No announcement yet.

Clara's death - help UPDATE #626

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Val good idea. On the 1911 census he was aged 30 - a dock labourer and they were living at 37 Maitland Road. I will see if I can see anything

Steven

Comment

• You know what's a bit strange? Someone mentioned ages ago there was a death in Ilford in Essex for a Clara Kimber. Looking on Ancestry there is a marriage of a Clara Ward to someone Kimber in Stroud in 1941 and then her death is in Ilford in 1944. That appears a bit of a coincidence that forename, approx date of birth, place of death all quite similar. Worth a shot?

What do you think?

Steven

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
        You know what's a bit strange? Someone mentioned ages ago there was a death in Ilford in Essex for a Clara Kimber. Looking on Ancestry there is a marriage of a Clara Ward to someone Kimber in Stroud in 1941 and then her death is in Ilford in 1944. That appears a bit of a coincidence that forename, approx date of birth, place of death all quite similar. Worth a shot?

What do you think?

Steven

That was post #60 - one of my "way out" answers!!
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post
          Worth a shot?

What do you think?

Steven
          Probably not - the marriage in Stroud (Gloucestershire) was to a Norman E Kimber

The most likely death of someone fitting that name was in Sep 2001 - at the age of 83 in the reg district of Gloucester (also Gloucestershire) - his dob is given as 5th May 1918 - so unless Clara found herself a 'toy boy' - it doesn't seem likely - though this is only a 'gut feeling' response of course

Comment

• Sorry Herky I couldn't find who made the original post but thanks

Sue thanks it does look unlikely so thats saved me an order

Steven

Comment

• It was in a list I put up of "deaths of Clara ??? b1869 in Ilford". We discounted it at the time but maybe we should go back and see if there is a James Kimber as I have a feeling the name of Ward on 1911 is not correct.

I think possibly Clara did not remarry for a while because any help she was getting from the Brewery as compensation may have been dependent on her being a widow. State help for widows was also dependant on not remarrying.

I have just printed the list out to check them all out myself.

Margaret

Comment

• Here's the list again from post #2

Here's a list of all the Clara's born 1869 who died in Ilford
                Clara L Buttle abt 1869 Oct-Nov-Dec 1941 Ilford Essex <<<<<<<<<<< this one looks possible
                Clara E Garland abt 1869 Jan-Feb-Mar 1961 Ilford Essex
                Clara A Harris abt 1869 Jul-Aug-Sep 1959 Ilford Essex
                Clara Kimber abt 1869 Jul-Aug-Sep 1944 Ilford Essex
                Clara H Mcdonald abt 1869 Jan-Feb-Mar 1953 Ilford Essex
                Clara A Parcell abt 1869 Apr-May-Jun 1942 Ilford Essex
                Clara C Townsend abt 1869 Jan-Feb-Mar 1962 Ilford Essex

Margaret

Comment

• Steve, Can you give the reference for the 1911 for Clara please?

I can't see anyone with husband James in West Ham or thereabouts and the only one I found was a widow with a son Alfred age 12 and she has said that she had 5 children 3 still alive.

Margaret

Comment

• This probably the Clara Kimber who died in Ilford in 1944 from the 1911

KIMBER, William Charles Head Married M 37 1874 Sergeant Hants Owslebury
                    KIMBER, Clara Wife Married 13 years F 41 1870 Hants Sparshot
                    KIMBER, Dorothy Alice Daughter F 11 1900 School Essex West Ham
                    KIMBER, Charles Son M 8 1903 Essex West Ham
                    KIMBER, George Father Widower M 67 1844 Gardener Domestic Hants Crawley

RG14PN9729 RG78PN514B RD188 SD10 ED55 SN105

Address:
                    Oak Hill Lodge Oak Hill Walthamstow

Comment

• Here's Clara L Buttle

BUTTLE, George Head Married M 46 1865 Teacher West Ham Essex
                      BUTTLE, Clara Louisa Wife Married F 42 1869 Maidenhead Berkshire
                      BUTTLE, Lucy Millicent Clara Daughter Single F 14 1897 School East Ham Essex
                      SCHREER, Harriet Servant Single F 16 1895 General Servant Domestic Stamford Hill Middlesex

RG14PN9377 RG78PN506 RD188 SD2 ED4 SN170

Address:
                      133 Boleyn Road Forest Gate E

Comment

• And finally Clara A Parcell

PARCELL, Richard Head Married M 44 1867 Wood Sawyer Hertford
                        PARCELL, Clara Agnes Wife Married 18 years F 42 1869 St Pancras London
                        PARCELL, Phyllis Daughter F 12 1899 School Essex Stratford
                        PARCELL, Alan Son M 8 1903 Essex Stratford
                        PARCELL, Edith Daughter F 6 1905 Essex Stratford
                        MOORE, David Henry Visitor Married M 65 1846 Late Publican Hertford
                        MOORE, Eliza Charlotte Visitor Married 1 years F 66 1845 London Poplar

RG14PN9370 RG78PN505 RD188 SD1 ED29 SN14

Address:
                        15 Colegrave Road Stratford London E

Comment

• this is her in 1911 Margaret
                          RG14PN9409 RG78PN506 RD188 SD2 ED36 SN92

Comment

• Thanks Val.

Just had a look and the address is 27 Hartland Road not Maitland Road as Steve said up thread.

I also notice that on the cover of the form it started off as Mrs Ward being the head of the household and was then amended to be Mr by crossing out the 's' on Mrs.

Margaret

Comment

• Might be worth asking for details of the ER for Hartland Road - it's still there and comes under the London Borough of Newham here's the link for getting in touch with them http://www.newham.gov.uk/entertainme...ieslibrary.htm

My thoughts are that we start from the point where we know Clara was living and move forwards from there if we can. The ER might show a different name for James.

Margaret

Comment

• I still dont think thats his true name or that they married?

Comment

• Thanks Margaret for all your time and help today and thanks for summarising all the information and discounting some of he Clara's for me. I will email the link you gave me and see if I can find her on the er in 1911 and get back to you. I think that makes sense to try and get her listed somewhere and then see if any clues

Steven

Comment

• Maybe the children's surnames were obviously still Ward but Clara's name is different and that is why we can't find a death for a Ward. Is that all these Clara's discounted now Margaret? THANK YOU so much for doing this and helping me

I have emailed the libary for Hartland Road

Steven

Comment

• I think I have looked at all those for Ilford in the relevant years but I will see if I can see anything in surrounding areas.

Margaret

Comment

• Thanks Margaret does that mean that the big likelyhood is that she was known by another name or did marry in your opinion? Or die miles away from where I thought she died?

I am also thinking was Clara known by some other forename ie middle name Lilian or some random name like Doris as others in my family were !!!!

Steven

Comment

• Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                          this is her in 1911 Margaret
                                          RG14PN9409 RG78PN506 RD188 SD2 ED36 SN92
                                          Val

can you add the url link to it on ancestry please, i'm having a heck of a time trying to find it. ta
                                          Julie
                                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                          X