Help please re Java

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please re Java

I am trying to open a birth that I have paid for on Scotlands people and it keeps saying - Java plug in 10.51.2 is not installed correctly. If I click ok a box comes up saying -
    Applets in this HTML page require a version of Java different from the one your browser is currently using. In order to run the Applets in in this HTML page a new browser session is required. Close all the netscape browser sessions and start a new browser HTML page. The you have to click either NO or YES. If I click yes or no the first sign (Java plug in 10.51.2 is not installed correctly) just comes up again!!
    So I went to Java and just did a download of the latest Java but I am still getting the same problem. I need very simple instructions please for a simple girl (well old woman actually but don't tell anyone).
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 07-02-14, 11:35.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

At the top of the Scotlands People page - click on the "My Details" tab.

This will open your account information - scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see "Image Viewer" with a drop down list next to it. Change the selection in the list to one of the other options - I usually use Direct View, or Flash.

Click on the "Update Your Details" button at the bottom of the page to save your choice.

Now try and open the image you want.
    Last edited by AntonyM; 07-02-14, 12:28.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

I can't thank you enough Anthony It worked
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
      X