Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
    Sorry folks, 'Life' intervened & I was unable to go to the RO this week. I am away for most of the next two weeks but if possible I'll fit a day in.
    Enjoy your break.
    Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by mike r
      I have another request for a look up next time you are in Suffolk if you don't mind.
      I have managed to trace Jasper Smith, born 1813, to Kettleburgh in Suffolk. if I am correct he had 2 sisters, Harriet and Hannah, and 2 brothers, William and David.
      If the above is right his parents were probably William* Smith and Harriet Clark. ( I cannot with any certainty find their birth or marriage dates.)
      Again if the above is correct William's* parents may be William**, born 1769 in Glemsford, and Mary. (surname unknown.) William's** (1769) parents may be John Smith and Rebecka Hawys.
      With Smith as a surname it may not be possible to positively confirm any of the above. There seem to be just too many with the same first names in this area of Suffolk. Still worth a try.

Many thanks in advance for anything you can find.
      Mike
      Mike,

I have transferred this to my Suffolk thread if you'd like to delete this at some point.
      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Holborn View Post
        Hi Glen,

Please can you lookup the marriage of James Rockle and Jane Rackstraw. According to Pallots 1798 at Wooburn, Bucks.

Regards,
        OH
        Wooburn
        James ROCKLE B Jane RAKESTRAW S Banns 11/3/1798
        Wit: Ambrose BALL Daniel HARDING James & Jane made their marks.

Another lookup please.

I have a birth registration for (Female) Bowles, Q4 1913, Wycombe, Bucks. Mothers maiden name Hutchings. I believe the parents names were Jeremiah and Sarah Ann Bowles of Great Marlow, Bucks. Can you search for the given name.

Other children were
        Rose Edith E, Robert and Dorothy Louisa, b Canterbury Kent.
        Emily Eliza, James Henry, Mary Adelaide, William E and George A Bowles. All born Great Marlow.

Regards,
        OH
        I noticed there was a death for the same quarter of a Female BOWLES however I did call up the register for 1910 - 1918.

There was only one baptism in there for Jeremiah & Sarah & that was a private baptism for William Edward 14/12/1914. Jeremiah was a labourer living at Dean St. There were a lot of other BOWLES families & also some ROCKELL/ALL.
        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by mike r View Post
          Hi again.
          I think I can confirm what you found regarding Robert and Hannah Bargus. They both appear on the 1841 census.
          Robert is in the Eton Union Workhouse age 75,which looks about right and Hannah age 65 is living with son Robert and his wife Emma in Datchet, Bucks.
          Both appear to have died in 1842 and were buried in Upton Cum Chalvey near Slough.
          If you are in Bucks. again would you kindly look to see if you can confirm I have the right couple.
          Many thanks
          Mike
          Upton-cum-Chalvey
          BARGES Robert Upton Union 76 11/2/1842
          BARGES Hannah Upton Union 71 23/1/1842
          Glen

Comment

For Melanie

Bucks deaths
            Hello,

Thanks in advance for your kindness and offer to do lookups.

I am looking for death records of two of my relatives, husband and wife Robert and Elizabeth Clifton. I have found them in the national civil registration index if that is helpful.

Deaths Sep 1847
            Clifton Robert Newport P 6 273

Deaths Sep 1869
            Clifton Elizabeth 81 Newport P. 3a 348

I expect they will both be living in Olney at the time of death. On the 1861 census Elizabeth is living with her daughter and son in law, John and Elizabeth Church, on High Street in Olney. I think the address will be the same for Robert Clifton's death.

Robert was born abt. 1785 and Elizabeth was born in 1788.

Please let me know if I can provide you with any other information.

Thanks,
            Melanie
            The only 1847 death in Olney was for a 34 year old Robert CLIFTON buried 18/8/1847. I searched the register through to 1900 & there were no other Roberts & no Elizabeths.

More puzzling, there is no sign of them in the Bucks Database. I thought I found a burial for Elizabeth in Weston Underwood which is close by but could find nothing in the register & then couldn't find it in the database either.
            Glen

Comment

Upton-cum-Chalvey
              BARGES Robert Upton Union 76 11/2/1842
              BARGES Hannah Upton Union 71 23/1/1842
              Seems Hannah was also sent to the workhouse just before she died. So sad.
              Many, many thanks.
              Mike

Comment

Wooburn
                James ROCKLE B Jane RAKESTRAW S Banns 11/3/1798
                Wit: Ambrose BALL Daniel HARDING James & Jane made their marks.

I noticed there was a death for the same quarter of a Female BOWLES however I did call up the register for 1910 - 1918.

There was only one baptism in there for Jeremiah & Sarah & that was a private baptism for William Edward 14/12/1914. Jeremiah was a labourer living at Dean St. There were a lot of other BOWLES families & also some ROCKELL/ALL.

Thanks for your help.
                http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

• Thanks very much for checking for Robert & Elizabeth Clifton, Glen.

Comment

• Glen, Are you still doing Bucks look-ups? If so I wonder if you could do something for me, please? It's an Assignment of a Mortgage in 1746, so I think it would be a matter of photographing a large sheet in several sections. If you are able to do this I'll let you have details (and the camera fee), if not don't worry, I'll post it on Requests.

scuda
                    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

• Hi Scuda,

I am still doing lookups but I don't want to get involved in anything where money changes hands - although I'm happy to do the odd 60p photocopy gratis. Anything more will just make life complicated, mine that is, sorry if that sounds selfish.
                      Glen

Comment

• Not selfish at all Glen. I'll see if I can arrange something else. On the other hand if you are ever going and know you will be using a camera anyway, perhaps you could bear this request in mind.

scuda
                        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

• It's unlikely as I don't actually have any Bucks ancestors but you never know.
                          Glen

Comment

• For Jeannie
                            Looking for James Brewerton c 1816 Tingewick
                            Hello,
                            I see that you offer lookups in Bucks. I am looking for the bapt of a James Brewerton c1816 only found on the 1841 though is still alive on daughters marriage cert in 1860.
                            I believe he is the son of John Brewerton 1780 and Sarah Hulme. They were married in Manchester in 1812 but many of their children were born in Tingewick, Bucks.
                            There are several Brewerton families in the area.
                            Would be very grateful if you could have a look for me.
                            Many thanks
                            Jeanie
                            Glen

Comment

• Hello,

I would like to look up birth records of my Gran's grandmother Elizabeth Mealing from High Wycombe. I have found what I think is a record of her marriage to Benjamin Arnold in London where her father is listed as John Mealing, High Wycombe, chairmaker. She was born in 1823 (or thereabouts). Someone on ancestry.com has a John Mealing of about the right age with many children born around this time but Elizabeth is not one of those children. I've sent her a question and hope she replies. Initially, I thought her name was Elizabeth Rogers because the census in 1841 has her living with Benjamin Arnold and a Daniel Rogers, listed as Benjamin's brother-in-law (Daniel is also from High Wycombe, also a chairmaker). I suppose, though, that he could be the husband of a sister?

Any advice or information about Elizabeth Mealing, 1823, from High Wycombe with a father named John and (potentially) a brother-in-law named Daniel Rogers would be greatly appreciated. I was very close to my Gran who would never have known her grandmother Elizabeth and would like to 'find' her.

thanks,
                              Susan

Comment

• Originally posted by serdmann View Post
                                Hello,

I would like to look up birth records of my Gran's grandmother Elizabeth Mealing from High Wycombe. I have found what I think is a record of her marriage to Benjamin Arnold in London where her father is listed as John Mealing, High Wycombe, chairmaker. She was born in 1823 (or thereabouts). Someone on ancestry.com has a John Mealing of about the right age with many children born around this time but Elizabeth is not one of those children. I've sent her a question and hope she replies. Initially, I thought her name was Elizabeth Rogers because the census in 1841 has her living with Benjamin Arnold and a Daniel Rogers, listed as Benjamin's brother-in-law (Daniel is also from High Wycombe, also a chairmaker). I suppose, though, that he could be the husband of a sister?

Any advice or information about Elizabeth Mealing, 1823, from High Wycombe with a father named John and (potentially) a brother-in-law named Daniel Rogers would be greatly appreciated. I was very close to my Gran who would never have known her grandmother Elizabeth and would like to 'find' her.

thanks,
                                Susan
                                I shan't be going into the RO again until the New Year but I'll certainly see what I can find when I do.
                                Glen

Comment

• Thank you very much. It's all a bit of a puzzle!

Susan

Comment

• Hi, I am Sandra Hossack Nee Pizzey, In my family tree I have a zachariah Pizzey who married Elizabeth Snowden in 1796, they were both born about 1771, I have found them in the 1841 census and have had some luck with parish records, but although Zachariah died in 1854 I could not find him in the 1851 census, also I have noticed that the family names were very similar to those in the Berkshire records for Pizzey/pusey, such as Thomas, Zachariah, Thomas, William Daniel, Benjmin. I fell sure there must be a connection with these two families but as on the 1841 census it gives no place of birth for Zachariah, and I can not locate him on the 1851 census so have no place of birth, I am unable to sort this out, my Pizzey family first appear in Alperton, Middlesex, (the Harrow area), under the Hendon registration district, I wondered if you have come across this family or any connections. Best wishes Sandra

William Pizzey
                                    1796 –

Daniel Pizzey
                                    1799 – 1871

Thomas Pizzey
                                    1801 –

Henry Pizzey
                                    1804 –

Comment

• Originally posted by sandra.hossack View Post
                                      Hi, I am Sandra Hossack Nee Pizzey, In my family tree I have a zachariah Pizzey who married Elizabeth Snowden in 1796, they were both born about 1771, I have found them in the 1841 census and have had some luck with parish records, but although Zachariah died in 1854 I could not find him in the 1851 census, also I have noticed that the family names were very similar to those in the Berkshire records for Pizzey/pusey, such as Thomas, Zachariah, Thomas, William Daniel, Benjmin. I fell sure there must be a connection with these two families but as on the 1841 census it gives no place of birth for Zachariah, and I can not locate him on the 1851 census so have no place of birth, I am unable to sort this out, my Pizzey family first appear in Alperton, Middlesex, (the Harrow area), under the Hendon registration district, I wondered if you have come across this family or any connections. Best wishes Sandra

William Pizzey
                                      1796 –

Daniel Pizzey
                                      1799 – 1871

Thomas Pizzey
                                      1801 –

Henry Pizzey
                                      1804 –
                                      Hi Sandra,

I'm a little confused. Are you asking for a lookup in Berkshire records as this thread is for Bucks?
                                      Glen

Comment

For Jeannie
                                        Looking for James Brewerton c 1816 Tingewick
                                        Hello,
                                        I see that you offer lookups in Bucks. I am looking for the bapt of a James Brewerton c1816 only found on the 1841 though is still alive on daughters marriage cert in 1860.
                                        I believe he is the son of John Brewerton 1780 and Sarah Hulme. They were married in Manchester in 1812 but many of their children were born in Tingewick, Bucks.
                                        There are several Brewerton families in the area.
                                        Would be very grateful if you could have a look for me.
                                        Many thanks
                                        Jeanie
                                        The film for baptisms 1813 - 1841 was damaged & only started at 1830 & the BT's were missing so I called up the original registers. Unfortunately there is no baptism for James in 1816. However the first child baptised by John & Sarah is Hannah in 1821 so any children born between the marriage & that date are likely to be baptised elsewhere. Somewhere other than Bucks as there is no sign of him on the database.

On Hannah's baptism John is a tailor but on John 1823, Tabbitha 1826 & Isaac 1829 he's a labourer.

John's baptism appears to be there, son Thomas/Mary 24/3/1780.
                                        Eliseus 1781 has the same parents but William 1783, Thomas 1785, Elizabeth 1786, Samuel 1788 & Benjamin 1790 have a mother Sarah. I couldn't see a burial for a Mary. Sarah was buried as wife 13/2/1794. Thomas aged 74 6/10/1828. A 6 yr old James was buried 28/9/1820 but no indication to his parentage.

All C19th entries were BREWERTON except for 1 BRUTON. All C18th entries were BRUERTON.
                                        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by serdmann View Post
                                          Hello,

thanks,
                                          Susan
                                          High Wycombe

Elizabeth MEALING d. John/Elizabeth 22/8/1821 Sorry didn't note father's occupation.
                                          Daniel ROGERS s. Samuel/Ann Lab. 14/6/1816

This looks like the marriage as baptisms in HW start in 1807.

Lt Missenden

John MALING botp Elizabeth HARDING s Banns 5/7/1806
                                          Wit: Cazia (sic) BATTIN Henry MALIN William HEARN Only William signed

High Wycombe

Daniel ROGERS botp Eliza STEVENS sotp Banns 25/3/1837
                                          Wit: William ROGERS Betsy ALLEN All signed

Samuel ROGERS otp Ann STEVENS otp Banns 29/10/1809
                                          Wit: W PIPER Mary DEAN Only PIPER signed

No obvious connection between the two families
                                          Glen

Comment

Working...
                                          X