No announcement yet.

wireless etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fran I got an adaptor for mine and it wouldnt work ? found out it was not suitable for my Laptop ? guess where I bought it ??? PC World and I did tell them what Laptop and who I was with ,check yours is the right one , and if I were you I'd ring the company thats supplies them ,they usually have a help line.
    Talktalk are not good at customer service , do they still play that terrible music ????????????

Comment

if it worked on another router ??? why not stick with that?

Comment

Have a go at ringing the helpline: the people at the other end are trained to be helpful and they're very used to helping those of us who aren't very experienced with PCs. (I think the current 'Which' tv ad which accuses helpdesk staff of being too technical is very unfair because this isn't (usually) true!) The advantage of calling the company's own helpline is that their staff will understand exactly what you're seeing on your screen and how to help you put things right. Good luck!
        Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Val,I'm pretty sure that the adapter is working,because it worked with the other router. I can't stick with the other router because it is not mine! Yes they do play the music,but I didn't have a long wait.
          Thank you S.S.The chap I spoke to today went step by step. He was very good in that respect,but he couldn't/wouldn't explain to my how I could connect using my friend's router,so adapter was working,but not using my router when adapter must have been working just the same. At that point he just wanted to be rid of me.
          Fran

Comment

Fran couldnt you have just used your router and adaptor when you spoke to him? they arent keen on helping otherwise.
            Try the Talktalk forum you may be luckier there than on the phone .

Comment

Val, I was using my router and adapter when I spoke to him. He did try to help and seemed really surprised when he wasn't successful.
              Fran

Comment

this will give you an idea of what it should look like

Comment

I emailed Micronet Fran this was their answer and they sent me the manual I will try and put the page on here

First of all, please refer to page 7 of the user’s guide to ensure that the driver for the adapter has been installed correctly. Once you have done that, you should be able to view a list of available wireless networks by right-mouse clicking on the wireless adapter icon (lower right hand side of the screen). Now, depending on your router’s settings, you may need to enter additional information in the wireless adapter utility, such as SSID or encryption password. To find out how to access your router, please refer to its user’s guide for more details.

If the driver has been installed incorrectly the first time, please remove the adapter from the computer, uninstall the wireless utility (Control Panel, Add/Remove Program, and look for wireless USB adapter utility), and perform driver installation again.
                  Best Regards,

Comment

SP907GK_Manual.pdf
                    this is the manual you need to go to page 7 dont worry it looks hard but it isnt

Comment

Thanks Val.Have tried that. After someone else having a go yesterday(another 30 mins on phone) they are sending someone out tomorrow morning.I tried to register on that forum but it wouln't accept my details. I am really fed up with all this as you can imagine.thank you again for your help.
                      Fran

Comment

please let me know how you get on ?

Comment

Val, the engineer has just left.The router was faulty.I am wireless!He had to fix the new one so that it worked with cordless phone,but now I can move computer out of this room thank goodness.Thank you again for your help and interest.
                          Fran

Comment

I am amazed they turned up Fran, was it the talktalk engineer??? thank goodness your sorted now.

Comment

It was the Talktalk engineer and on time.What I have just noticed is that the strength of the signal has lessened.Is it usual for it to fluctuate?
                              Fran

Comment

It was the Talktalk engineer and on time.What I have just noticed is that the strength of the signal has lessened.Is it usual for it to fluctuate?
                                Fran

Comment

Working...
                                X