Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    Are you trying to link

Ralph clement/clemett harrison walker born nov 1901 sunderland with this clemett Harrison?
    https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...y-help-to-find
    not just him, but i have 9 males with the raplh clement/clemett harrison name. it maybe there isnt a link but seems very strange if hes not.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
      I can see Elizabeth Smith in 1881 b 1871 Sunderland with
      father Edward a Blacksmith
      mother Jane nee Cay b South Shields

Edward Smith parents
      ? father John Smith b 1820 probably Boldon, Durham altho later Census say Sunderland Blacksmith/Sawyer
      ? mother Mary Watson b 1821 Wallsend later Census say Sunderland

Jane Cay parents
      Father David a Shipwright b South Shields
      Mother Elizabeth Johnson b South Shields

No sign of Clement or Harrison surnames

Vera
      vera you may have well found the link as via johnson as i have a ralph clement harrison johnson. it hadnt occured to me it could be further back than i thought it maybe, i'm off to check ralph ch johnson parents siblings etc

think i'm going to need to spend more time on this one and go back through this whole lineage looking at siblings etc

Comment

Should be a Cay in there too then. Interesting.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Copy of marriage which is on FMP

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
          Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
          http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

good find was too tired to check, nice to dismiss.

so many George Walker deaths. I haven't traced any of the children either, who knew Walker was so popular! amazing that Ralph had 2 middle names and David had none.
            Should be a Cay in there too then. Interesting.

its like that with the other Ralph CH's siblings either have none or 1 name and then RCH has 2. It's strange, but guess thats people. lol. And the Cay is also under Kay and 1 of the sons has Kay as middle name.

i'm still no further forward on the Johnson link, except RCH Johnson had an aunt Elizabeth Johnson, but the dates are out by 15-16years for the one linked to this part.

This really is a major puzzle :(

Comment

The link Elaine posted is actually spelt with a K - so been transcribed wrongly.

Like you say it is a puzzle, all my families seem to conform to a pattern and yours seem all over the place, with varying amount of names and some surnames of the past!
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by yummy-mummy-amy View Post

its like that with the other Ralph CH's siblings either have none or 1 name and then RCH has 2. It's strange, but guess thats people. lol. And the Cay is also under Kay and 1 of the sons has Kay as middle name.

i'm still no further forward on the Johnson link, except RCH Johnson had an aunt Elizabeth Johnson, but the dates are out by 15-16years for the one linked to this part.

This really is a major puzzle :(
                I have Looked around as it's my neck of the woods. Yes doesn't help Cuy, Cay, Kay. Lots to be found especially Durham records on FMP but linking not so easy. Not much for Elizabeth Johnson. Can't see her in 1841 or in the 1851after marriage to David Kay/Cay. They married Nth Tyneside although b Sth Tyneside and settled Bishop Wearmouth Co Durham.

Was trying to link James D Johnson** who in 1871 has son Ralph C H with Elizabeth Johnson b 1827 who later married David Cay/Cuy/Kay
                ** Think he married twice 1st Mgt Chambers then Mary A

James/ James D b 1831 can be seen in 1841 living in Heworth at Heworth Shore with parents Thomas and Ann Johnson+ sibs.
                Same area there is an Elizabeth Johnson b 1827 in the 1841 at Heworth Shore. She is a Servant.

Thought they may have been sibs but perhaps not. James easy to follow. Not so Elizabeth. Looking at Elizabeth's later census records think she is the daughter of Jane and John Johnson, Mariner. However there is another Elizabeth Johnson b 1829 mother Jane father Peter a Mariner.

Could be James/James D and Elizabeth are Cousins but then need to look further back at father of

James/James D ie Thomas Johnson, a Mason b 1806+/-5 b Durham Co and
                John Johnson, Mariner ? dob
                However would two brothers have such different occupations??

Vera

Comment

The link Elaine posted is actually spelt with a K - so been transcribed wrongly.

Like you say it is a puzzle, all my families seem to conform to a pattern and yours seem all over the place, with varying amount of names and some surnames of the past!
                  the child's middle name is Kay with K, not cay, so not sure which variant is correct spelling.

this lot are driving me mad. i'm still sure that RCH is linked as its an unusal name to just copy from the family down the estate etc. and the fact there are 9 others in tree i'm sure hes mine.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

I have Looked around as it's my neck of the woods. Yes doesn't help Cuy, Cay, Kay. Lots to be found especially Durham records on FMP but linking not so easy. Not much for Elizabeth Johnson. Can't see her in 1841 or in the 1851after marriage to David Kay/Cay. They married Nth Tyneside although b Sth Tyneside and settled Bishop Wearmouth Co Durham.

Was trying to link James D Johnson** who in 1871 has son Ralph C H with Elizabeth Johnson b 1827 who later married David Cay/Cuy/Kay
                    ** Think he married twice 1st Mgt Chambers then Mary A

James/ James D b 1831 can be seen in 1841 living in Heworth at Heworth Shore with parents Thomas and Ann Johnson+ sibs.
                    Same area there is an Elizabeth Johnson b 1827 in the 1841 at Heworth Shore. She is a Servant.

Thought they may have been sibs but perhaps not. James easy to follow. Not so Elizabeth. Looking at Elizabeth's later census records think she is the daughter of Jane and John Johnson, Mariner. However there is another Elizabeth Johnson b 1829 mother Jane father Peter a Mariner.

Could be James/James D and Elizabeth are Cousins but then need to look further back at father of

James/James D ie Thomas Johnson, a Mason b 1806+/-5 b Durham Co and
                    John Johnson, Mariner ? dob
                    However would two brothers have such different occupations??

Vera
                    thank you vera, i appreciate you trying to link with the johnsons. this 1 doesnt want to be linked. :( as above, im sure he is 1 of mine as have 9 others in tree with RCH names (as well as few with Clement harrison). i relly thought the other day with johnson name it have been what we needed but at the moment just seems to be another brick.

Comment

I do wonder if there is no connection, between the all the Ralph Clement, I searched the newspapers and there seems to be a number of them from 1850s to 1950s including a cricketer that died in 1940. I was hoping to find a local famous person that they were named after....no such luck.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

It's been bugging me everynight where they are, started from scratch again; couldn't find David and Elizabeth so started with the eldest and just found Matthew Kay with his grandparents John and Jane Johnson, ...

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

16 Tyne Street, Jarrow, John is a waterman
                        Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                        http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
                        X