with William not being RC it would make much of a difference tbf Ann seemed to just do as she fancied anyway as can be seen in other RC baptisms. Even Adaline and William Henry were RC bapt.. the only one I haven't found a bapt for is John. [but I do have his b/c 1879]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X