John Clements MIA 1881 UK Census.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

are these likely to be based in Hertfordshire?

there is this mention as a parent of Christopher Frank in Essex https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...=successSource
    sorry cbcarolyn I should have said Herbert Frank Clements, and yes they were all born in Weston Herts

ah vera2013 thank you that does sound really promising.

I'm afraid I made an error as I was confusing mothers!! Herbert Frank and Henry Noahs mother was Susan Elizabeth Barnes!... trust me to get in a right muddle with them!!.. feel like a pudding now! it was their father John that had the mother Catherine and father James!... I knew i'd get them muddled up...

to clarify, Herbert Frank and Henry Noah parents were John Clements and Susan Elizabeth Barnes, and John Clements parents were James Clements and Catherine Barns..
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

Can't see anything on Hubert Frank or Frank (his GRO Reg)

Can see Henry Noah
      Ancestry Navy Lists UK 1888-1970
      Royal Navy Reserve
      1921 and 1923 Index
      Henry N Mid ?? Shipman 01 September 1920
      EDIT not sure he is your man. Noah in the 1921 with mother recorded Elizabeth. Census taken June 1921. Noah Quarryman/Stone Getter

also, you may have this
      Ancestry WW1 Service Medals
      Henry N Clements
      Royal Engineers 196461 ?WR no 27874
      Roads and Quarries

Vera
      I can't see ANY GRO births for Herbert Frank either I guess he's got a weird spelling of the surname.

Julie

Comment

I was hoping that John Clements' record of the 1911 would have included his deafness in last column. According to the Army Record for John Clements he had a Scar over L eye. Wonder if that may be recorded elsewhere. Just pondering to find a link

Vera

Comment

I was hoping that John Clements' record of the 1911 would have included his deafness in last column. According to the Army Record for John Clements he had a Scar over L eye. Wonder if that may be recorded elsewhere. Just pondering to find a link

Vera
          mmm I was a bit disappointed that nothing was mentioned in the marriage about his military career.
          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

mmm I was a bit disappointed that nothing was mentioned in the marriage about his military career.
            Yes. Unusual. Although no longer a Regular Soldier at 7 April 1883, he was in the Reserves. However at the time of Attestation in 1877 his Occupation given as Labourer which is also on Marriage Cert

Wonder who the Witnesses are. William possibly Clements and Louisa Clements. Not immediate family of your John Clements EDIT Louisa is Sister of John b 1864

The NA have Muster Rolls for the 38th covering 1877-1880 but Research only

Vera
            Last edited by vera2013; 25-10-22, 07:57.

Comment

I can't see ANY GRO births for Herbert Frank either I guess he's got a weird spelling of the surname.
              He calls himself Frank in the 1911,1921 and 1939 so possibly the GRO 1886 Sep q Hitchin mm n Barnes.

Vera

Comment

He calls himself Frank in the 1911,1921 and 1939 so possibly the GRO 1886 Sep q Hitchin mm n Barnes.

Vera
                Thank you vera2013 I've been tying myself in knots looking at these flipping records, I start on one bit then get lured down a rabbit hole and go off on a tangent!...

Did we find out if any of Henry Noahs brothers was in the navy or not? [he was always known as Noah]
                Julie

Comment

Thank you vera2013 I've been tying myself in knots looking at these flipping records, I start on one bit then get lured down a rabbit hole and go off on a tangent!...

Did we find out if any of Henry Noahs brothers was in the navy or not? [he was always known as Noah]
                  Can only see one other brother of Henry Noah k/a Noah that is Hubert Frank also k/a Frank

Vera

Comment

Can only see one other brother of Henry Noah k/a Noah that is Hubert Frank also k/a Frank

Vera
                    'k thank you I'm flapping around the records like a demon... as well as a dog that is doing the hokey cokey.. in and out!!
                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                    X