Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 22 (May 31-June 6): Military

The theme this week is "Military."

What have you learned about one of your military ancestors?

Amy Johnson Crow
    Heart of Courage - Two Steps from Hell

Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Realising that it is the anniversary of D day today, I really should have written about my maternal Grandad who landed in Normandy, on Day 4, but there is a lot of research I want to undertake in relation to his war service. I have written about my paternal Grandfathers Military career during the Chanak crisis and the ignomous career of my G.Grandfather. So for this weeks blog I have written about a lady, I came across, many years ago when I followed any snippet of information in an attempt to track down the aforementioned errant Great Grandfather. She is in fact no relation to me, but as the wife in a childless couple I feel she deserves to be remembered, having been an early recipient of The Royal Red Cross Medal, during the First Boer War.

This is the story of Ann(ie) Fox wife of Sergeant Major Fox of the 94th regiment.

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 21. Military (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

many of my male ancestors were linked to the military via ww1 or ww2, however, i have decided to use my step-grandfather (the only gradfather i actually knew) - https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspo...-military.html
      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X