No announcement yet.

Cornish brick wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that back then they knew enough about saving lives, just had not put it into practice. I am not sure we are much better these days, and still not good with water, I see that there is an ad on TV atm where they are telling you not to dive in after someone but call 999. Maybe we are not much better, but we are all better swimmers, and have odd lifebelts etc around.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

vera2013 & cbcarolyn

Sorry not been online for a while, Just picking this back up. But you've been busy!

so are we saying that Fanny Bird is Mary Ann's mother mother her 2nd marriage hence the bane change? And we've got Elson/Helson variants?? Just want to be clear before I tell the husband the good news...

And fascinating article on James W Ridds death. This family had so much tragedy but I'm finally starting to piece it together.
      Queenbee

Comment

i think so I can't remember! you can find the marriage on freeBMD so you could get the certificate
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by queenbee View Post
          vera2013 & cbcarolyn

Sorry not been online for a while, Just picking this back up. But you've been busy!

so are we saying that Fanny Bird is Mary Ann's mother mother her 2nd marriage hence the bane change? And we've got Elson/Helson variants?? Just want to be clear before I tell the husband the good news...

And fascinating article on James W Ridds death. This family had so much tragedy but I'm finally starting to piece it together.
          I Need to re-read but think Fanny/Frances Burd/Bird is the sister of Mary Ann Helson/Elson sister. See post 77.

Vera

Comment

Ah. I did wonder that too - hence my confusion! Wanted to make sure I was reading things right
            Queenbee

Comment

Originally posted by queenbee View Post
              Ah. I did wonder that too - hence my confusion! Wanted to make sure I was reading things right
              just re read, it was proving she was sister sharing fathers name Richard, who possibly remarried, I think it said
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

I'm not understanding the remarriage element, but the rest looks good to me! Found them on OPC
                Queenbee

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                  Dates of birth way out for this info on Mary Ann but parents died 1830/1838

Looking at 1851 of Maryann Helson with Fanny Burd
                  1851 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

Frances Bird living Southill, Cornwall
                  1861 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

Mary A Wilson also living in Southill with John Garrett

1861 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

On Cornwall OPC there are baps for

Fanny Helston Bap 24 Jan1819 Stoke Climsland
                  f Richard a Lab m Ann
                  Res Downgate

Mary Ann Helston bap 29 Dec 1821
                  f Richard, Lab m Ann
                  Res Stoke Village

Father Richard dies 1830
                  Mother Ann dies 1838
                  both b 1776
                  Possibly 2nd marriage

There was another child Mary b 1817 d 1820 Downgate

Vera
                  2nd marriage refers to parents of Fanny and Mary Ann Helston ie Richard and Ann. Did not detail that at the time. Will need a further search to identify which parent had 2nd marriage

Vera
                  Last edited by vera2013; 01-10-22, 12:12.

Comment

Working...
                  X