Android recommendations please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android recommendations please?

I'm currently toying with the idea of putting my family tree on my tablet, so I can have all the info I need when I'm out & about. I'm not after a full-blown genealogy program, just something that's free (or VERY cheap) and can handle an imported GEDCOM. It has to be capable of showing part of a tree and MUST show dates in the person selection criteria (you wouldn't believe how many George HAKINs I have). It would be nice if it could also show sources & notes.
    (I'm not really bothered about updating the info on the tablet; anything I want to add/change I can make a note elsewhere.)

My main tree on my Windows laptop is FTM2012. I don't have it sync'd to Ancestry, nor do I want to. It's possible that some time in the future I'll ditch FTM completely and move over to a different program... but at the moment its still working, it does what I want, and I'm used to it. I don't really want to be tied to using it on the tablet.

Does anyone have any suggestions about suitable software for the tablet?
    Vicky

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trevor, I've installed this and I'm having a play with it.
      Vicky

Comment

OneFam has an android family tree. Its aimed more at family memories, but you can view family tree by branch. Its web version is GEDCOM compatible and I think they have a free desktop version also. Im using the mobile app, so Im not 100% sure about the desktop. With the web, you can import a GEDCOM and then work only using the android app. It's certainly worth a try, depending on what you want to do in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X