Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    or William John Parker 1878 Holborn to Emma Susan Coleman
    I checked that marriage Val & she married a George Stevens.
    Moggie

Comment

night Moggie I give up for now

Comment

I am still bashing my head against brick walls with this but I have just ordered Walters birth cert so hoefully that will give a new lead, cross your fingers!!

Comment

it should at least give the mothers maiden name so let us know when it arrives, did you get my email about Williams burial?

Comment

Yes I did thanks Val, Im now wondering if there are any other records from Mile End Infirmary, that may give us a clue where he came from! Its a bit odd for a 10 year old to be living so far away from where he was born on his own? Wondering if his Dad was maybe at sea with Eliza Georges husband?? All random thoughts I know!

Comment

Think I have found his Baptism ?
              1861 he is living with a George family we think ?
              I did find a marriage in Mile End Jun quarter 1871 for a William Barker and a Emma Munday George
              Just found a baptism for a William Parkes? maybe mistranscribed with a Father Richard Munday Parkes ,thats mistranscribed too I think and Mother Mary

William Parkes
              Birth date 10 Feb ?
              Baptism year 1850
              Baptism date 10 Mar 1850
              Place Dover, St Mary the Virgin
              Father's first name(s) Richard Mundry
              Mother's first name(s) Mary
              County Kent
              Country England

what do you think I have not checked that Emma Munday George yet so not definite but a good chance
              Last edited by Guest; 02-02-16, 14:12.

Comment

Just found a Dover census for this family going to see if thats miss transcribed!

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                  William John Parker married Anne Amelia Haynes. The marriage is on Ancestry.

Moggie
                  Sorry - didn't see that.
                  Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    Think I have found his Baptism ?
                    1861 he is living with a George family we think ?
                    I did find a marriage in Mile End Jun quarter 1871 for a William Barker and a Emma Munday George
                    Just found a baptism for a William Parkes? maybe mistranscribed with a Father Richard Munday Parkes ,thats mistranscribed too I think and Mother Mary

William Parkes
                    Birth date 10 Feb ?
                    Baptism year 1850
                    Baptism date 10 Mar 1850
                    Place Dover, St Mary the Virgin
                    Father's first name(s) Richard Mundry
                    Mother's first name(s) Mary
                    County Kent
                    Country England

what do you think I have not checked that Emma Munday George yet so not definite but a good chance
                    That looks a good find Val!
                    Margaret

Comment

The Parks were definitely "Parks" you can follow them by 1861 they are living in Stepney with no William though.

Comment

Wlliam is with the George family in 1861? isnt he ?

Comment

Yes Val he was, but surely Parks cant have been misstranscribed on all of the documents so either Parks was the original family name and its somehow got muddled or changed when William was with the Georges or its the wrong family?? Am I going complealty cuckoo or am I still making some sense! lol

Comment

could be William lied ? anyway shall stop now and wait for the birth cert dont forget to let us know

Comment

Ha Ha you don't know how many times i've said that today and then picked up the computer and said oh just one more look! Of course Ill let you know what it says!

Comment

Just found the baptism record of alfred in 1899 address is 22 Ocean Street so definitely the right 1901 census Val.
                                Last edited by KellySmith; 02-02-16, 19:50.

Comment

see I could not resist another look, slaps hand,

Comment

Got Walters Birth Cert and Emma's name before she married was Davis. Still can't find a marriage though:(
                                    They were living at 73 White Horse Lane which we new anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by KellySmith View Post
                                      Got Walters Birth Cert and Emma's name before she married was Davis. Still can't find a marriage though:(
                                      They were living at 73 White Horse Lane which we new anyway!
                                      I thought she might have been a Davis because of the 2 visitors named Davis with them in 1881. I found an Emma Davis in 1871, her year & place of birth fit with what she put down on later census but without a marriage how do you prove it. Maybe William was already married when he got together with Emma. My grandfather was already married when he hooked up with my grandmother about 1899 (birth of my aunt). In 1891, 6 years after the marriage his wife was living with someone else & she later went on to "marry" another man in 1907 while my grandfather was still very much alive.
                                      Moggie
                                      link to Emma Davis in 1871.

Comment

I was starting to think that, also the oldest two children are not baptised but the younger ones are which I thought was a bit odd. It's such a pain as I've got nowhere left to go with it now!

Comment

trying to read through this again which child was the eldest ??

Comment

Working...
                                          X