Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmonds

My grandfatherx3 was Joseph Simmonds born 07/1786 in Little Marlow. He was married to Rebecca born Iver abt. 1789. I should be grateful if you could find any references in the Buck's records which might give details of their parents. I note that their children were baptised at the Providence Independent Uxbridge therefore there maybe no info. in Bucks.

Thank you.

Comment

• fmandcsb

Did they survive until the Census, where were they living & do you have the children's names? A little background helps with the search.
      Glen

Comment

• Warwickshire probate lookup please

Hi Glen
        Have pasted my query on your thread thankyou for offer of lookup appreciate
        your help
        Jonn Jebson ( sometimes spelt Jepson/ Jephson) died 17 Oct 1839 Church St Nuneaton
        occ baker wife Harriett Croshaw
        would appreciate probate lookup plse
        Thankyou
        Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
        Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
        ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

• Originally posted by Helen in Bucks View Post
          Joy thats fine, look forward to hearing from you, it may be that its someone I'm already in contact with. Helen

He has joined the site, Helen - user name is Anglo Saxon.
          Joy

Comment

• JEBBO,

Sorry, getting carried away with myself. The date didn't register until I was about to do it. Obviously in Bucks I only have access to the NPC which starts in 1858.
            Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by fmandcsb View Post
              My grandfatherx3 was Joseph Simmonds born 07/1786 in Little Marlow. He was married to Rebecca born Iver abt. 1789. I should be grateful if you could find any references in the Buck's records which might give details of their parents. I note that their children were baptised at the Providence Independent Uxbridge therefore there maybe no info. in Bucks.

Thank you.
              fmandcsb,

I found a Joseph SYMONDS baptised 19/3/1786 in Lt Marlow to John & Mary. The only marriage for a John on the database was in Gt Marlow which seemed likely. However when I looked that John was marrying a Sarah. There was no marriage for a Joseph in a suitable year so I was unable to identify Rebecca.

This baptism differs from the date you gave & it may be that they were Non-Con too.
              Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                Thank you again. I received some years ago help from subscribers on the rootsweb mailing list for Buckinghamshire about my ancestral family from that county including information in the following:-

Jesse Green was born in Speen, Buckingham about 1800. He married Sophia Loosley in Princes Risborough, 12 February 1828. Jesse Green bachelor of Speen and Sophia Loosley spinster of Speen were married by Banns at Princes Risborough.
                Sophia was born in Speen, Buckingham about 1807. Sophia died 2 April 1848 in Speen, Princes Risborough. Cause of death: 'Died in child bed. Not certified.', her age was 41 years, wife of Jesse Green, labourer.
                Jesse died 27 January 1861 in Speen, Princes Risborough. Cause of death: 'General decay', his age was 61, occupation Carrier. The informant was his daughter, Mary Green, present at the death.
                It is possible that his father was William Green.
                Censuses for the GREEN family of Speen:-
                1821 census Mrs Green Family of 3 males and 1 female Two males ages 20 to 30 One male age 60 to 70 One female age 60 to 70 . NB no evidence the three males were 'Green'.
                1831 census Jesse Green Family of 3 males, 2 females (no ages given on 1831 census) but two males were over 20 years, one a labourer, one a woodworker. ** Also John Green Family one male one female, one male over 20 was a labourer. ** This could be John Green who turns up on Baptist Church records, and possibly could be a brother of Jesse. Also there is a John Green on the 1841 census Speen, Ag lab, age 54, with Celia, age 60.
                1841 census Jefse Green Ag Lab, age 40, wife Sophia, age 30, Sophia, age 8, William, age 4, Mary, age 1, Speen.
                1851 census Jessy Green Carrier / Carter, age 51, widowed, daughter Mary, age 11, Lacemaker, daughter Elizabeth, age 8, Lacemaker, son William, age 6, Maria Harman, Servant, age 38, Housekeeper, born Windsor, Speen.
                On the birth certificate of his daughter Mary, Jesse was a sawyer. On his daughter Mary's marriage certificate, he was a labourer.

Jesse and Sophia's daughter Mary is my great-grandmother who married John Newton in St John's, Lacey Green, Princes Risborough, 9 March 1861 and whose burial you have found for me.
                I do have quite a lot of information about Mary's brothers and sisters.

No one could find the christenings for Jesse and Sophia - I wonder if you can, please?
                JOY,

There is no sign of baptisms for Jesse or Sophia in the database which leads me to believe they are Non-Con.

The Bucks RO site has a list of Non-Con Registers so let me know where you'd like me to look.

The good news is that I believe I have found John NEWTON & he definitely didn't make it to the GRO Index but Wycombe should have him.

Hazlemere Buried
                John NEWTON Widmer End 7? 28/6/1902 The ? is a big splodge but I think it's him. Also:
                Ellen NEWTON Widmer End 38 29/9/1909
                Wife of son William I believe.
                Glen

Comment

• JAC,

Well there's nothing wrong with my eyesight so it must be the pastor's hearing. The register definitely reads James son of ... I have one in reverse where a James is recorded as Jane daughter but no Jane shows in the census & James goes on to marry & have a family.

So in my opinion Thomas & Hannah had a daughter Jane but not a son James.
                  Glen

Comment

Glen, thank you. As I said before, don't spend too long on it.

Here's another one I'm not getting very far with using online resources, I would hope that the Bledlow parish regs might be helpful, I realise I have now asked you for lots of help and I would quite understand if enough was enough - please say if you don't have time to do this:

Thomas Williams, born Bledlow ca. 1834.

1841 census Class: HO107; Piece 40; Book: 4, Lower Green, Bledlow. Rachael Williams, age 30, lacemaker, Thomas Williams age 8, George Williams age 6, Solomon Williams age 3, all born in Buckinghamshire.

1851 census Class: HO107; Piece: 1720; Folio: 615; Page: 29 with Badger family, farm labourer.

1861 census Class: RG9; Piece: 863; Folio: 7; Page: 7, with father in law Daniel Butler, head, widowed, 64, ag lab, born Bledlow. Thomas Williams, son in law, married, 27, ag lab, born Bledlow. Sarah Williams, daughter / wife, married, 26, lace maker, born Bledlow. Sarah Williams, daughter, 3, born Bledlow. Mary Williams, daughter, 9 months, born Bledlow.

Marriage cert for Thomas Williams and Sarah Butler:
                    27th November 1856 at the parish church in the parish of Bledlow. Thomas Williams, 21 years, bachelor, farm labourer, residence Bledlow, father John Williams, farm labourer. Sarah Butler, 21 years, spinster, lacemaker, residence Bledlow, father Daniel Butler, farm labourer. Both bride and groom made their mark. Witnesses Joseph Jefkins and Jane Nichols (their marks).

I can't find a marriage for John Williams and Rachel so don't know Rachel's maiden name.

I can't find a baptism for Thomas Williams to confirm parents.

I did find a possible baptism for John Williams on the IGI, but it was a submitted record, 25th Dec 1793, Bledlow, parents John Williams and Sarah Tappin.

Rachel / Rachael Williams is on 1851 and 1861 censuses in Bledlow, both have her birth year as 1806 and borth place as Henton in 1851 and Chinnor in 1861. She is on the 1881 census with her son Solomon and his family. Her death reg in 1884 age 78, don't have cert.

I've got a horrible feeling that John may be a made up father too - there seems to be a lot of it about on the Bucks part of my tree ...
                    HELEN,

I had another look at the WALKERs & nothing shows on the database so like Joy's I think they are probably Non-Con so like her let me know which registers you want me to search.

Bledlow
                    Thomas WILLIAMS s John/Rachel Bledlow Lab. b. 5/6/1832 bap. 29/7/1832
                    I noticed in passing that they named their first child John Tappin WILLIAMS

John WILLIAMS botp Rachel BATES sotp Banns 10/4/1830
                    Wit: Joshua BATES George BATES Martha WHITE Mary GIBBS John & George made their marks.

John WILLIAMS s John/Sarah of Towersey b. 7/12/1793 bap 25/12/1793

John WILLIAMS of Towersey Sarah TAPPING of Bledlow Licence 10/4/1792
                    Wit: James IRVING John ???? Sarah made her mark

Sarah TAPPIN d Joseph/Latitia 19/3/1769

Banns for Joseph TAPPIN & Latitia BECKLEY of Princes Risboro' 1767

Joseph TAPPIN s Richard/Elizabeth 27/7/1746

Richard TAPPIN botp(don't think it said that) Elizabeth JOHNSON Banns 2/2/1741 N/S

Princes Risboro'

Joseph TAPPIN of Bledlow Laetitia BECKLEY Banns 6/7/1767
                    Wit: Thomas & Elisabeth STRATTON Only wits signed.

The database shows a John WILLIAMS born at Towersey in 1766 but those records have been transferred to Oxford.

Rachel BATES is not on the database.
                    Glen

Comment

• Simmonds/Simmons

Glen.

Joseph and Rebecca's children were Eliza Ann, Charles, Jane, Joseph, Thomas, Henry, Wiliam, Elizabeth and Benjamin. I think they were all born In Iver [census information], Benjamin, the youngest, abt. 1829. By 1841 they were in Camberwell, Surrey. Joseph Simmonds gives his occupation as working in customs' Hall [Thomas' marriage cert.].

Thanks for your interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                        JOY,

There is no sign of baptisms for Jesse or Sophia in the database which leads me to believe they are Non-Con.

The Bucks RO site has a list of Non-Con Registers so let me know where you'd like me to look.

The good news is that I believe I have found John NEWTON & he definitely didn't make it to the GRO Index but Wycombe should have him.

Hazlemere Buried
                        John NEWTON Widmer End 7? 28/6/1902 The ? is a big splodge but I think it's him. Also:
                        Ellen NEWTON Widmer End 38 29/9/1909
                        Wife of son William I believe.

Would you mind, please, looking in
                        Princes Risborough Baptist Church, Upper Chapel
                        Princes Risborough Baptist Church, Speen.
                        Thank you.

Glen, you are a wonder! Thank you very much.
                        I shall write off to the superintendent registrar who has been very helpful to me before with my ancestral family.

Yes, Ellen died 1909 at 38 years of age. Registered September qr Wycombe district.
                        Last edited by Joy Dean; 02-09-09, 21:05.
                        Joy

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                          HELEN,

I had another look at the WALKERs & nothing shows on the database so like Joy's I think they are probably Non-Con so like her let me know which registers you want me to search.
                          Glen

You are amazing, thank you for all the Williams info.
                          Will have a think about the Walkers and non conformists and let you know.

Can you let me know whereabouts in the Bucks RO to find the "magic" database? Haven't used it before, have only used the microfiche/film records.

Many thanks again,
                          Helen

Comment

Glen

Can you let me know whereabouts in the Bucks RO to find the "magic" database? Haven't used it before, have only used the microfiche/film records.

Many thanks again,
                            Helen
                            It's a database constructed by the Bucks FHS, only available on one computer (next to reader 24) but apparently the BFHS is in the RO on Tuesdays & will give access to info. not yet uploaded to the database.

To make best use of it, you need to hop on & off but I had to wait 2 hours for a chance yesterday. It is good but I still have to come to grips with the parameters to use when searching. Too narrow & things are missed; too wide & it takes forever to search through.
                            Glen

Comment

• Glen can I please ask for baptisms of children of James and Ann Bishop, probably in Woburn. You found Mary for me in 1818.

I have found a submitted marriage for James Bishop to Ann North 15/11/1810 Woburn, can you check that this is correct please?
                              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                                Glen can I please ask for baptisms of children of James and Ann Bishop, probably in Woburn. You found Mary for me in 1818.

I have found a submitted marriage for James Bishop to Ann North 15/11/1810 Woburn, can you check that this is correct please?
                                Will do Wendy.
                                Glen

Comment

• If you get any spare time on one of your visits, I'd be very grateful if you'd have a look for a couple of baptisms and a burial for me.

My ancestors William and Ann Haines/Haynes had a removal order from Berkshire to Stoke Poges in October 1824. They had at least two children after their resettlement - Hannah born c1824/5 and Harriet born c1830/1 - places of birth are always given as Langley (Marish), Bucks and Stoke Poges respectively. William died before 1836 when Ann remarried in Bray. I have a possible burial in New Windsor for him but wondered if he was actually buried in Stoke Poges.

Thanks in advance
                                  Asa

Comment

• Ok thanks

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                                    JEBBO,

Sorry, getting carried away with myself. The date didn't register until I was about to do it. Obviously in Bucks I only have access to the NPC which starts in 1858.

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
                                    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
                                    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

• Originally posted by Asa View Post
                                      If you get any spare time on one of your visits, I'd be very grateful if you'd have a look for a couple of baptisms and a burial for me.

My ancestors William and Ann Haines/Haynes had a removal order from Berkshire to Stoke Poges in October 1824. They had at least two children after their resettlement - Hannah born c1824/5 and Harriet born c1830/1 - places of birth are always given as Langley (Marish), Bucks and Stoke Poges respectively. William died before 1836 when Ann remarried in Bray. I have a possible burial in New Windsor for him but wondered if he was actually buried in Stoke Poges.

Thanks in advance
                                      I'll check those out for you Asa.
                                      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by fmandcsb View Post
                                        Glen.

Joseph and Rebecca's children were Eliza Ann, Charles, Jane, Joseph, Thomas, Henry, Wiliam, Elizabeth and Benjamin. I think they were all born In Iver [census information], Benjamin, the youngest, abt. 1829. By 1841 they were in Camberwell, Surrey. Joseph Simmonds gives his occupation as working in customs' Hall [Thomas' marriage cert.].

Thanks for your interest.
                                        I had another look for your SIMMONDS (all variations) & spread the net wider. There was a marriage for a Joseph in Penn in 1812 but this was to a Mary. Sorry
                                        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                                          Would you mind, please, looking in
                                          Princes Risborough Baptist Church, Upper Chapel
                                          Princes Risborough Baptist Church, Speen.
                                          Thank you.
                                          The Upper Chapel records don't start until 1804 but I had a look anyway & there were some families doing a job lot at the beginning but not yours.

Speen isn't on film & I didn't have my CARN ticket with me so I couldn't visit the Archives. I'll go in next week but that doesn't look very promising either as the records don't start until 1813.
                                          Glen

Comment

Working...
                                          X