Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
    Glen can I please ask for baptisms of children of James and Ann Bishop, probably in Woburn. You found Mary for me in 1818.

I have found a submitted marriage for James Bishop to Ann North 15/11/1810 Woburn, can you check that this is correct please?
    There was only one other child. Louisa 12/1/!812. I also checked the database & there were no others in the vicinity unless they were across the border.

James BISHOP botp Ann NORTH sotp Banns 15/11/1810
    Wit: John BISHOP Hannah BUTLER. Ann made her mark.
    Glen

Comment

• Many thanks Glen.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post
        If you get any spare time on one of your visits, I'd be very grateful if you'd have a look for a couple of baptisms and a burial for me.

My ancestors William and Ann Haines/Haynes had a removal order from Berkshire to Stoke Poges in October 1824. They had at least two children after their resettlement - Hannah born c1824/5 and Harriet born c1830/1 - places of birth are always given as Langley (Marish), Bucks and Stoke Poges respectively. William died before 1836 when Ann remarried in Bray. I have a possible burial in New Windsor for him but wondered if he was actually buried in Stoke Poges.

Thanks in advance
        Unfortunately, there was no burial for William.

Stoke Poges

Baptisms
        All to Ann & William (Lab) of Stoke Poges
        Hannah 8/5/1825
        Mary Ann 27/5/1827
        John 10/5/1829
        Sarah Ann 28/8/1831
        Harriet 28/7/1833

Burials
        John 14 mths 14/9/1830
        Sarah 16 mths 28/11/1832

There were children with similar names being baptised in the same time frame at Langley Marish. The mother was Ann but the father was Matthew.
        Glen

Comment

• Thank you so much Glen - I am so chuffed with the information, especially as Hannah is my direct ancestor. I didn't know of the siblings who had died young - or that Matthew (William's brother) was over that way. I'll revisit the burial at New Windsor. Thank you:-)
          Asa

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
            The Upper Chapel records don't start until 1804 but I had a look anyway & there were some families doing a job lot at the beginning but not yours.

Speen isn't on film & I didn't have my CARN ticket with me so I couldn't visit the Archives. I'll go in next week but that doesn't look very promising either as the records don't start until 1813.
            Thank you.
            Maybe it is possible they were Primitive Baptists, and maybe there aren't records that have survived.
            Last edited by Joy Dean; 09-09-09, 17:39.
            Joy

Comment

I had another look for your SIMMONDS (all variations) & spread the net wider. There was a marriage for a Joseph in Penn in 1812 but this was to a Mary. Sorry

Glen,

Thanks for trying again.

Comment

• Glen, if it's ok to ask for another, can you please have a look for the baptism of my g g grandmother Emily Johnson when you have time? She was born in about 1823/5 in Little Marlow, the daughter of Samuel and Margaret. I have Samuel's burial from there in 1833 and Emily's marriage to William there in 1845.
                Asa

Comment

• No problem Asa, ask for as many as you like; the requests seem to have dried up.
                  Glen

Comment

• Thanks Glen but I don't want to push my luck, I have a few Bucks ancestors:-)

One problem chap I have is a James Goss born (according to census) in c1780/3 in Bucks. His place of birth is given as Braddle Bucks in 1851 and Linford in 1861. His wife Hannah was from Linford and the baptisms are on the IGI and he doesn't appear and I can't locate anything like Braddle - does it mean anything to you? Several trees on Ancestry have my James as being born in 1776 and from the Sandy area of Beds but I can't see any evidence for that at all. They were married in Great Linford.
                    Asa

Comment

• It's probably Bradwell which would be pronounced Braddle & is close to Gt Linford. I'll see what I can find on Wednesday.
                      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                        Thank you.
                        Maybe it is possible they were Primitive Baptists, and maybe there aren't records that have survived.
                        JOY

I looked through the Non-Con Catalogue but there were no other records in the vicinity at the correct time. Most started much later.

I went into the Archives to have a look at Speen - there were only baptisms 1813 - 1833 & your names were not there.
                        Glen

Comment

Glen, if it's ok to ask for another, can you please have a look for the baptism of my g g grandmother Emily Johnson when you have time? She was born in about 1823/5 in Little Marlow, the daughter of Samuel and Margaret. I have Samuel's burial from there in 1833 and Emily's marriage to William there in 1845.
                          ASA

The following are all in Lt Marlow with parents Margaret & Samuel (Lab), some with mmn DORMER.
                          Mary b. 15/8/1819 bapt. 12/9/1819 Westhorpe
                          John b.1/2/1822 bapt. 3/3/1822 Westrup
                          Emily 20/6/1824 Woolbarn
                          Thomas 28/1/1827 Moor
                          Ann 2/5/1830 Lt Marlow
                          Louiza 26/5/1833 Flackwell Heath
                          Phebe b.6/6/1836 bapt.31/7/1836 Fern (Poor widow)

Found the marriage in West Wycombe.
                          Samuel JOHNSON Margaret DORMER botp Banns 31/12/1816
                          Wit: Thomas JOHNSON Thomas HARRIS Only HARRIS signed.

Their first child was also bapt. there
                          Edward s. Samuel/Margaret W.Wycombe 27/4/1817.

I had a look for Samuel's baptism, one to a JOYNSON in 1792 & buried the same year & another to William/Mary 29/7/1798. This would make him young at marriage unless he was baptised late which doesn't appear so as the parents were baptising at regular intervals so inconclusive.

There was a baptism for Margaret DORMER at Cadmore End 1/7/1792 to John & Ann. Sisters Ann & Mary were bapt. 1787 & 1790.

A marriage occurred in Gt Marlow.
                          John DORMER botp Ann AYRES sotp Banns 12/10/1777
                          Wit: Thomas STEVENS William TOVERS?? John & Thomas signed.

They bapt. there Henry, Hannah & John 1778, 1780, 1782 so a 5 year gap between the 2 groups.

Hope this gives you something to work on.
                          Glen

Comment

• Blimey Glen - thank you very much for all of that - certainly gives me a lot to work on:-)

I have a burial for Samuel Johnson at Little Marlow aged 35 in 1833, which ties in with the West Wycombe baptism and also of course with Margaret being a widow by the time of Phoebe's baptism.

Thank you very much for all your time
                            Asa

Comment

Thanks Glen but I don't want to push my luck, I have a few Bucks ancestors:-)

One problem chap I have is a James Goss born (according to census) in c1780/3 in Bucks. His place of birth is given as Braddle Bucks in 1851 and Linford in 1861. His wife Hannah was from Linford and the baptisms are on the IGI and he doesn't appear and I can't locate anything like Braddle - does it mean anything to you? Several trees on Ancestry have my James as being born in 1776 and from the Sandy area of Beds but I can't see any evidence for that at all. They were married in Great Linford.
                              ASA,

As it's half-time I'll try to fit this in. Not so much on this one.

Gt Linford
                              James GOSS s. John/Susanna 27/10/1782

Oldb Bradwell (Braddle)
                              John GOSS otp Susanna WALKER otp Banns 28/10/1779
                              Wit: Edward LADD Thomas DANIELS John made his mark.

A son Thomas was born there in 1780 & then no more (I think) until 1789 (John) so fits with James being bapt. in Gt Linford. Didn't notice if others were bapt. there 1782-1789.

Do you have the details for the marriages of James GOSS/Hannah CARR & Thomas CARR/Elizabeth HILL?
                              Glen

Comment

• I really appreciate this, Glen. Bucks is one of the ROs I've been wanting to get to and never have. That's my chap - I only have the marriage from the IGI. The Carrs are well covered on Ancestry in the BUcks PRs but for some reason I had never picked up James
                                Asa

Comment

• Here are the details Asa.

James GOSS otp Hannah CARR otp Banns 10/8/1809
                                  Wit: John CARR Sarah CARR Elizabeth SOUSTER. James made his mark.

Thomas CARR botp Elizabeth HILL sotp Banns 25/4/1782
                                  Wit: John RAINBOW John HARBERY?? Thomas made his mark.
                                  Glen

Comment

• Thank you very much for that - the Rainbows were connections.
                                    Asa

Comment

• Hi Glen, sorry not to have got back to you sooner. You said you hadn't been able to find Elizabeth WALKER or siblings baptised at St Mary's in P Ris so you assume they may therefore have been non-com. Given the large Baptist movement in P Ris in 1830s/1840s I would imagine they were probably Baptist, so if you could possibly check the records for the P Ris baptist church next time you are at the Bucks RO that would be much appreciated. Many thanks, Helen

Originally posted by Helen in Bucks View Post
                                      Glen, bit cheeky I know and please do say if this is too much, but another Bucks query for you if you have time.

Elizabeth WALKER born Princes Risborough (some censuses say Park Field which was a part of P Ris) approx. 1834
                                      mother Mary UNKNOWN, from 1841 census, widowed on this census
                                      father James WALKER, from Elizabeth's marriage cert

would like to find a baptism for Elizabeth to confirm parents' names
                                      and also a marriage for the parents

Elizabeth's siblings from census (in case this helps): Ann 1832, William 1834, George 1835, John 1840, on the 1841 census there is also a Solomon WALKER age 22 who I guess could be a younger brother of James?

many thanks

Helen

Comment

JOY

I looked through the Non-Con Catalogue but there were no other records in the vicinity at the correct time. Most started much later.

I went into the Archives to have a look at Speen - there were only baptisms 1813 - 1833 & your names were not there.

Thank you very much for looking for them.

Another query, please - could you find out any more about Wileam Man and Ann Alin?
                                        This is what I know, and I have gone forward from Edward Newton. Thank you.

Wileam Man married Ann Alin in Ludgershall, 1712.

Wileam Man and Ann Alin had the following family:
                                        i. Mary Man was born 1713. She was christened in Ludgershall. She married William Hows.
                                        ii. Anne Man was born 1715. She was christened in Ludgershall, 8 March 1715. She married Edward Newton in Brill, 25 September 1738.
                                        Joy

Comment

• I was away this week & shan't be going in next week as I'm having new windows fitted. I hope to go in the 21st but can't guarantee it as I have to be elsewhere the following weekend & my travel arrangements may entail leaving mid-week.

Helen

Think I may have looked for yours when I was looking for Joy's but can't be certain so will check next time I'm in.

JOY

Will do yours asap too.
                                          Glen

Comment

Working...
                                          X