OpenOffice.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello John,
    I have decided to remove OO but Windows won't let me as it's not one of their programmes. I went to MY Computer Add or remove programmes and clicked on OO and then clicked on remove. It disappeared from the list but my short cuts and other bits are still there! How do I uninstall it? please. This is very important as I now don't have an office type programmes!
    Regards,
    Fortuna

Comment

• I fortuna,

As far as I'm aware that should be all you have to do:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation/How_do_I_uninstall_OpenOffice.org%3F

Try re-installing.

John

Comment

• Oh dear! I have reinstalled it and windows says I must find a file to open it. How do I do that?
        Fortuna

Comment

• Hi Fortuna, I've sent you a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post
            only just spotted this so prob a bit late, could you not use "WHERE [fieldname] IS NOT NULL" in your expression to limit the range and avoid the nulls problem ??
            I have not tried it but I expect it would work. As a newbie to OOo I am deliberately taking small steps and keeping things as simple as possible. Not having the WHERE ... NOT NULL clause has taught me that nulls are a problem and there is no default to handle them. All part of my learning process.

I appreciate your interest.

Thanks,

Hugo

Comment

• Open Office

John,

I have sorted my problem,

Thank you,
              Fortuna

Comment

• Hi fortuna, That's great news! Was it something simple? What did you do? Is the font style problem sorted as well?

Comment

• I downloaded again and thought I had it sorted but I have just typed a few sentences and the same damned this is happening! In 'Programmes' there is still Open Office.org2.4 with a file next it which is empty. Further down the list is the newly installed Open Office.org 3.0 In My Computer there is just the new Open Office.org 3.0

I think maybe I'll just have to put up with it,
                  Fortuna

Comment

• Nudge
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

• Hi,
                      Thanks for the nudge. There have been other things to deal with! Hence no typing done. The problem is still there. I have all but given up and have decided to type the document and then change whatever I need to,

Comment

• Sorry we weren't successful in resolving the problem fortuna. It's a little strange that I don't get the problem with your document and that now after reinstalling the software you are still getting the problem. If I come across this situation and a resolution anyway else I will certainly let you know.

Comment

• Thanks for trying, John

Comment

• Nudge for Velma

Comment

• Thanks John ;)

Comment

• Have been using this for some time ever since I bought a laptop with Vista and no Microsfoft software . Found this was a great alternative (considering that Microsoft shoud have generously recouped their investment by now). Is also compatible with Macintosh.Can report no problems for my modest needs - Spreadsheet and Word processing
                                CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Working...
                                X