Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service Record for The Royal Engineers 1891? finding Richard Kean b Manchester 1860

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the family, I think?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Holly View Post
      This is the family, I think?
      Yep that's what I saw... not seeing anything for Mary Agnes though.

The only William Havelock Wilson I'm seeing in the birth index is one in 1894/Swansea but presume this is WJW and Margarets son?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

• Yes, that’s my late Uncle William Havelock Wilson, born 6th June 1894 at 113 St Helen’s Road Swansea.

I can’t find the reference for the other Havelock Wilson baby, but I remember thinking what a coincidence it was.

Last edited by Holly; 25-07-23, 12:14.

Comment

I’ve obtained the PDF Death Certificate for the Catherine Johnson in Burnley in 1913, but I don’t think it’s the right Catherine Johnson ? The Informant is Herbert Johnson, living in Nelson and working as a Cotton Weaver. And so perhaps Catherine Johnson, nee Kean remained in the USA?
          This is the right one, Herbert Johnson was the chap she married in USA and he was a cotton weaver, so he could have been doing it whilst they were over here. Maybe they had intended to stay on England. The address is his family home where his parents live.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

• Such a horrible death, - I didn’t want it to be her!

I was hoping that she’d married the Herbert Johnson who stayed on in Massachusetts and married Minnie Burke, and that Catherine had left him and gone off elsewhere…

But no, sadly that must be her. 😰

Comment

I’ve obtained the PDF Death Certificate for the Catherine Johnson in Burnley in 1913, but I don’t think it’s the right Catherine Johnson ? The Informant is Herbert Johnson, living in Nelson and working as a Cotton Weaver. And so perhaps Catherine Johnson, nee Kean remained in the USA?
              presumably the child didn't survive?
              Julie

Comment

• Do you know where she is buried? wondered if anything was mentioned in the burial register about the child.
                Julie

Comment

• I would say child didn't survive, the father went back to US without a child. But could have left with family, no child of that age on 1921 census.

Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

• these 2 posts refer to Catherine

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                    https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

Arrivals UK

Catherine Johnson Wife aged 27 b 1885

Boston to Liverpool 11/12/1912 SS Ivernia

Vera

Vera
                    Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                    Capture Johnson fmp death.JPG A possible for Catherine

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

Burnley reg (for Nelson)from whence Herbert came on manifest 12/07/1913

Catherine Johnson b 1885
                    Died 2nd q 1913 aged 28

This is a death announcement for Burnley at the hospital

Express and Advertiser
                    BMD Burnley
                    23rd May 1913 Catherine Johnson
                    At the hospital

Vera
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

• Thanks cbcarolyn I can't read that newspaper clipping as it doesn't enlarge. Not to worry just being overly nosey.. as you do!
                      Julie

Comment

• Thanks Carolyn, for summarising.

Sadly I can’t find any mention of a child surviving:-(

Holly.

Comment

• I can't remember if this has already been posted but I have found an Agnes Keen going from Detroit MI to Canada, aged 35yrs and single with no relatives. could this be Mary Agnes?

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Name Agnes Keen
                          Gender Female
                          Age 35
                          Nationality English
                          Birth Date abt 1882
                          Birth Place Aalon Clinton, England
                          Arrival Date 10 Jul 1917
                          Arrival Place Detroit, Michigan, USA

Maybe not as Avalon Clinton is in Wiltshire. back to the drawing board!​
                          Julie

Comment

• Thanks for looking Darksecretz.

After Mary Agnes Kean was admitted to Bury Workhouse in 1891, it’s difficult to find her again.
                            There’s a possible sighting on the 1901 Census, working as a Servant in Bury. As her sister Catherine Kean went out to the USA, initially to stay with her Aunt Mary Ann Gregory, I have wondered if Mary Agnes Kean went too, but I can’t definitely find her on the Passenger Lists.

Comment

Thanks for looking Darksecretz.

After Mary Agnes Kean was admitted to Bury Workhouse in 1891, it’s difficult to find her again.
                              There’s a possible sighting on the 1901 Census, working as a Servant in Bury. As her sister Catherine Kean went out to the USA, initially to stay with her Aunt Mary Ann Gregory, I have wondered if Mary Agnes Kean went too, but I can’t definitely find her on the Passenger Lists.
                              That's ok... I was just having a quick mosey about to see if I had missed anything.

Do you have a link to the WH admission at all? I didn't see anything like that when I was looking [aside from some in London!]
                              Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

That's ok... I was just having a quick mosey about to see if I had missed anything.

Do you have a link to the WH admission at all? I didn't see anything like that when I was looking [aside from some in London!]
                                GBPRS_MAN_4470999_00625.jpg
                                They are on FMP, but tell you very little, just that the grandfather admitted them, and he is also is in there on and off (names swapped with ages)

I assume there are other registers, but not on line.

I know at the time we searched for death, and Catherine went to Bury before the USA, so looked there too. As they were different ages, they probably left separately?
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

• Yes, I found the Registers on FMP when I had access, but my Subs on there have expired now.

I also noticed another Massachusetts marriage for a Mary A Kean in about 1915, but don't know if it's the right one.

Comment

• can't see any with father Richard and mother Mary on Ancestry in Massachusetts on the parish ones.

rest no father so not sure how you tell
                                    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 27-07-23, 20:34.
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

Yes, I found the Registers on FMP when I had access, but my Subs on there have expired now.

I also noticed another Massachusetts marriage for a Mary A Kean in about 1915, but don't know if it's the right one.
                                      I'll have a look tomorrow Holly I'm off to bed shortly as I have a 5am wake up.
                                      Julie

Comment

• Thanks both.

Yes, none with Parents Richard Kean and Mary Ann Young amongst those Marriages.

Comment

• Not seeing much at all the Mary A Kea/en in Massachusetts isn't your Mary, The only other thing I can think of is that she married just before 1901 cens, that way she would have a new name for the census taking. I can't spot immediately anything like, I presume that Manchester PRs are on FMP as it's a bit sparse on Ancestry.
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X