Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GRO and certificates

GRO and certificates

I ordered some certificates last week, and on the order it said I could expect them on 21st, well it's the 22nd and they still aren't here!!! Anyone else had this problem lately with them? Should I try and contact them? or do I just sit it out?

Typical I've got a friend coming today to look at one of them so we can get started on the Scottish branch of the tree.
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Mine should have been sent out on the 17th but I still havent had them.

Ive noticed that now they post them royal mail 2nd class they take ages to come..

My last order was 7 days late!

]

I had some due for dispatch on the 10th and they arrived Sat/Mon. I know they had a note on the homepage last week saying we should expect delays but all shoud be back to normal by 21st.

Mine for the 16th were delivered yesterday, so wernt to bad ;;;sure I ordered 5 but only 2 came need to find e-mail to see how many I did order ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

I ordered 4 at the start of the month and they arrived one at a time. The first one to make it was about 3 days late and the last about 7.
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Ahh, seems I've not got much to moan about yet.

Just typical isn't it, one of them I desperatly need, the others are for completion, if you know what I mean!

This really is sad isn't it? "Desperately need" it!
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

seems a perfectly normal attitude to me LOL

It's when you start sitting on the doorstep from 7am waiting for the postman you become sad
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Quote Originally Posted by Sue at the seaside View Post
    I ordered some certificates last week, and on the order it said I could expect them on 21st, well it's the 22nd and they still aren't here!!! Anyone else had this problem lately with them? Should I try and contact them? or do I just sit it out?

Typical I've got a friend coming today to look at one of them so we can get started on the Scottish branch of the tree.
    The date on the order is the Despatch date so you will need to allow time for them to wend their way to you - if you're ging to camp out by your letter box be sure to have a good supply of food and drink and plenty of research to keep you busy

I ordered two the week before last and they had the dispatch date of 17th - one arrived the next day which confirmed my 2xg grdfather was an "active" gentleman given that he was 75 when his youngest son was born! and the other is still yet to appear (which of course is the one I really want) along with the one that I ordered last week which had dispatch date of 21st.

*can't wait to rush home from work to see if it has arrived yet*
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Avatar - Frank sadly no longer with us 21/9/2013
    Oh dear - I ordered 7 certificates on Sunday and the despatch date is 25th April - wonder when I'll get them?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,