No announcement yet.

Marriage look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I looked at the census list for Joseph Henry Potts there are 3 together, 1901 and 1911 as you have

1891 has this chap from Durham in St Luke London

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

George Potts 42
    Elizabeth Potts 34
    Joseph H Potts 13
    Ada Potts 5
    Hannah Potts 3
    Thomas Potts 4/12
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

and thanks for the details for George , wouldn't have found that probably

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
        Still not coming up with a POTTS BRANCH* marriage with Jane having either surname. Grr!!
        ooh Galloway its Sarah Keen marrying a Potts I am looking for , sorry if I misled you.
        Jane Nixon was her Mother and I never have found a marriage for either

Comment

Have tried ancestry version of GRO for any Joseph Henry or Henry Joseph 1899 London but still no joy. Thought had found a mistranscription as KEAL but a check of actual GRO gives different mms.

Comment

The way the removal order is worded seemed to indicate George is not Sarah's son I thought.
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              ooh Galloway its Sarah Keen marrying a Potts I am looking for , sorry if I misled you.
              Jane Nixon was her Mother and I never have found a marriage for either
              Yep, I got that and had no joy so was trying to work out who the witness Jane Branchford was. Was she Sarah’s sister or sister in law. Going by not finding a Jane KEEN or similar with mms NIXON, I tried to see if she was Jane POTTS marrying a BRANCHFORD or Jane BRANCHFORD marrying a POTTS. No joy either way.

Comment

Did you miss my post #17 ?

Comment

I was thinking if he is not Sarah's son, would he have Keen in the surname?
                  Elaine

Comment

I seem to have found Joseph Potts senior on 2 1901 census records?? going to have a little rest getting boggleyed

Comment

Yes thanks I did thank you for the record of George Thomas Potts Keen, on post 22 probably cross posted

Jane Branchflower is Sarah's Sister Jane Keen

Comment

The image shows BRANCHFORD not BRANCHFLOWER. No wonder I came up with zilch. Time to rest the eyes methinks LOL

Comment

here is a marriage - Jane Keen to William Edward Blanchflower

I think you have this though
                          5 Aug 1878

I think wrong also!

I am confused with flowers and fords too
                          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-09-19, 22:28.
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Not really helping find the marriage, and think I am off on a tangent here!

Census for 1861 for Samuel Keen with Jane Nixon and daughter Jane Nixon lodging, is it even right for you?
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Here is another Marriage

Alice Keen - daughter of Samuel, witness William Blanchflower

off to bed now...
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

yes that 1861 census is my Jane Nixon, I do have all the census records for her, its just the marriage to a Samuel Edward Keen I've not found.
                                I also have all the info I need on Sarah's siblings, its just her marriage to a Joseph Potts I am looking for.

Thanks everybody

Comment

Nope. Have now trawled through everything I can think of on FMP and nothing for Sarah Keen or variant to Joseph Potts or variant. I think it’s highly likely they never actually married. Off the bed now before I end up comatose on the sofa LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                                    I think is first child George from GRO as listed in the image in post#7

KEEN, GEORGE THOMAS POTTS -
                                    GRO Reference: 1900 M Quarter in POPLAR Volume 01C Page 586
                                    There is a baptism at St Mark, Bow:
                                    10 Jan 1900 (born 26 Dec 1899) George Thomas s/o Sarah Keen, 736 Old Ford Road

ADDED: Reading the Removal Order, all of Sarah's children were illegitimate, as has been mentioned earlier, so Val, you wont find a marriage.
                                    Last edited by teasie; 29-09-19, 11:24.

Comment

Thanks very much everybody for solving a long puzzle.
                                      I hadn't realised all her children were illegitimate , thought it was just the first couple ,so thanks for that Teasie.
                                      Wonder if Joseph helped her then, why have all those children with no support.

Comment

Joseph was the father, they just weren't married.

Comment

I thought I had found him with a wife?? will look into it more thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                          X