Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
    Wendy,

Is your Zachariah related to Jac's Thomas?
    Yes they are brothers.:D:D
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Tom,

Could have sworn I'd answered you but obviously didn't post it.

Will do those for you & I think it's Langley Marish.
      Glen

Comment

Hi Thomas would have been born 1812/1816 accouding to the census
        Zachariah in the same period they also had another brother Joseph.probably in Burnham.Their father Nathaniel m Mary Newel 1809 info I have says Hitcham
        These are the children I have for Thomas and Hannah
        Mary Ann Chr, 1833
        Rebecca - 1835
        Charlotte - 1837
        James - 1839
        Jane - 1840
        Nathaniel - 1842
        Hannah - 1846
        Benjamin - 1848
        Sarah Ann - 1850
        Amelia Mary- 1857 all christened in Colnbrook which is why I thought the marriage might be there.Possibly two marriages
        Should add Pusey/Puzey/Puzzey/Puzzy/Pizey/Pizzey are all spelling variations I have found
        Last edited by Jac; 25-08-09, 03:09.

Comment

No sign of a marriage in Wooburn or the Index.
          However baptised:
          Julius s. John/Mary 23/12/1806

His parents:
          John SPENCER Wotp Mary REYNOLDS Sotp Banns 8/6/1806
          Wit: Edward ARIES? Robert GLENISTER Only Robert signed.

However when John married his first wife Ann STONEWELL by Banns 13/5/1798, he signed his name as did witnesses Daniel HARDING & William ?

No John SPENCER baptism there.
          I wonder if you could help me again please Glen!

Did Julius have any siblings baptised in Wooburn?

I have tried to find Mary Reynolds on the IGI but the only one that came up was born in Newton Blossomville which is miles away. I know this may be a possibility but could you see if she was baptised in Wooburn?

Many thanks

Comment

Jac,

I'll look at Hitcham for the marriage.

The first two children were PIZEY & the rest were PUZEY.

Have you found Jane anywhere other than on the 1851 Census? I don't think she exists -she should have been James as he isn't there. Also there is no baptism for a Jane.

In addition Louisa 22/5/1853.

Were the RIDDLEs related or just friends?

I also have marriages for Charlotte & Hannah if you don't have them already.
            Glen

Comment

Frazzled,

I remember seeing some, not sure if they were full or half but I'll check.

Will also look for Mary REYNOLDS.
              Glen

Comment

Wendy,

Do you have Mary BISHOP's baptism?
                Glen

Comment

Wendy,

Do you have Mary BISHOP's baptism?

No Glen I don't.
                  Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Wendy,

As she seems pretty consistent with Wooburn as her birthplace I'll look there. If I'm successful, do you want me to look for her parent's marriage etc?
                    Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen I would appreciate the marriages for Charlotte and Hannah. Will go back and check my notes on Jane/James Thanks for all the help you are giving. Jac

Edited to add I have a death for Jane 1842 Q4 Eton 6 234 so you are right she wasn't around long haven't found a Christening yet. Jane was born Dec qtr 1839.Just wish I could find that parents marriage. Again many thanks for your help.
                      Last edited by Jac; 26-08-09, 03:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                        Edward Picton was christened in Great Kimble, 27 May 1764. He married Elizabeth Wells in Great Kimble, 18 May 1791.

If you can see Mary and baby Isaac, that would be brilliant, thank you.

Fanny Newton was born in Summerleys, Princes Risborough 15 September 1847. Fanny died 15 February 1866 in Princes Risborough, at 18 years of age. Cause of death: 'Inflammation with Spinal Affection', she was age 18, daughter of William Newton, Farm Labourer.
                        Could you kindly look for a burial for her, too, please?

James Newell was christened in West Wycombe, 16 June 1822. Parents: John and Sarah Newell. He married Anne Newton in Princes Risborough, 22 October 1849. James Newell, bachelor of Bledlow, labourer; father John Newell, labourer. Ann Newton, spinster of Summerleys; father William Newton, labourer. Anne was born in Princes Risborough 1 June 1827.
                        I have lost Anne after 1881 when they were in Hughenden - perhaps you could keep her in mind in case her name jumps out at you? :-)

Many thanks.
                        JOY

As Mary died at Widmer End, I thought I'd take a look at Hazlemere which is the nearest church and:
                        Mary NEWTON Hazlemere Widmer End 61 18/2/ 1901
                        Isaac NEWTON Widmer End 4mths 9/12/1875

Completely forgot to have a look for John there. Will try to remember next week.

Princes Risboro'
                        Fanny NEWTON Town 18 19/2/1866

In 1891 Ann NEWELL (NOWELL) is living with her daughter Eliza SUMMERS in Chepping Wycombe.
                        Last edited by Oakum Picker; 26-08-09, 18:01. Reason: Additional info.
                        Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Tom View Post
                          Hi Glen,

Would you be able to look at the following marriage and get me a transcript please?
                          Edward Arnold married Ann Ward 2th June 1789, Langley Marsh.

Also, the marriage of Edward Arnold to Ann in about 1824, probably in Eton but maybe in Langley Marsh.

Hope this is OK.

Thanks again,
                          Tom
                          TOM

Langley Marish
                          Edward ARNOLD otp Ann WARD otp Licence 24/6/1789
                          Wit:Mary JACOBS The other looked like WEBLAND -All made a mark.

There was no marriage for the younger Edward in L M or Eton & nothing on the marriage database either.
                          Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Peppie View Post
                            Lovel Jubbly! thts very sweet of you
                            PEPPIE

I know I volunteered to do it but going through a whole film is a big task so I keep leaving it to the end & then I don't have time to do much. I can confirm:

Waddesdon
                            Amelia SAUNDERS Joseph/Martha 26/5/1811

Give me something specific again Peppie - you'll probably get more from me.
                            Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Helen in Bucks View Post
                              Glen, bit cheeky I know and please do say if this is too much, but another Bucks query for you if you have time.

Elizabeth WALKER born Princes Risborough (some censuses say Park Field which was a part of P Ris) approx. 1834
                              mother Mary UNKNOWN, from 1841 census, widowed on this census
                              father James WALKER, from Elizabeth's marriage cert

would like to find a baptism for Elizabeth to confirm parents' names
                              and also a marriage for the parents

Elizabeth's siblings from census (in case this helps): Ann 1832, William 1834, George 1835, John 1840, on the 1841 census there is also a Solomon WALKER age 22 who I guess could be a younger brother of James?

many thanks

Helen
                              HELEN

Thought yours would be straightforward so didn't do any background work on it & now I'm completely confused.

There was an Elizabeth born 1830 to Joseph/Mary & nothing for the other names & years you mentioned.

I found Solomon but he had different parents from the James that I found.

There was a marriage in 1831 between James WALKER & Mary LACEY which I then omitted to record the date of.

I'll have another look next week.
                              Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Frazzled View Post
                                I wonder if you could help me again please Glen!

Did Julius have any siblings baptised in Wooburn?

I have tried to find Mary Reynolds on the IGI but the only one that came up was born in Newton Blossomville which is miles away. I know this may be a possibility but could you see if she was baptised in Wooburn?

Many thanks
                                FRAZZLED

Julius had 2 full siblings & 2 half, only one of whom survived.

William Henry John/Mary 30/4/1809
                                Mary Anne John/Mary 20/12/1812 bur. 3/1/1814 Aged 1
                                William Henry John/Ann 24/6/1798 bur. 5/7/1798
                                Elizabeth John/Ann 29/3/1801 bur. 12/4/1801

Strangely no burial for 1st wife Ann.
                                Richard 62 3/12/1804
                                Mary 42 4/12/1805
                                Mary 73 25/12/1843

No sign of Mary REYNOLDS.
                                Glen

Comment

Thank you so much Glen. Just a guess but it looks like John's father may have been called William. Will have another search on the IGI around the Wooburn area.

Thank you again for your time.

Comment

JAC & WENDY

A lot of this is for both of you so I'll just post it once.

Burnham

PIZZEY Thomas Nathaniel/Mary Burnham Lane Lab 8/8/1813
                                    PIZZEY Zachary Nathaniel/Mary Dropmore Lane Lab 6/8/1815
                                    PIZZEY Fanny Nathaniel/Mary Burnham Lane Lab 14/12/1817.

As far as I can tell they did not baptise a Joseph but in the same register the following PIZZEY/PUSEY men married in the stated year were baptising children Thomas 1806, William 1809, Benjamin 1817 & Daniel 1819.

Hitcham

Nathaniel PIZEY botp Mary NEWELL sotp Banns 2/10/1809
                                    Wit: George Pocock BUXTON Henry BAKER Only wits. signed.

Mary NEWELL William/Rachel 13/1/1793

William NEWELL otp Rachel SIMS otp Banns 21/7/1785
                                    Wit:Janice BAKER Richard COULTER Only wits. signed.

Will post rest after football.
                                    Glen

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                                      Thanks Glen.

Could I be greedy and ask for Zachariah's children's baptisms as well? Thought I had them all but seems I haven't.
                                      WENDY

Colnbrook All Zachariah/Mary L-Langley C-Colnbrook H-Horton

Elizabeth L Lab 21/12/1837
                                      Fanny L Lab 11/8/1839
                                      William John C Lab 14/2/1841
                                      Henry L Lab 29/5/1842
                                      John L Lab 18/2/1844
                                      George James L Lab 10/8/1845
                                      Edward Thomas H Lab 15/11/1846
                                      Mary Ann H Lab 7/1/1849
                                      Poor women -the first 7 kids in 9 years.

Wooburn

Mary BISHOP James/Ann Wooburn Moor Lab 5/4/1818
                                      Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Jac View Post
                                        Thanks Glen I would appreciate the marriages for Charlotte and Hannah. Will go back and check my notes on Jane/James Thanks for all the help you are giving. Jac

Edited to add I have a death for Jane 1842 Q4 Eton 6 234 so you are right she wasn't around long haven't found a Christening yet. Jane was born Dec qtr 1839.Just wish I could find that parents marriage. Again many thanks for your help.
                                        JAC

I don't think that Jane is yours. Do you have the family in 1841? I can't find them. If she's there I'll give in but the only place I've seen 'her' is in 1851 & James is missing. The gaps between children are 2+ yrs & she would have had to have been born about the same time as James. There is a baptism for James but not for Jane.

9/10/1859
                                        Henery WARDEN 23 B Lab Colnbrook John Lab
                                        Charlotte Frances PUZEY 23 Works at mill Colnbrook Thomas Lab
                                        Wit: John PUSEY Fanny RIDDLE Only Henery signed.

31/5/1868
                                        George GRAY 23 B Lab Colnbrook James Lab
                                        Hannah PUZEY 25 S Colnbrook Thomas Lab
                                        Wit: Benjamin PUZEY Fanny BAKER George & Hannah signed.

OK Forget what I said about Jane. It must be James that's fictitious - I must learn to read. I'll check the entry again next week.

I've now found Jane in 1841 & 1851 & I think she marries Henry CLARK in 1860
                                        Glen

Comment

Thanks heaps for all your help. Think you might be right about James.Obviously have the wrong death for Jane too.Must have been having a senior moment when I added that as a possible.Thanks again Jac

Comment

Working...
                                          X