Can anybody find him anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    thanks for trying Chrissie beginning to think its a lost cause ? they are at 40 Nelson Street Mile End in 1891
    funny enough Daisy the youngest who was born 22 Mar 1891 at that address isn't with them ??
    You wont find her with Thomas in 1891 as Adam her Husband did not die till 1892
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=10729796
    Then as now census forms were delivered in advance, supposedly to be filled out on the census night but they could well have filled it in immediately then forgotten to add the new baby's name before the form was collected. Something similar happened in my family but in my case it led to my gt grandmother appearing as head of household on April 3 1881 despite having died the previous day :D
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

you have a point there Judith ,you hear people these days fill them in not knowing who will be there on that night .
      Thanks anyone that has tried to find them.

Comment

This is proving a tough one Val. I keep having to have a break because of confusion Not unusual these days
        No luck so far, not even a possibility to report I'm afraid.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks Chrissie dont worry I doubt anybody will find him ? is the confusion due to me wording it wrongly ???

Comment

No Val, it's probably due to too much food and trying to look in short doses before I'm called away for cooking duties again :D
            p.s. I haven't got world records either and I wonder if that was him emigrating. That wouldn't explain where he is in 1901 though.

Comment

just edited my search details could be confusing to anybody but me :D

Comment

If he is on 1901 Val he is very oddly mistranscribed. Oh, just had a thought, could he be in care or something under just his initial? Mind you, surely that would have come under my various searches.
                Off to get the lunch again now.

Comment

thanks for trying Chrissie I have to go out soon so dont think I am ignoring anybody.

Comment

val, if that emily's twins died in 1894, how can that be the same thomas mentioned in the barnados report in 1899? she must had another surviving child around 1896.

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you mean Kyle? There were several Muller children who would have been half siblings to Thomas. Why do you think one must have been born around 1896?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                        val, if that emily's twins died in 1894, how can that be the same thomas mentioned in the barnados report in 1899? she must had another surviving child around 1896.
                        Kyle, as Val said in her first post the twins who died were two girls born and baptised in 1894, and Thomas Henry appears to be their younger brother born 30 Dec 1895
                        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

With regard to her death Val. Do you think that if she never actually remarried she could have died under the name Muller? There is one possibility born c1855 who died in Brighton in Jan-March 1928, listed as 73.
                          p.s. Sorry - I mean Emily Muller of course - oops.
                          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 26-12-11, 18:12.

Comment

Kyle I doubt that Dr Barnados would have know about the twins as they died so soon after birth, hence they only mention this Thomas.
                            Chrissie thanks for trying but If thats her in 1928 where is she in 1901 and 1911 ? But this has been mentioned before and I as now have some xmas money might just send for that one.
                            I am now trying a different strategy looking for Baptisms for children with the surname Gosnell born abt the same period then checking to see if any of them have a Dock Labourer for a Father , should resurface sometime in the New Year.

Comment

in Whitechapel
                              found this but no surnames
                              Thomas ?
                              Emily?
                              Thomas?
                              ?
                              ?

wonder if thats them

Comment

even better a
                                Thomas Henry Goswell Dock Labourer ?????????? seems pretty reasonable??? he never married Emily but was already married
                                Do hope the Cert is my Emily shall feel a right idiot otherwise.

Comment

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx...=&pid=17599874
                                  in Whitechapel
                                  Thomas ?
                                  Emily?
                                  Thomas?
                                  ?
                                  ?

wonder if thats them
                                  Might be worth seeing if there is an electoral roll entry for that address which might confirm the census entry for the head of the household at least.

Margaret

Comment

I can't understand it, I can look at the second link ok but when I try to look at the first link it keeps asking me to subscribe but it's only a London link isn't it, not world!! That second link looks a very good bet for him being married but it crossed my mind that the first one (without seeing it) could possibly be him with Emily too, pretending to be married perhaps?

p.s. Re that death cert. Perhaps it would be an idea to hold fire until we have had time to look for her death under the other possible names first?

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                      Oh yes, I remember now you've posted the photos.

I wondered about their married names because the Thomas who emigrated in 1922 was going to join a Mrs Porteous, and I thought it might be one of his sisters.
                                      maybe Emily married a Porteous?????

I did also note that on the Thomas Henry Gosnells emigration notes that he didnt intend to come back to the UK, (once he emigrated in 1922).
                                      Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx...=&pid=17599874
                                        in Whitechapel
                                        Thomas ?
                                        Emily?
                                        Thomas?
                                        ?
                                        ?

wonder if thats them
                                        its a possible Val, though I think that Ancestrys transcriptions of the other names on that page are well out!!.
                                        Julie
                                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

sorry Chrissie dont know how it happened but that was an Ancestry.com link

here is the image
                                          Thanks all suppose I should wait but I have itchy fingers.

can anybody read the address 5 Great ***** Buildings ?
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Guest; 27-12-11, 11:51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X