Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where was Arthur Morris born. posted 9.1.21

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #41
    If the Irlam ones were them there is a Harry death in 1948, so he would be on 1939 reg. Names need to be more unique!
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

    Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

    Comment


      #42
      Yep with you now GL.. yes working together out of sight.. am a bit rusty.

      looking good though as you say the records need to be purchased to be absolute.

      Today has just whizzed by!..
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

      .......I find dead people

      Comment


        #43
        Darksecretz Totally agree, the hour have just flown past.

        Comment


          #44
          Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
          I did spot this in Irlam Boundary Road, 1930, names are too common to get any sense if this could be them
          Boundary Road Irlam.JPG
          Yes I suppose they may have moved by this time to Boundary Rd in Irlam.

          The main road through Irlam is a continuation of the main road out of Eccles & goes through Peel Green & on to Irlam.
          I am not sure if Irlam or part of it was under Barton upon Irwell reg.The main road follows the alongside the route of Manchester Ship Canal.
          ​Bettyespana

          Comment


            #45
            Going back to Phoebe Morris date of birth 7th April 1905 Warrington .I have found her baptism entry on Lancashire Online Parish records
            Phoebe was baptised at St Elphins Church,Warrington 20th April. 1905 I had previously seen a copy of the baptism record on Family Search & it states
            that they were living at 5 Deakins Yard,Warrington.Father: Harry Morris & Mother: Mary Ellen Morris
            ​Bettyespana

            Comment


              #46
              Originally posted by bettyespana View Post

              Yes I suppose they may have moved by this time to Boundary Rd in Irlam.

              The main road through Irlam is a continuation of the main road out of Eccles & goes through Peel Green & on to Irlam.
              I am not sure if Irlam or part of it was under Barton upon Irwell reg.The main road follows the alongside the route of Manchester Ship Canal.
              yes it is part of the same district
              https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/barton.html
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

              Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

              Comment


                #47
                who did Emma marry, will have a look in the papers, you never know.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

                Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

                Comment


                  #48
                  Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                  who did Emma marry, will have a look in the papers, you never know.
                  If you mean Emma Morris,then I can tell you she married a Walter Mellor in 1950 Barton on Irwell
                  ​Bettyespana

                  Comment


                    #49
                    Originally posted by bettyespana View Post

                    If you mean Emma Morris,then I can tell you she married a Walter Mellor in 1950 Barton on Irwell
                    she married late in life, where was she in 1939 have you found her? Not looked hard, but she wasn't obvious.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

                    Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

                    Comment


                      #50
                      I don't know if her marriage to Walter Mellor in 1950 was a first marriage for Emma or not.I also don't know where she was in1939.

                      ​Bettyespana

                      Comment


                        #51
                        Originally posted by bettyespana View Post
                        I don't know if her marriage to Walter Mellor in 1950 was a first marriage for Emma or not.I also don't know where she was in1939.
                        Just remembered it was either Trevelyan St or Shaftesbury St,Eccles where Ellen Morris lived during the1960s.I am not sure if Walter Mellor her husband
                        was still living or not.

                        I know it was one of these streets as Arthur Morris & family lived in Mayfield Road which was adjacent to these two streets & Emma lived "behind them"

                        Whether Emma lived there in 1939 I would not know but her brother Arthur & family were found in 1939 reg.living in Lewis Street Eccles.
                        ​Bettyespana

                        Comment


                          #52
                          I have her on the 1939 census with George R Jones and Daughter Ayliffe M (she married in 1946 and died in 1969). They are in 111 Ellesmere Street, Eccles. Not followed up on George, so not sure when he died.

                          there are a few other children in Barton with Jones/Morris names, and lots of redacted lines on the register.

                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

                          Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

                          Comment


                            #53
                            Thank you for the info you found.I thought there maybe someone else before Walter Mellor because the name Ayliffe was mentioned but I never
                            knew who she was .So she was Emma's daughter.The Morris family always kept things close to their chests so to speak.

                            A point of interest: Barton on Irwell was the original name for Eccles.Some where along the years people used the area name of Eccles(I think when they got
                            a market).Eventually the name Barton on Irwell just became the registration name & Eccles became the permanent name of the town.)
                            I myself was born in Winton,Eccles.& reg. under Barton on Irwel I don't know if the registration is now under Barton on Irwell or if it is under Salford due to govt.changes of boundaries.
                            ​Bettyespana

                            Comment


                              #54
                              I used to live in Glazebury and work for Greater Manchester probation service which had offices near the cricket ground/football ground/police HQ on the 90s, and drove to work that way all around there, so know the area a little bit.

                              It looks like they had several children, making them 'cousins' to your son, get confused on how many times removed!
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

                              Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

                              Comment


                                #55
                                Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                I used to live in Glazebury and work for Greater Manchester probation service which had offices near the cricket ground/football ground/police HQ on the 90s, and drove to work that way all around there, so know the area a little bit.

                                It looks like they had several children, making them 'cousins' to your son, get confused on how many times removed!
                                You finding Emma & George R Jones + her daughter Ayliffe in1939 living in Ellesmere Street which is only within a couple of streets away from Emma's brother Arthur Morris
                                is amazing.Its as if they needed to be within a very short distance of one another.I always remember Arthur Morris as a lovely,quiet gentleman.Respected by his children & anyone who knew him.

                                I left UK in 2003 &visit every year & it sadly has become almost unrecognisible,Its called progress,not sure I agree.

                                Thank you & your fellow searchers for all the help you have given.I think it is time now to close the searches on this family.

                                ​Bettyespana

                                Comment


                                  #56
                                  I left Manchester in 1995 and it has changed loads, I used to cut through the back around Kelloggs - and that is now all a huge shopping centre. Glad to have helped, be nice if you can get a confirmed death for Arthur's parents.
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

                                  Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

                                  Comment


                                    #57
                                    Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                    I left Manchester in 1995 and it has changed loads, I used to cut through the back around Kelloggs - and that is now all a huge shopping centre. Glad to have helped, be nice if you can get a confirmed death for Arthur's parents.
                                    Good heavens, in his trucking days, hubby used to be in and out of there regularly as was no.2 stepson for a while. Same with the loo roll paper mill. I have ancestors from nearby mostly registered in Barton upon Irwell. They lived in Walkden, Worsley and Ellenbrook. I've still not managed to this day to get into the Trafford Shopping Centre. The last time we managed to get abroad pre covid and just pre the collapse of Thomas Cook, we stayed in a hotel on Manchester Airport. Somebody told us there were plenty places to eat in the centre and it was open Sunday evenings. Erm, no! The cinema part was but the shopping centre containing the eateries was shut.

                                    Comment


                                      #58
                                      I know Walkden a little too - as changed jobs and used to drive to Bolton through Walkden and got my car from there Long time since I have been that way, regretted moving back down south tbh, did like it there.
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

                                      Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

                                      Comment


                                        #59
                                        Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                        I know Walkden a little too - as changed jobs and used to drive to Bolton through Walkden and got my car from there Long time since I have been that way, regretted moving back down south tbh, did like it there.
                                        Its a small world,I was born Winton,Eccles.but when dad came out of the Army went back to Eccles until I was 5.We moved to Worsley & then we moved to Walkden when I was 9.

                                        I lived in Walkden until 1979,then moved to Westhoughton,went back to Worsley .back to Westhoughton in 1997.Retired to Spain 2003 with my 2nd husband.Sadly he died in 2019,after being together 40yrs. Never regretted moving to the Costa Blanca & will not return to UK ,only for visits.

                                        I don't know if you have noticed but there has been a theme in my life,not on purpose.All the places I lived in began with a W. Oh! & I did get to the Trafford Centre -once.
                                        ​Bettyespana

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X