Tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablets

How do members find Tablets as opposed to a net book? I am not thinking of an i-pad but more like a Samsung. Also are they easy to understand for people who do not have an NVQ in IT?

I do not quite understand the difference yet between buying one with 3G or without this extra. I asked around PCW today and all they want to do is 'Sell' but had no idea on the fine detail.

Look forward to your comments.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I dont have a 'tablet' but tbh I dont see that they would be any different to using a mobile phone that has 'apps' on it.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Firstly - I know nothing about the techy side of computers.
      I was in PCW buying my nice new netbook and asked the assistant, very briefly, if a tablet would be another alternative to my needs, family tree etc.
      Her answer was that it wouldn't be.
      To be honest, apart from anything else, I don't like the thought of not having a physical keyboard. That alone would put me off a tablet.
      Perhaps I am just too old to go with change!!
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
      X