Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error in Published Reports. Is there a fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in Published Reports. Is there a fix?

When I publish a descendant or ancestor report for a person the reports are riddled with the following error: The report adds the sentence "dies January 22, 2013" to most of the entries, including those that have another date of death for individuals. There are literally hundreds of these added sentences.

One of the people in my tree has that date of death but he's not my home person. If I delete his date of death & republish the reports the error continues.

My tree contains more than 5000 individuals.

How do I fix the error so that it does not occur when I publish reports?

Thank you,

jw

What Family Tree software are you using?
    Have you published reports before without this problem occurring? ie is this a new occurrence?

It might be worth downloading the gedcom and uploading it to new genealogy software such as one of these and see if the problem still exists.

What are the best FREE genealogy downloads? I review the 6 best programs to help you build a family tree. The pros and cons are also discussed for each.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Without knowing what program you are using it's difficult to be specific, but it sounds as if you might have edited the master sentence template which is used as the default.
      Jane
      Family Historian User Group : My Family History : My Photography
      "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Comment

Originally posted by jtaubman View Post
        Without knowing what program you are using it's difficult to be specific, but it sounds as if you might have edited the master sentence template which is used as the default.
        Thanks for your replies.

I'm using Family Tree maker 2017 by MacKiev. I'm not sure what a master sentence template is but I'll check the manual & see if that's the problem.

These are the first reports I've published.

jw

Comment

go to Edit
          Manage facts
          select birth (I assume it is this one)
          Select properties and see if the sentence has been changed to include the date as you mentioned
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
          X