Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What became of this family? All suggestions welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is interesting that Catherine even made the papers.

All of the records seem to fit. Perhaps although the job the same living was better?
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 23-07-23, 13:52.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

That's ok Janet in Yorkshire just glad to have helped and found some useful information re Michael. it'll be interesting to see what they perished from.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

there is a death for a Charles Martin in 1888

Name Charles Martin
        Age 44
        Estimated Birth Year abt 1841
        Registration Quarter Apr-May-Jun
        Death Registration Place Gateshead, Durham, United Kingdom
        Death Date Jun 1885
        Inferred Death Place Durham, United Kingdom
        Volume 10a
        Page 506​

Though whether this is THE Charles Martin, not sure.
        Although you start off sayng 1888 I assume you mean 1885, per the actual record?

If so, then the address on the burial record was 36 Wylam Street, and there is a notice in the Berwick Advertiser 29 May 1885 "At 36 Wylam, Gateshead, on the 27th inst., Charles Martin, after a long and painful illness, employed in Leslies Yard, Hebburn, formerly of Berwick on Tweed"

So based on that I'd say its a different Charles Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post

Although you start off sayng 1888 I assume you mean 1885, per the actual record?

If so, then the address on the burial record was 36 Wylam Street, and there is a notice in the Berwick Advertiser 29 May 1885 "At 36 Wylam, Gateshead, on the 27th inst., Charles Martin, after a long and painful illness, employed in Leslies Yard, Hebburn, formerly of Berwick on Tweed"

I saw that article, but as the ages were so different, I assumed that they were not connected. Paper got the age wrong?
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

The article doesn't give an age?

In 1881 he's at 52 Wylam Street, Gateshead with wife Elizabeth (Proudfoot) and family. Charles Martin, Labourer, born c1841, Berwick.

His son (also named Charles) was born & died in 1883 at 62 Wylam Street, so the family seemed to move quite a bit but within the same street

Comment

doh, thought 36 was the age....now re read and it is the address!
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Darksecretz had spotted the one with Proudfoot earlier in thread, he keeps causing problems.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

is this him in 1911 https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...d=402499161386
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Possible remarriage

Name Charles Martin
                    Registration Year 1890
                    [1890]
                    Registration Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
                    Registration district Tynemouth
                    Inferred County Northumberland
                    Volume 10b
                    Page 358
                    Records on Page (Name)
                    James Clough
                    Ann Isabella Dalton
                    Mary Ann Harbottle
                    Charles Martin

census https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...ccessSource​
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                      I'd dismissed that man previously as in 1901 he has a 7-year-old daughter named Elizabeth, but he might actually be worth looking at again as there's an apparent connection back to Blyth:

1901 at 20, Laburnum Terrace, Hurst, Northumberland - RG13/4836/82/36

Charles Martin 57 Shifter in Coalmine born Bedlington, Northumberland
                      Ann J Martin 54 wife b Seghill, Northumberland
                      George Martin 19 son Waggon man in coalmine born Blyth, Northumberland
                      Elizabeth Martin 7 daughter born Blyth

Comment

I tried to find Elizabeth birth to get MMN but didn't.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

I cant find a suitable birth for her either, although I think George might have later used the name George McLean/McLane Martin

I think my transcription as Ann J Martin should actually be Ann I (as in the marriage between Charles Martin & Ann Isabella Dalton). Which then brings me to this:

1881 at 7 Skinners Lane, Workington, Cumberland
                          Thomas Dalton 33 Steel Moulder b Sebergham? Cumberland
                          Ann I Dalton 33 wife b Seghill, Northumberland
                          Mary A Dalton 9 daur b Wallsend, Northumberland
                          John A Dalton 7 son b Walker, Northumberland
                          Sarah J Dalton 1 daur b Workington, Cumberland

The children’s birth registrations show mmn as CROZIER, and Thomas Dalton married Annie Isabella Crozier in 1871, Tynemouth registration district.

Interesting that the Dalton family are also in Cumberland though, so perhaps this marriage is 'the' Charles Martin?

Comment

Originally posted by teasie View Post

Yes, sorry about that. Not sure where my head was at.
                            Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                            X