Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing a whole family

hi,
    i'm hoping ppl on here maybe able to help me out. im missing a whole family, ive looked and cant find them. i've been trying for ages to find a link between the son and my main tree for few months as son has the same names as 9 of my ancestors. i bought his birth cert as couldnt locate him, yes this has given me parents names but im not finding them on census records either. all are dead.

Ralph clement/clemett harrison walker born nov 1901 sunderland and died 1969 birmingham. i have him on 1939 census only living with his wife annie.
    father of above George walker grocers assistant im guessing birth to be about 1875 as married in 1896 sunderland
    mother elizabeth smith again guessing birth about 1875.

i have all 3 on ancestry and not getting any hints on them. i've looked on family search and wikitree and nothing that matches. if anyone can come up with anything on these 3 people i would appreciate it.

my ancestors have the ralph clement/clemett harrison names and all link back to mary clement of 1790. i'm pretty certain that this man is linked to me i just cant find where. (i'm wondering if i'm missing a childlinked to mary clement or one of her grandchildren etc.)

**no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Found a baptism 8 Jan 1902, transcription as

Ralph Clement Harrison
    Baptised at St. Ignatius, Hendon George and Elizabeth Walker

I think this might be the family at 5 Thompson Street 1901

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

Both David and George William have MMN as Smith

Just having a look but thinking George's father might be William Walker c1821 steam sawyer born Hedworth
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I think I have the right family

there is a George Walker with parents William Walker and Mary Ann Widdowfield

William b1821 • Hedworth, Durham, England
      Mary Ann b1826 • Newcastle, Northumberland, England

they have a lot of children - you can find them on GRO with MMN.

The census popped up quite easily, can get refs if you can't see them. Do you think it could be them?
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

sorry cross posted
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Baptisms same church and parents, transcription again

David 30 Aug 1899
          Alfred Smith 18 May 1904
          Elaine

Comment

No worries, glad we were thinking the same
            Elaine

Comment

hi,
              thank you for replies. looks very promising. ralph clement/clemett is mine. i hadnt seen that census and i've looked loads (probably 1 of those been there and just missed it for looking too much).
              as for george parents if that is the right people widowfield is another whole new name and not 1 that brings ralph c.h any nearer to my tree via her

i think 1911 could be a big help on extra siblings of ralph so can cross back to gro etc.
              elizabeth smith is not going to be easy

Comment

hi,
                thank you for replies. looks very promising. i hadnt seen that census and i've looked loads (probably 1 of those been there and just missed it for looking too much).
                as for george parents if that is the right people widowfield is another whole new name and not 1 that brings ralph c.h any nearer to my tree via her

i think 1911 could be a big help on extra siblings of ralph so can cross back to gro etc.
                elizabeth smith is not going to be easy though. (think may have to wait for marriage cert to arrive to get her father

Comment

I have Looked at William Walker bp Jarrow St Paul 1821 f Rbt m Mary
                  and Mary Ann Widdowfield/Widowfield/Widofield bp Penshaw 1826 f Ralph m Elizabeth Carr

Both in 1841 living Castle Eden

Married Houghton le Spring 1845

No Clement/Harrison popping up from that generation. Possibly Williams m Mary. Elizabeth Smith more likely.

vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                    I have Looked at William Walker bp Jarrow St Paul 1821 f Rbt m Mary
                    and Mary Ann Widdowfield/Widowfield/Widofield bp Penshaw 1826 f Ralph m Elizabeth Carr

Both in 1841 living Castle Eden

Married Houghton le Spring 1845

No Clement/Harrison popping up from that generation. Possibly Williams m Mary. Elizabeth Smith more likely.

vera
                    Certainly an odd one with very distinctive names, I did get sidetracked last night as was trying to find 1911 census.
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Comment

Yes Carolyn they're not popping up in the 1911. Lots of possible children on GRO but they too are elusive on 1911. Will try FMP with Grocer

Vera

Comment

Yes Carolyn they're not popping up in the 1911. Lots of possible children on GRO but they too are elusive on 1911. Will try FMP with Grocer

Vera
                        I think I tried that one and sawyer, they must be somewhere! Was trying to match up some children as too many Walker and smith
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

my thoughts are they are linked to elizabeth smith as well :( hopefully wen marriage cert arrives will help (fingers crossed her father has an unusal name not john smith!) 1911 i'm thinking surname has 1 been written down and looks different or transcribed differently

Comment

Do you know when George Walker b 1868 died? Wonder if he died between 1901 and 1911 and Elizabeth remarried with family taking new name. Plenty of Walker/Smith children before and after Ralph C H 1901 born but not seeing any with parents George and Elizabeth in 1911

Vera

Comment

hi,
                              marriage cert has arrived, elizabeths father was edward smith and occupation blacksmith, the witnesses were both of smith name - looks like G.E Smith and M.J Smith (will take pic and add later - its a very curly/fancy writing).

no idea on when george died, but ralph ch and brother george both married under walker, so guessing if elizabeth did re-marry they didnt take the new name, not found marriages for other siblings yet.

i cant find them listed in any other family trees on ancestry, wiki tree or on family search :(

its so annoying as i'm sure there is a link to me due to ralph ch, yet they are not being very helpful in letting me find it. lol

Comment

I can see Elizabeth Smith in 1881 b 1871 Sunderland with
                                father Edward a Blacksmith
                                mother Jane nee Cay b South Shields

Edward Smith parents
                                ? father John Smith b 1820 probably Boldon, Durham altho later Census say Sunderland Blacksmith/Sawyer
                                ? mother Mary Watson b 1821 Wallsend later Census say Sunderland

Jane Cay parents
                                Father David a Shipwright b South Shields
                                Mother Elizabeth Johnson b South Shields

No sign of Clement or Harrison surnames

Vera

Comment

Are you trying to link

Ralph clement/clemett harrison walker born nov 1901 sunderland with this clemett Harrison?
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

there is this death, but not liking the age

Sunderland Daily Echo and Shipping Gazette - Thursday 14 February 1929

death on gro matches age
                                    Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 00.13.28.png
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                      there is this death, but not liking the age

Sunderland Daily Echo and Shipping Gazette - Thursday 14 February 1929

death on gro matches age
                                      Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 00.13.28.png
                                      Can pick him up on 1911 via address. He is a Ships Joiner b Newcastle OT.

Can't think where they can be in 1911. Did start a trawl at one point of 1911 addresses. Walker can't be that badly mistranscribed.

Vera

Comment

Can pick him up on 1911 via address. He is a Ships Joiner b Newcastle OT.

Can't think where they can be in 1911. Did start a trawl at one point of 1911 addresses. Walker can't be that badly mistranscribed.

Vera
                                        good find was too tired to check, nice to dismiss.

so many George Walker deaths. I haven't traced any of the children either, who knew Walker was so popular! amazing that Ralph had 2 middle names and David had none.
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X