FTM 2019 Report Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2019 Report Question

Anyone know away you can just print your entire family tree out of Family Tree Maker seems one can only do say three families per report.

Yes I am fairly sure you can, when you first go to a report it is in preview mode, which report were you referring to?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

If you have Facebook join this closed site : https://www.facebook.com/groups/FamilyTreeMakerUsers/

They have Units (teaching aids) for everything to do with Family Tree Maker. It's amazing what you can do. I have learned so much and produced some great charts for a book I'm doing.
      Unit 9 has everything to do with charts and reports including printing - the comments under each section answer more queries or give extra advice so don't ignore those.
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 27-11-19, 11:48.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Well that is what I am trying to do make a book just about have all the info in FTM. But wanted to print the complete tree to see what info is still needed.

Comment

This also applies to ftm 2019:

From the guy who actually programmed this part of FTM
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 27-11-19, 18:44.
          Kat

Comment

I have been and checked and all of them seem to work and show the full 'tree' depending on now many generations you request, and the person you start from. Which style of report for your tree are you wanting to use? If you mean the chart style it could run to very many pages, and you would have to stick them together, depending how many people you have in your tree.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Well have only been using my FTM for a week now but from what I see one can only add up to one or two generations per report then you have to save that and link together all the say 30 generations.

For instance I pick Ahnentapel Report and it will let me add two generations.

I was wanting to print a report of my entire family tree detailed or all generations.

I will be working on this all winter so no rush I will figure it out. And in playing with the book making seems the same you have to save allot of reports and link them together somehow I assume.

I did purchase the Official Guide to FTM 2010 I have the newest version 2019. I could take the software manual to a place and get them to print the 365 pages then would have the 2019.

Anyway I guess there is no simple way to just say print my entire family tree.

Comment

What do you have the generations set at? mine is 11 but you can set more. I have 44 pages to print off. I can either print them off or go to share at the top right and select export to PDF and save on my computer.
                Click to enlarge:

ahnentafel report.JPG
                Last edited by Katarzyna; 28-11-19, 00:47.
                Kat

Comment

Just a thought. You need to make sure you have selected the correct person in your tree for your starting point before you go to the reports. This is usually yourself /Home Person for the Ahnentafel report which is for Ancestors only. You can choose a descendant report and choose a 5x gt grandparent as a starting point.
                  Kat

Comment

Thanks taking a rest Turkey is cooking. I am blessed to have my 3rd Thanksgiving with my kids and grandkids as just about 3 years ago they gave me 3 months to live without a stem cell transplant. I got (ALL) Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Phil+ jucky for me my older brother was a stem cell match and he donated his stem cells to me. Still need to take my daily Kinsey Inhibitor or chemo pills that block the Leukemia from being made. Got this from Agent Orange in Vietnam in the Marines.

Anyway surprised you can't copy and paste reports into MS Word or any word processor. I will try playing with reports more tomorrow. The FTM is something though I am a retired computer pro but started in the MS DOS days.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone no matter where you are.

Comment

Ok now I see you can change how many generations to include in reports makes me happy now just need to keep learning all the options.

Comment

Originally posted by Brucecav View Post
                        Thanks taking a rest Turkey is cooking. I am blessed to have my 3rd Thanksgiving with my kids and grandkids as just about 3 years ago they gave me 3 months to live without a stem cell transplant. I got (ALL) Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Phil+ jucky for me my older brother was a stem cell match and he donated his stem cells to me. Still need to take my daily Kinsey Inhibitor or chemo pills that block the Leukemia from being made. Got this from Agent Orange in Vietnam in the Marines.

Anyway surprised you can't copy and paste reports into MS Word or any word processor. I will try playing with reports more tomorrow. The FTM is something though I am a retired computer pro but started in the MS DOS days.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone no matter where you are.
                        Happy Thanksgiving to you
                        you can save a RTF and open in word.

right click on the document and choose RTF and it opens in word
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-11-19, 16:30.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Well thanks for the rtf tip just tried it and it worked that is helpful to know I am sure there are many more tricks I must learn. Not quite done adding info into FTM then I will start trying to put it all together in a book.

Comment

WOW is that Book Maker plug in software wort it's weight in gold it is amazing worth every cent.

Comment

Hate is when they do not give you the edit your existing message option. So cool after spending days researching and adding people into the FTM to then use the Book Maker plugin and see it all come alive. Now to finish putting the finishing touches into the FTM in no rush.

Comment

I think after 10 posts you will be able to do that. Not sure but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It's something to do with being a newbie on the site.
                                You can see I have edited this post
                                Last edited by Katarzyna; 30-11-19, 11:32.
                                Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Brucecav View Post
                                  Hate is when they do not give you the edit your existing message option. So cool after spending days researching and adding people into the FTM to then use the Book Maker plugin and see it all come alive. Now to finish putting the finishing touches into the FTM in no rush.
                                  Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                                  I think after 10 posts you will be able to do that. Not sure but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It's something to do with being a newbie on the site.
                                  You can see I have edited this post
                                  You get 10 minutes to edit your posts regardless of how long you have been a registered member.
                                  Caroline
                                  Caroline's Family History Pages
                                  Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline, I wasn't sure about that.
                                    Kat

Comment

I couldn't edit until after I had been a member for 10 days and 10 posts, so guess maybe that, as next post made was less than 10 minutes?
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                                        I couldn't edit until after I had been a member for 10 days and 10 posts, so guess maybe that, as next post made was less than 10 minutes?
                                        It is viewing pictures (10 days)and sending PMs (10 in the Inbox until 10 postas made) that is restricted for new members - not editing one's posts, which is the same time limit for all members as I said earlier on the thread..
                                        Caroline
                                        Caroline's Family History Pages
                                        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                                        X