• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vera2013
    replied
    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    I can stick some on my google drive. Will see if I can find it
    Oh good idea. That was good for previous search. Can still email if necessary. Nice to see the images.

Veea

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    this is the link
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...ue&pId=2741976

have put here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W1itwdvA721MhLgw7

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Looking on family search now.

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

If you wish to pm me your email I can send you a download. Well I think I can or maybe I can link it into here somehow. Carolyn will know. On second thoughts Family Search site probably has it

Vera
    I can stick some on my google drive. Will see if I can find it

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    Originally posted by sookie23 View Post

I don't have the worldwide on Ancestry, so cant get this record up.
    you could try logging into your local library, they maybe still offering it for free.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied

If you wish to pm me your email I can send you a download. Well I think I can or maybe I can link it into here somehow. Carolyn will know. On second thoughts Family Search site probably has it

Vera

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    wow you are on a roll Vera.

looks like Lynn in the place to look maybe, wonder if that is where Elizabeth/Eliza went.

Can see Nellie Marries Thomas Fleming, and both girls living together in 1909
    There is lots of info out there for Annie M and M for Ellen. Lizzie Condon travelled in 1914 to be with her sister Hannah. Can't see so much on Hannah except 1920 when a Nurse in an institution.

I very much doubt Gerald would have left America without being christened. Shame Elizabeth came back before the 1920 census to pin point a church.

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Not too sure about this as b an Elizabeth, then Eliza and this is Lizzie! There is another Lizzie Condon, living in Cork with a sister Hannah and father Patrick.

On Ancestry Massecheusetts Arrival Passengers 1820-1963

23 April 1914 SS Cymnic

Line 17 2 pages

Lizzie Condon aged 17, Servant. Last permanent address Kilfinane

Name and address of relevant person from whence she came:
    Patrick Condon
    Labba------
    Knockanevin
    ?Co Limerick

Destination: W Lynn. Joining sister Hannah Condon at ? Tubber Hospital, W Lynn

Vera

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Kinsella will has come, nothing much on there either.

Puts him living with his daughter, dated 14 October 1945 at the minet gardens

will just states my said daughter Catherine Ann Marsh all my property possession's whatsoever, wheresoever.

Email all sent, sent it to the head of reference services.
    So possibly no longer with Elizabeth if living in Catherine Ann's home. Sometimes wills can be helpful. Fortunately mc helped.

You would have expected Elizabeth to have received something to prove Gerald's birth but then she may not have attended to Register

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    wow you are on a roll Vera.

looks like Lynn in the place to look maybe, wonder if that is where Elizabeth/Eliza went.

Can see Nellie Marries Thomas Fleming, and both girls living together in 1909

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Kinsella will has come, nothing much on there either.

Puts him living with his daughter, dated 14 October 1945 at the minet gardens

will just states my said daughter Catherine Ann Marsh all my property possession's whatsoever, wheresoever.

Email all sent, sent it to the head of reference services.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Not too sure about this as b an Elizabeth, then Eliza and this is Lizzie! There is another Lizzie Condon, living in Cork with a sister Hannah and father Patrick.

On Ancestry Massecheusetts Arrival Passengers 1820-1963

23 April 1914 SS Cymnic

Line 17 2 pages

Lizzie Condon aged 17, Servant. Last permanent address Kilfinane

Name and address of relevant person from whence she came:
    Patrick Condon
    Labba------
    Knockanevin
    ?Co Limerick

Destination: W Lynn. Joining sister Hannah Condon at ? Tubber Hospital, W Lynn

Vera
    Think this is ok. Have found sister Hannah in 1910 census with another sister Annie M whose marriage to Patrick Golden in Massacheusetts fits with Patrick and Mary nee Sullivan. Also with Annie M is Nellie and Daniel Condon.

The couple name one of their boys Gerald.
    ​​​​​

​​​​​​

Vera

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Should be Lying in as in waiting for baby to be born and then delivered.

Post 131 has a Lizzie going to Sister Hannah. This was the usual thing for Irish people to head off for a better life hopefully in the USA. They would often go to a relative who may have even helped with fare but would support them initially. Same as Irish families to the UK.

If that Lizzie is yours it may help to find where she lived in Boston via Sister Hannah. I' m sure Elizabeth would have been talked kindly off. She would not have been the first and as long as it was made to look as normal ie married that would have been OK.

Hope Boston email will shed some light on whether there is likely to be a bc.

Will post link for Boston Lying in Hospital records

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    In case it helps this is a summary of the 'known' siblings 8 so far need 3 more with 2 deaths before 1911

Daniel Condon 1889–
    Hanna Condon 1891–
    Garrett Condon 1892–
    John Condon 1896–
    Elizabeth M Condon 1898–1966
    Margaret Condon 1899–
    Catherine Condon 1905–
    Ellen Condon 1910–
    so so so many children. Lets hope there was some talk about Elizabeth (in a nice way) that has gone down the family over the years. Will add them to my family tree and see what it brings up.

Vera may be coming across a bit thick but what do you mean by laying in

I'm wondering why she went to America with two sisters, wondering if there was family there.

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    As expected Gerald will was seriously pretty useless to me but never mind. Still waiting for the Kinsella one.

I'm just about to email Boston.
    I did have anther reply on Ancestry saying that the record will be the same as what I see on the register, I have questioned this? Would they have been able to travel without documents?

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    In case it helps this is a summary of the 'known' siblings 8 so far need 3 more with 2 deaths before 1911

Daniel Condon 1889–
    Hanna Condon 1891–
    Garrett Condon 1892–
    John Condon 1896–
    Elizabeth M Condon 1898–1966
    Margaret Condon 1899–
    Catherine Condon 1905–
    Ellen Condon 1910–

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Thank you for the extra info. I'm happy with any links or any extra info you have as it all helps.

I found on my side of the family they filled their census in using the Knick names they actually called their children, I even had a iggy down.

I posted a question on Ancestry board regarding the missing name on the records and here is the reply

Unwed mothers of that era did often give birth in a hospital, and often the hospital would register several of these births at once so that there would be several unnamed children on the same page. I don't know the situation, but if the father was involved with raising the child there could be something in probate records where he declared himself the father, which would provide the child's name and date of birth.
    I have seen whole lists of babies born to unwed mothers. Just feel the Boston list slightly different in that she is the only unwed mother there. Further research could be done as I seem to remember a site with hospital admissions for Boston. Will see if I can find it again

I think Elizabeth is very likely to have had Gerald christened very soon after she was discharged from hospital. Getting that would mean finding out where she was living at the time prior to the Lying in. Not sure the hotel mentioned would be her home address but then if she were a Cook maybe

I have posted a possible journey into Boston. She is joining a sister Hannah but that would all need to be researched to confirm the correct family but may turn up something. It's always worth seeing what can be picked up. Finding Geralds father maybe more difficult if he doesn't want to be found

Vera

Leave a comment:

• sookie23
    replied
    Thank you for the extra info. I'm happy with any links or any extra info you have as it all helps.

I found on my side of the family they filled their census in using the Knick names they actually called their children, I even had a iggy down.

I posted a question on Ancestry board regarding the missing name on the records and here is the reply

Unwed mothers of that era did often give birth in a hospital, and often the hospital would register several of these births at once so that there would be several unnamed children on the same page. I don't know the situation, but if the father was involved with raising the child there could be something in probate records where he declared himself the father, which would provide the child's name and date of birth.

Leave a comment:

• vera2013
    replied
    Garrett is with uncles David, Jeremiah and Thomas in 1901.

For info from Irishgenealogy.ie

All children of Patrick Condon, Backsmith and Mary Sullivan of Labbamologgia reg district Mitchelstown

​​​Elizabeth b 1897 20 May

Annie M 1888
    Ellen b 15 April 1887
    Daniel b 1889 7 June d 24 May 1919 Lynn, Mass
    Johanna b 1890 12 July
    Garrett b 1892 9 July
    John b 1895 19 Dec
    Margaret b 1899 5 April

According to 1911 Patrick and Mary had 11 children born, 9 living.

​​​​​

Vera

Leave a comment:

• cbcarolyn
    replied
    I thought it was it but the 1911 census is this one https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...d=162288556697
    and threw me, Garrett I assume is Daniel, Ellen and Catherine (from shipping) no sign. will have a look later just off out

Patrick Condon 56 Head
    Thomas Condon 35 Brother
    Mary Condon 54 Wife
    Garrett Condon 19 Son
    John Condon 14 Son
    Margaret Condon 12 Daughter
    Patrick Condon 40 Head of Family (Head)
    Mary Condon 38 Wife
    Daniel Condon 12 Son
    Hanna Condon 10 Daughter
    John Condon 5 Son
    Eliza Condon 3 Daughter