No announcement yet.

Bucks RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you check two things for me, please?

A marriage between my William Newton and Mary Ray registered June qr 1866 Wycombe district, I would be 99% certain it would have been Princes Risborough parish church; that is where his second marriage took place, his first was at Monks Risborough - the marriage certificate to his second wife in 1856 stated he was a widower, a labourer, and his father was Edward Newton, labourer;
    and Mary's burial in 1872, registered Dec qr, age 84, hopefully Princes Risborough again

I know that William died 8 March 1874 in Wycombe Union Workhouse, Saunderton, and he was buried 12 March 1874 in Princes Risborough. Of Wycombe Union, age 75.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Joy Dean; 09-02-10, 10:54.
    Joy

Comment

• Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post
      Thanks Glen for trying. There is no rush. I had accepted I could no further back on that line, so it is a bonus if you do find him.

Afterthought: Wonder if he just put Buckingham on census as a short form for Buckinghamshire...
      I checked the census & it is Buckingham, Buckinghamshire but as he's giving this info. in London, he probably named the nearest large town that the enumerator may have heard of. As I said before there's no sign of him in Buckingham & the only one in Bucks about the right time is in Steeple Claydon, a couple of parishes away.
      John BUTCHER s. Joseph/Esther 25/12/1787.

Unfortunately the database has no marriage for Joseph & Esther.

Forgot to say I did check for a marriage &/or burial for John up to 1813 - nothing, which doesn't prove he is yours but at least leaves it as a possibility.
      His mother Esther was buried 7/8/1792.
      Last edited by Oakum Picker; 10-02-10, 17:47. Reason: More info.
      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by spitfire View Post
        Hi Oaken Picker

I am trying to find out about the marriage of my GGGG grandfather Thomas LINES who I believe married Ann FINNEY in about 1818-1820 in MARSWORTH in Buckinghamshire.

I think they had eleven children the eldest of which was born in 1820.

Anything you can unearth would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Terry
        Hi Terry,

Thomas LINES b Ann FENNEY s botp Banns 10/1/1820
        Wit: William LINES Robert BUSHALL Ann made her mark.
        Ann's name is written twice by someone else, once FENNEY & once FENNY but not FINNEY.

I didn't see any children's baptisms but I was all over the place; will check again next time but I see Ann was from Tring so they may havebeen done there.

Thomas LINES s. Thomas/Mary 23/2/1801

There was no marriage for Thomas & Mary but I see there is a suitable Thomas in Marsworth in 1841 with an Alice & he's not born in county. Being so close to Herts that's probably where you'll find him.
        On the database, in addition to the 1820 marriage there was one for 1806 which I didn't look at but now think it might be a second marriage to Alice for the older Thomas. I'll check that next time too.
        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Holborn View Post
          Please can you help.

Trying to find information and siblings of Henry Clark, born c1801 at Great Marlow. Farther was James Clark, Bargeman, mother possibly Ann. He married Eliza Rockall on 22 Aug 1824 at All Saints, Great Marlow. Henry and family moved to Lambeth, London around 1839

All Great Marlow and Ashenden Parish Records have been checked.

TIA
          The only Henry CLARKE in the database from that area was baptised 14/2/1802 at High Wycombe but his parents were John & Ann. There were several CLARKES having families there.
          Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
            I checked the census & it is Buckingham, Buckinghamshire but as he's giving this info. in London, he probably named the nearest large town that the enumerator may have heard of. As I said before there's no sign of him in Buckingham & the only one in Bucks about the right time is in Steeple Claydon, a couple of parishes away.
            John BUTCHER s. Joseph/Esther 25/12/1787.

Unfortunately the database has no marriage for Joseph & Esther.
            Many thanks for that Glen...it looks as though this is as far as can go. I will put this info down on my word doc about him as a possible link. At least, I know now he probably didn't come from Buckingham itself.
            Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 10-02-10, 21:15.
            Liz

Comment

• Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
              Could you check two things for me, please?

A marriage between my William Newton and Mary Ray registered June qr 1866 Wycombe district, I would be 99% certain it would have been Princes Risborough parish church; that is where his second marriage took place, his first was at Monks Risborough - the marriage certificate to his second wife in 1856 stated he was a widower, a labourer, and his father was Edward Newton, labourer;
              and Mary's burial in 1872, registered Dec qr, age 84, hopefully Princes Risborough again

I know that William died 8 March 1874 in Wycombe Union Workhouse, Saunderton, and he was buried 12 March 1874 in Princes Risborough. Of Wycombe Union, age 75.

Thank you.
              Hi Joy,

The marriage didn't take place in PR & doesn't appear on the database so possibly a Register Office do.

Mary NEWTON Culverston PR 84 6/10/1872
              Glen

Comment

• Thank you, Glen. I am very grateful.
                Joy

Comment

• Thanks Glen. The search goes on.
                  http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

• Thanks Glen.

Comment

• Hi Glen

Can you look something else up for me please.

From somewhere I cannot remember where I have a marriage between John Stevens and Rebecca Willis on 26 Sep 1813 at St Mary Witney, which I expect is somewhere near Wargrave where their son Aaron was born in about 1816. (Although on some censuses Aaron is referred to as Abraham). Do you have any details of John or Rebecca's parents or can you find the birth or Aaron or any siblings.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by spitfire View Post
                        Hi Glen

Can you look something else up for me please.

From somewhere I cannot remember where I have a marriage between John Stevens and Rebecca Willis on 26 Sep 1813 at St Mary Witney, which I expect is somewhere near Wargrave where their son Aaron was born in about 1816. (Although on some censuses Aaron is referred to as Abraham). Do you have any details of John or Rebecca's parents or can you find the birth or Aaron or any siblings.

Thank you
                        Sorry, no can do. Witney is in Oxon & Wargrave is in Berks & not very close to each other. There is a Whitley near Reading which is quite close to Wargrave.
                        Glen

Comment

Sorry, no can do. Witney is in Oxon & Wargrave is in Berks & not very close to each other. There is a Whitley near Reading which is quite close to Wargrave.
                          The census says Wargrave Bucks. Things seem to get more confusing. Thanks for the info anyway.

Comment

• Electoral Roll 1930s Look Up if Possible Please

Hi Glen

Thank you for all the help you've given me so far.

I wonder if I could ask if you would be able to do a few electoral roll look ups for me? These are in the archives section of the Bucks RO so not as easily accessible, so if its too much to ask please let me know.

We know very little about my late father-in-law's family as they were estranged from him and unfortunately we have no living relatives that we are in contact with.

We now have his WW2 service records, and when he joined the TA in 1937 he was living at 32 Mill Way, Aylesbury, his mother Mary Miller of the same address is given as next of kin.

If you are able to check the electoral rolls for 1937/38/39 (not sure there was one in 1939 due to the war) and for as many years before that as you are able for 32 Mill Way, that would be really helpful. We know that after the war the family were in Granville Street, but it is the period from 1918 when my later father-in-law was born in Birmingham until the start of WW2 that is a mystery, his younger sister was born in Aylesbury in 1921, so we assume the move happened then, but I guess searching backwards from what we know in 1937 would be the only way to trace them.

Mary Miller was born in 1889 and was married in 1910, so I assume she would have been eligible to vote both because she was married and over 30 years old.

Many thanks for your help.

Helen

Comment

• Glen, I sent an email to the register office who then forwarded it to Buckinghamshire county council; they have replied today:
                              "We have found the marriage entry for William NEWTON/Mary RAY in our register. They were married in Princes Risborough Upper Chapel 1866. There ages don’t quite match the ones you have given us by about 4 years".
                              Now I am not miserly - I have spent lots of money on certificates over the years :-) but I really just want to verify that she is my William's third wife. So would you mind checking, please, the information that I have been given?

Many, many thanks for all your help.

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                              Hi Joy,

The marriage didn't take place in PR & doesn't appear on the database so possibly a Register Office do.

Mary NEWTON Culverston PR 84 6/10/1872

Originally Posted by Joy Dean
                              Could you check two things for me, please?

Thank you.
                              Joy

Comment

• Helen,

I'll do what I can but may spread it over a couple of visits.

Joy,

Forgot about the non-cons; only looked at St Mary's & of course non-cons aren't on the database. Will check it out.
                                Glen

Comment

Joy,

Forgot about the non-cons; only looked at St Mary's & of course non-cons aren't on the database. Will check it out.

Thank you very much.
                                  Joy

Comment

• Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                                    Glen, I sent an email to the register office who then forwarded it to Buckinghamshire county council; they have replied today:
                                    "We have found the marriage entry for William NEWTON/Mary RAY in our register. They were married in Princes Risborough Upper Chapel 1866. There ages don’t quite match the ones you have given us by about 4 years".
                                    Now I am not miserly - I have spent lots of money on certificates over the years :-) but I really just want to verify that she is my William's third wife. So would you mind checking, please, the information that I have been given?
                                    Hi Joy,

Below is correspondence between myself & the RO. I guess that means the register is still at the chapel. If you can find out if that is so & when they are open etc., I'll go & take a look as I play tennis near PR.

RE: Princes Risborough Upper Chapel
                                    From: "Liggett, Caroline" <cliggett@buckscc.gov.uk>Add

Hallo Glen,

I'm afraid that there is no marriage register for the Risborough Baptist church in the Archives for the early date of 1866.There is a microfilm for the births 1804-1954 and a register for the burials 1860-1954. Also there has recently been deposited a marriage register for Bell Street chapel in the town, dating from 1982 - 2004.

Regards
                                    Caroline Liggett.

Sent: Thursday 18 February 2010 14:13
                                    To: Liggett, Caroline
                                    Subject: Princes Risborough Upper Chapel

Hi Caroline,

You kindly answered a question for me a few days ago & I have another. I know you have records for the above but have the marriages for 1866 been filmed?
                                    Thanks.

Glen Hickson.
                                    Glen

Comment

• Thank you, Glen. I have just sent a message through contact us in here http://www.online3.church123.com/pri...ch/welcome.htm
                                      Joy

Comment

• Thanks, Glen, anything at all you can do is much appreciated as always. Helen

Comment

Hi Joy,

Below is correspondence between myself & the RO. I guess that means the register is still at the chapel. If you can find out if that is so & when they are open etc., I'll go & take a look as I play tennis near PR.

RE: Princes Risborough Upper Chapel
                                          From: "Liggett, Caroline" <cliggett@buckscc.gov.uk>Add

Hallo Glen,

I'm afraid that there is no marriage register for the Risborough Baptist church in the Archives for the early date of 1866.There is a microfilm for the births 1804-1954 and a register for the burials 1860-1954. Also there has recently been deposited a marriage register for Bell Street chapel in the town, dating from 1982 - 2004.

Regards
                                          Caroline Liggett.

Sent: Thursday 18 February 2010 14:13
                                          To: Liggett, Caroline
                                          Subject: Princes Risborough Upper Chapel

Hi Caroline,

You kindly answered a question for me a few days ago & I have another. I know you have records for the above but have the marriages for 1866 been filmed?
                                          Thanks.

Glen Hickson.

Please do not worry any more about this. I greatly appreciate all the work that you have done. Thank you very much.

I emailed Buckinghamshire County Council again to ask if I could be told if the father of William was Edward, and it is not; his father's name is Henry.

You can forget about him now :-)
                                          Joy

Comment

Working...
                                          X