Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 27 (July 5-11): Free

Week 27's theme is "Free."
    You could focus on an ancestor seeking freedom, a free-for-all, your favorite free resource, or take it "free form" and write about whatever you want to write about! (Of course, that's true any week!)
    Amy Johnson Crow
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

This week I've extended the word Free to Freetown and ask the question, what was my Grandfather doing in Freetown, Sierra Leone, just prior to WW2?

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 27. Free. Another family mystery! (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
      This week I've extended the word Free to Freetown and ask the question, what was my Grandfather doing in Freetown, Sierra Leone, just prior to WW2?

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 27. Free. Another family mystery! (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
      Freedom! He seemed to be very free with his occupation. I wonder if you will ever find out any more.
      I thought Paternoster Row was familiar - various Lewcocks come up in publications from there.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

Freedom! He seemed to be very free with his occupation. I wonder if you will ever find out any more.
        I thought Paternoster Row was familiar - various Lewcocks come up in publications from there.
        I think you have found the essence of my Grandfather there, Caroline
        Every so often something new crops up, such as the doctors letter from a cousin, so I live in hope.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

free was a hard one for me, but i adapted it slightly to FREEMAN - https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...5-11-free.html
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X