Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vera2013
    replied
    In the hope that Elizabeth M was an unofficial aunt to Elsie I checked out Elsie's mum and dad for any connection but nothing coming up that I could see.

It's a good idea to put any info you have out there in the hope of that snippet. One more child for John Kinsella was Mary b 1912 Haverfordwest Reg mm n Kelly. Think she married a McCarthy.

Have you sight of the birth cert for the child born of the marriage to Gerald and Elsie? Maybe informant would throw some light on Elizabeth M

As suggested obtaining the various certs could of course be helpful. They can be obtained from GRO site. Marriage certs are full price but birth and death certs are PDF docs, cost less and have a quicker turnaround

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Elsie was Gerald's first wife My husband was away always told that nan Kinsella was Gerald's mum. We did fund numerous letters from her to my husband's nan which we placed in her coffin, how I wished we has kept them now.

I think I will start up a separate tree and add all the Kinsella to it in hope for some hints on ancestry, never know someone my have some knowledge about Elizabeth, but wont hold my breath.

Thank you for the additional info will get doing that tree later today.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    This looks like son of John Kinsella and Mary Kelly

GRO
    Kinsa*lla John Sep Q Haverfordwest Reg mm n Kelly

On Ancestry
    WW2 Allied POW's

link to Catherine Ann

John Thomas Kinsella dob 03/08/1917
    East Surrey Rgt. Private 6141835
    enlisted 1936

Captured Singapore 15 Feb 1942

Father John Thomas Kinsella, 39 Harbour Village, Godwick, Pembrokeshire Occ Plasterer
    Mother -

Destination Report
    Mrs H Marsh
    10 Mayo Rd
    Willesden NW10

Vera

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    I did see a tree had 2 Walker children included. Been out all day - so not looked again.
    2 males but late dob's for forum.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I did see a tree had 2 Walker children included. Been out all day - so not looked again.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Looking at John Kinsella I came across a medal card. This man could be father of the *Catherine Ann, the wife of Henry Marsh who was on Probate record 1846
    * Catherine Ann Kinsella b 1914 Haverfordwest mm n Kelly
    1939 Catherine Ann Marsh b 18 April 1914

On Ancestry UK Campaign Medals Awarded to WW1 Merchant Seaman

John Kinsella b 1881
    Address 39 Harbour Village, *Goodwick, Pembrokeshire
    * reg district Haverfordwest

That John Kelly can be seen on electoral rolls with a Mary Kinsella. She dies 1928.

On at least one electoral roll, John has neighbours James and Catherine Kinsella ? John 's brother.
    Record show James marrying a Catherine Kelly and remaining in Goodwick

Vera

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by sookie23 View Post
    When I was looking at the rogers side of Elsie I came across a tree that had two people in that that I grew up with so I messaged the person, Turns out that Elsie would have been his aunt he is going to find out from family if anyone had any contact with the boy who would have been her grandchild. so hoping that could lead to something.
    I'm not sure who Elsie is. Will check Gerald's 1939. Have often wondered what evidence, other than being Gran dma Kinsella, do you have for Elizabeth M being Gerald's mother. That could be where we came in on this however hence your enquiry?

Vera

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied

Happy for you to add any info you find. As who knows where it will lead. came across her on someone's tree on ancestry they had her down as his brother, but then they also had John Kinsella and Elizabeth marrying in Ohio which we know is wrong.
    I found this record also.
    Catherine A Walker marriage to Henry marsh October 1938 Willesden
    Yes that's what I have for the marriage.

A Catherine Ann Kinsella marries William C Walker 1933 Marylebone

William C Walker dies1937 B 1912 Willesden reg

Probate 06/07/1937 to Catherine Ann Walker 21 Greenhill Park, Harlesden NW10

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    When I was looking at the rogers side of Elsie I came across a tree that had two people in that that I grew up with so I messaged the person, Turns out that Elsie would have been his aunt he is going to find out from family if anyone had any contact with the boy who would have been her grandchild. so hoping that could lead to something.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

I jumped the gun on this one to help keep my grey matter flowing. Headed towards Wales as I turned up a record for John Kinsella in the National Archives (downloads free at the moment) which linked to his Will and the mention of Catherine Ann Kinsella wife of a chap called Marsh. Catherine Ann could possibly be John Kinsella's daughter.

Can add more info re Catherine if you wish.

vera
    Happy for you to add any info you find. As who knows where it will lead. came across her on someone's tree on ancestry they had her down as his brother, but then they also had John Kinsella and Elizabeth marrying in Ohio which we know is wrong.
    I found this record also.
    Catherine A Walker marriage to Henry marsh October 1938 Willesden

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I assume that there must be a John Kinsella brother too, as one on reg of electors? I could only find Thomas John 1922 with MMN Kelly. Did wonder if he was worth pursuing as he must have been in London too. But presume as not on will predeceased him.

Sometimes the wider family turns up something doesn't it, from searching experience on here, can often give a surprise.

did start looking and then got sidetracked, and never returned to it, hopefully wills won't take long and could have a snippet.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 12-05-21, 09:10.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    re Catherine Marsh - Vera has mentioned her back in post 61/2
    I jumped the gun on this one to help keep my grey matter flowing. Headed towards Wales as I turned up a record for John Kinsella in the National Archives (downloads free at the moment) which linked to his Will and the mention of Catherine Ann Kinsella wife of a chap called Marsh. Catherine Ann could possibly be John Kinsella's daughter.

Can add more info re Catherine if you wish.

vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    re Catherine Marsh - Vera has mentioned her back in post 61/2

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I've a feeling Gerald's first marriage may have been due to him getting her pregnant so a kind of shot gun marriage as it puts him living with her family on the census.

So Gerald will probably wont really show anything then. Never mind he certainly isn't making life easy.

Seems the Catherine Marsh was his sister been doing a bit of digging.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    I had a blonde moment. All ordered along with Gerald Carrolls. Be interesting now to see if he did leave the house to Doris and his wife just evicted her. Cant find anything for Elizabeth Kinsella on there will look now under Carroll.
    It will be interesting to see what the Wills reveal. Gerald's is Administration to second wife. Kyle expands on that post 58. I have a grey moment when understanding Wills.

I did look at Elizabeth Kinsella but will see if anything in her maiden/married name of Carroll.

Wonder where Elizabeth met John Kinsella and why Gerald married so young living apart from mother.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I had a blonde moment. All ordered along with Gerald Carrolls. Be interesting now to see if he did leave the house to Doris and his wife just evicted her. Cant find anything for Elizabeth Kinsella on there will look now under Carroll.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Found it thank you Vera.

Have had to email them as there is no folio number to order it.
    There is an explanation re folio no. If none, OK to order from page

vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Found it thank you Vera.

Have had to email them as there is no folio number to order it.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Having no luck on the gov will site for Kinsella even though his probate is on ancestry.
    It's listed under 1946 Probate year Not sure why

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Having no luck on the gov will site for Kinsella even though his probate is on ancestry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X