Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwynhughes View Post
    only answer is to order a bc to finf mother's name if given /
    I'm hoping her name is Alice. It will be interesting to see what address is given.
    Kat
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother, Cassandra Elizabeth Palmer 1861 to 1940

Comment

I feel it is something to do with this family, and once a mothers name is known we can found out more. It could be another of the sisters.

Ephraim Walter has many pages for army records on Ancestry:
      https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...793.1535224975

ephraim walter.JPG

ephraim walter2.JPG

only his 2 daughters are mentioned
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Yes and a pay deduction for them via "guardian of the poor - Henley Union" in 1915 ordered by magistrate at Henley for his legitimate children.
        Kat
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother, Cassandra Elizabeth Palmer 1861 to 1940

Comment

thank you all so much for your help , its an interesting family member , I have also sent off for the birth Cert, with GRO ,

AND COME BACK TO THIS THREAD WITH ANY DEVELOPEMENTS ...

regards Gwyn

Comment

certificate arrived - mother's name Emily Jane Blackall - Domestic Servant , no father's name ... address 124 West Hill , Henley on Thames , child name Alfred John Blackall , DOB - 21 May 1904 .

researched more on Emily Jane ...marriage to a William Green ...30 July 1916 .....death of Emily Jane 1966.....will now search for more details on Emily Jane ...thank you everyone for your help ...xx

Comment

ah I see she was one of Ephraims (B1885) daughter - that makes sense.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
              X