Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    That's a good find - got to be right family - that's Anna's address 41 Light street on the marriage

Can't decide why he has a date stamped over the top.

There were more children than Vera found as the census had number declared. So must be a Patrick born 1887 - which makes sense as first boy

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Was there another Patrick in the Condon family as just found this. Puts a Ellen Condon and a Patrick Condon from Mitchelstown going to stay with sister Annie at Light Street Lynn Mass. That's the address on Annie's marriage record to Thomas.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Thanks Carolyn just had a few days away ancestry.

I've got Annie who married Patrick Golden I think they had 9 children found some marriages with their children. found the children on next page of the 1920 or 1930 census

will do some looking into Ellen and Thomas.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I did have a wander around this afternoon trying to track the some of the siblings in that 1910 to 1920 period.

Ellen marries Thomas Francis Fleming as previously posted, but just to confuse things there is another one in Lynn also married to a Ellen. I think these are the ones that are in the directories.

This is the naturalisation papers for him, https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...407?pId=220143 and says his wife is in Danvers.

they appear in 1920 census separately

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...?pId=107092337 he is is Lynn as a machinist

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...4?pId=29271847 she is in Danvers as a patient but as laundress.

this is Danvers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danvers_State_Hospital I really can't decide if she works there or is a patient.

this is him as DOB ties up https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...?pId=117819356 and he has a different address for her, can't quite read it

not found any deaths records that is certainly for them

one in Danvers

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    newspaper obituaries;
    need a sub to see these, you can get a trial for a while, and sometimes they do free weekends, so thought I would note them down:
    Jennie condon
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...9596be0cebf827

​​​​​Name: Jennie Condon
    Maiden Name: Dwyer
    Residence Place: 30 Lake
    Death Date: Abt 1922
    Death Place: Lynn
    Obituary Date: 8 Sep 1922
    Obituary Place: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
    Spouse:
    Daniel Con-den

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...3e15920a150c24

and - not sure if it is the same

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...3e15920a150c24

​​​​​​DetailSource
    Name: Annie M. Golden
    Death Age: 78
    Birth Date: abt 1887
    Residence Place: 117 South St. .
    Death Date: 20 Sep 1965
    Obituary Date: 1 Oct 1965
    Spouse:
    Patrick J. Golden

bit tenuous as this is Annas daughter:

Name: Elizabeth M. Clancy
    Maiden Name: Golden
    Death Age: 71
    Birth Date: abt 1915
    Birth Place: Lynn
    Residence Place: Lynn
    Death Date: Abt 1986
    Obituary Date: 8 Apr 1986
    Child:
    Mary A. DeGrande
    Helen M. Bollno
    Siblings:
    Gerald Goldenboth
    David Goldenboth
    Eugene Golden,-both
    Leo Golden,-both
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 20-05-21, 10:42.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Vera feel free to look them up when ever you want.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by sookie23 View Post
    Had emails from Boston register office and the centre of history of medicine regarding the lyin-in at the oxford hotel.

Regarding the Oxford Hotel there is no record that the lady could find that puts the Oxford hotel as a lyin-in hotel but she has emailed me link to read all about the hospital, she has also asked for details of Elizabeth to see what she can find out

Register If there are no notes added to the register then the record stays as it is. Only a marriage record may hold information if he chose to add it. I have emailed her back asking what paperwork they would have both needed to leave the USA to return to Ireland.
    Skokie Elizabeth was a patient at the Lying-in Hospital, Boston. Her address at the time was the Oxford Hotel as a hotel guest ? Employee.

As an exercise if your ok with it I am looking at christening records. If only could be found as they do reveal a lot of extra info about mum and dad. I need to find the Church favoured by Condons . Will just look now and again.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Had emails from Boston register office and the centre of history of medicine regarding the lyin-in at the oxford hotel.

Regarding the Oxford Hotel there is no record that the lady could find that puts the Oxford hotel as a lyin-in hotel but she has emailed me link to read all about the hospital, she has also asked for details of Elizabeth to see what she can find out

Register If there are no notes added to the register then the record stays as it is. Only a marriage record may hold information if he chose to add it. I have emailed her back asking what paperwork they would have both needed to leave the USA to return to Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

NB it is the 1921 census https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1921-census

did you see if you can access ancestry via your library for free?

Just been looking at the records again, I am assuming that the Elizabeth Condon with Ellen and Catherine is not her? or would she have gone back for her sisters?
    The one where she is meeting sister Hannah is 1 May 1914 (MA arrival record), other is 1 Sep 1915 (UK departure record to New York)

Arrival 28 Feb 1919 in UK
    I think Ellen I put on first list is a red herring from this 1915 crossing

I have got lost on which are the correct siblings too!
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 19-05-21, 17:00.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Garrett is with uncles David, Jeremiah and Thomas in 1901.

For info from Irishgenealogy.ie

All children of Patrick Condon, Backsmith and Mary Sullivan of Labbamologgia reg district Mitchelstown

​​​Elizabeth b 1897 20 May

Annie M 1888
    Ellen b 15 April 1887
    Daniel b 1889 7 June d 24 May 1919 Lynn, Mass
    Johanna b 1890 12 July
    Garrett b 1892 9 July
    UPDATE Mary 1894 26 Sep d
    John b 1895 19 Dec
    Margaret b 1899 5 April

According to 1911 Patrick and Mary had 11 children born, 9 living.

​​​​​Nelly is Ellen
    Hannah is Joannah

​​​​​​

Vera
    Vera

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    I was wondering if that was the case. Got it at now thank you.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Garrett is with uncles David, Jeremiah and Thomas in 1901.

For info from Irishgenealogy.ie

All children of Patrick Condon, Backsmith and Mary Sullivan of Labbamologgia reg district Mitchelstown

​​​Elizabeth b 1897 20 May

Annie M 1888
    Ellen b 15 April 1887
    Daniel b 1889 7 June d 24 May 1919 Lynn, Mass
    Johanna b 1890 12 July
    Garrett b 1892 9 July
    John b 1895 19 Dec
    Margaret b 1899 5 April

According to 1911 Patrick and Mary had 11 children born, 9 living.

​​​​​

Vera
    Nelly is Ellen

Hannah is Johannah

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Is Nelly a child of Patrick and Mary or is this Patrick's sister

I've written all the names down and now totally lost

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied

Just been looking at the records again, I am assuming that the Elizabeth Condon with Ellen and Catherine is not her? or would she have gone back for her sisters?
    The one where she is meeting sister Hannah is 1 May 1914 (MA arrival record), other is 1 Sep 1915 (UK departure record to New York)

All joined, had to join north somersets library instead of just somerset.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Where on earth did I get 1929 from. Got some time to spare today so can have a good look, also the ancestry DNA results should be soon as DNA as now been extracted so hoping they will also help on his side of the family.

I've had a quick look one of the links that I got via Ancestry message board, 6 records to look at and the one I opened has 843 records.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoFamily
    replied

and I think this must be her obituary

​​​​​​Name: Jennie Condon
    Maiden Name: Dwyer
    Residence Place: 30 Lake
    Death Date: Abt 1922
    Obituary Date: 8 Sep 1922
    Spouse:
    Daniel Con-den

I don't have newspapers.com to view

interesting that many are working for Gen Elec - they must have encouraged families, unless they were massive in Lynn and one of the main places to work
    Death cert from FS, includes link to DC image
    Jennie Condon
    Female
    7 Sep 1922
    Lynn, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
    Lynn, Essex
    Ireland
    White
    Daniel Dwyer
    Male
    Mary Collins
    Female
    Daniel Condon

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6Z6N-JKZ6
    DC says she's buried in Saint Joseph's Cemetery, Lynn. Lots of Condons buried there

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    The 1929 census will be a massive help (fingers crossed) hope to find out if she stayed in Liverpool or actually went back home to Ireland. There are definitely no marriage records for her, so I'm thinking she just took Geralds fathers name and made it hers, just like my husbands nan did.

I'm going to take out a months subscription of the worldwide on Ancestry as the immigration/travel records on FMP are not as good.

A person on Ancestry post a few links to records on Family Search, they said it will be a case of going through each record to see if I can find Gerald

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    The 1929 census will be a massive help (fingers crossed) hope to find out if she stayed in Liverpool or actually went back home to Ireland. There are definitely no marriage records for her, so I'm thinking she just took Geralds fathers name and made it hers, just like my husbands nan did.

I'm going to take out a months subscription of the worldwide on Ancestry as the immigration/travel records on FMP are not as good.

A person on Ancestry post a few links to records on Family Search, they said it will be a case of going through each record to see if I can find Gerald
    Hello Sookie

I doubt Elizabeth stayed in Liverpool. As a Cook might have settled in England. There is an Elizabeth Carroll in the Willesden area on the ER with an address of Dollis Hill Hospital run by an Order of Nuns at that time.

The monthly subs are good but of course more expensive that way. Check out the sticky threads

St. Patrick (CC BY-SA ( Today we have added 15 new volumes to Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920. Today’s additions include 5 different parishes: St. Casimir in …

I have briefly looked at the christenings for beginning of 1918. No Gerald

May have something if they are willing to reveal

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    All that info out there but as you say Carolyn nothing about Elizabeth/Eliza/Lizzie who.appeared between Census. It doesn't look likely that she lived with Hannah either as Hannah was likely to be a resident nurse in the 1820's. Lizzie in 1914 was going to Hannah at a hospital on arrival.

Annie M, Nellie and and Daniel ? Patrick were in the Lynn area so maybe a church in that area for christening records. A bit of a long shot. Just remembered Daniel died pre 1920 so perhaps an obit/funeral record of family. Daniel died 1919 Lynn.

Vera

Leave a comment:

Working...
X