No announcement yet.

Help needed to read name in Will please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Louisa Louis's first wife? Sorry, not looked at the census entries. If she is, then couldn't she have died in Australia?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes, she was.

I was going to say "I hope so" but that sounds unkind!

Seems a little odd though.....if Louis was married and living in Brighton area in 1851 and Charlotte Killik was in Hammersmith....then Louis went off to Oz where his wife died....did Charlotte rush out to Australia when she heard his wife had died?

Comment

Are Victoria BMD's available?

Comment

I think those are the ones where you have to give a credit card number before you can even search the indexes, aren't they? Maybe we should let Katarzyna take it from here...!
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

lol!! Yes, OK!

Comment

Yes, but you have to pay 99cents (a not very huge sum!) to view a page of results.

I picked this from the Australia-Victoria page in the Wiki ('cos I'm not at home to use my Favourites):
              Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages - Births Deaths and Marriages Online Shop - Births Deaths and Marriages Online Shop
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

WOW you have been busy.

Thanks so much. I wanted to get onto Times Archives Online to have a look for a marriage but have just re registered cos' it wouldn't accept my pin.

She was the youngest daughter of Stephen Killick.

Oh this is great thank you all so much.I will update you Kate if I find anything juicy LOL.

Oh ***** I have to go and cook the dinner and I'm desperate to sort all this lot out:(:D
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Working...
                X