Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by isisplantagenet View Post
    Im not sure if you can help me as the areas I need are Boxford. Acton and Little Cornard and Im not sure which Records office covers these.

Looking for

1) Sarah Godden Bapt 20 Feb 1715 BOxford-Need Parents names

2) George Whiston bapt Acton 10 JUl 1629. His father is Peter

3) George married a Dorothy But no idea when and her maiden name, need to check Acton for this please. around 1635-1659.

4) Also Acton the Bap of Elizabeth Linnett 1650-1660.

5) And in Great Cornard A lady called Ann Gennerie married Robert Kingsbury 23 May 1678. Im looking for her bapt between 1605-1618. She was buried there 1677/8

Hope this isnt too much info.

Regards Julie
    1) Parents William & Ann. Sister Rose 4/7/1708

2) That part of the register was completely illegible. Even though I knew what was there I couldn't pick out any of it. There is a transcript done in 1940 which confirms what you have. The transcript also has a sister Anna (WHISSON) 23/1/1625 & this I was able to read in the register. There was no marriage for Peter.

3) Marriages in Acton 1641 - 1659 were missing as were burials 1618 - 1653. I do have burials for Peter, George, Dorothy, William & Grace if you don't already have them.

4) The name LINNET does not appear in the Acton register at that time.

5) The name GENNERIE does not appear in the Gt Cornard register 1600 - 1620. The name KINGSBURY does.

Sorry I couldn't find what you were looking for.
    Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by jenoco View Post
      Hi Glen
      You've kindly done some look-ups for me in the past. Can you please check for a baptism of Phoebe Button in Wangford circa 1827 - parents John and Mary - and, if you have time, any siblings. John and Mary were married in Reydon in 1820.
      Thank you!
      Wangford
      BUTTON Phoebe d. John/Mary Wangford Lab. 15/11/1829
      BUTTON William s. John/Mary Wangford Lab. 16/9/1821

These were the only baptisms up to 1844.
      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
        For Mike R

I have another request for a look up next time you are in Suffolk if you don't mind.
        I have managed to trace Jasper Smith, born 1813, to Kettleburgh in Suffolk. if I am correct he had 2 sisters, Harriet and Hannah, and 2 brothers, William and David.
        If the above is right his parents were probably William* Smith and Harriet Clark. ( I cannot with any certainty find their birth or marriage dates.)
        Again if the above is correct William's* parents may be William**, born 1769 in Glemsford, and Mary. (surname unknown.) William's** (1769) parents may be John Smith and Rebecka Hawys.
        With Smith as a surname it may not be possible to positively confirm any of the above. There seem to be just too many with the same first names in this area of Suffolk. Still worth a try.

Many thanks in advance for anything you can find.
        Mike
        Here are the children of William SMITH & Harriet CLARK. William was a labourer in all cases& they were living in the place of baptism.

Kettleburgh
        Jasper 2/3/1813
        William 1/1/1815

Parham
        Harriet 13/3/1817
        Eliza 18/4/1819
        George 27/10/1822
        Hannah 20/3/1825
        David 11/9/1827

Harriet never recovered from David's birth & was buried in Parham 9/9/1827 aged 36.
        David lingered on for 6 months & was buried 23/3/1828

William remarried to Sophia BICKERS & had at least 6 more children.
        I wasn't able to find the William/Harriet marriage but I do have details of the William/Sophia & Jasper/Mary Ann marriages if you want them.

I looked for William & Harriet in Kettleburgh & Parham. There was no sign of Harriet. Two possibilities for William assuming he was from there.

Kettleburgh
        SMITH William s. Thomas/Jane (SPALDING) Pauper 10/3/1792
        I have the marriage if you want it.

Parham
        SMITH William s. Thomas/Ann (CADNUM) 7/4/1793

I didn't look at the Glemsford records as it's across the other side of Suffolk & I think you'll find a great many SMITHs between the 2 areas plus William's father doesn't appear to be a William but without some supporting evidence, it'll be difficult to pick.
        Glen

Comment

• I'm answereing your GF queries here too, Joy.

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
          I have sent you an email about

The official archive of the UK government. Our vision is to lead and transform information management, guarantee the survival of today's information for tomorrow and bring history to life for everyone.

Order to apprehend John Packard FC 133/I1/3 1813
          Contents:
          Reputed father of a bastard child, to be born to Sarah Aldred, of Blaxhall, singlewoman, and to produce him at the next General Quarter Sessions to be held at Woodbridge. 27 September 1813

Thank you very much
          Am emailing the Apprehension Order - don't worry about payment - I get my pension in a couple of months.

Re
          John Packard, christened in Little Glemham, 18 December 1785, Correct

Whenever you go again, Glen, as it gives an actual date of birth for some of his siblings, would you mind looking to see if there is a date for his birth, please? Thank you
          No birth date was noted.

I hope that I haven't asked you this before - I have a note that someone at some time told me about a marriage for a Daniel Packard and a Grace Virtue in 1713 at Woodbridge - would you be able to look for this for me, please? and if you come across any children for them?
          Daniel PACKARD Grace VIRTUE both single 11/1/1714 N/S There were no children up to 1730.
          Glen

Comment

• Cooks/Goodchild

Thank you so much for your help, and time, Glen. iIvery much appreciate them both.
            I am sure that the info that you have given me will be useful, and yes, if possible, I would like the two marriages that you refer to, please ! Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by karane View Post
              Thank you so much for your help, and time, Glen. iIvery much appreciate them both.
              I am sure that the info that you have given me will be useful, and yes, if possible, I would like the two marriages that you refer to, please ! Thanks again.
              Here they are:

Badingham
              John COOK S of Dennington Susan GOODCHILD S otp Banns 29/1/1833
              Wit: William GOODCHILD Mary Ann WITHING Only William signed.

I did wonder that if Susan was Ruth's daughter, perhaps William THREADKLE didn't want to raise her & in such circumstances the grandparents often did it. If they then died perhaps William & Mary took over.

William THREADKLE sotp Ruth GOODCHILD sotp Banns 21/12/1816
              Wit: Benjamin MANNING John SHIMMIN Only John signed.
              Glen

Comment

• Glen, I've said it before and I shall say it again - you are a gem! Thank you very much.
                My pension I have been receiving now for ... ouch! ... nearly three years
                Joy

Comment

• Goodchild/Cook

Once again, thanks do not seem to be adequate, as you have helped me such a lot, and I can now get a little further back. I am convinced that Susan must have been raised, for a while, anyway, by William and Mary, it would seem that Susan was named after William's sister?
                  It does seem probably, doesn't it. !!!!!
                  I did have William down as Susan's father, so have now corrected that.
                  Thanks again, Glen.

Comment

• Thank you so much for this, I will start looking at this info. I am now actually going to Suffolk on 9 Oct for the Family History Fair which I have discovered is being held in Debenham!

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                    The only Samuel SMITH baptised c. 1813 was at the Debenham Independent & there was no sign of the 'Clark'.
                    Samuel SMITH s. Frederick/Elizabeth b. 2/1/1813 bapt. 30/5/1813.
                    He had siblings: Robert 1799, William 1802, Henry 1804, William 1807 & Harriet 1810.

Parents at Debenham Parish Church.
                    Frederick SMITH Elizabeth CHILVERS bsotp Banns 11/2/1799
                    Wit: Lydia WYTHE John FAIRWEATHER Only John signed.

Comment

Once again, thanks do not seem to be adequate, as you have helped me such a lot, and I can now get a little further back. I am convinced that Susan must have been raised, for a while, anyway, by William and Mary, it would seem that Susan was named after William's sister?
                      It does seem probably, doesn't it. !!!!!
                      I did have William down as Susan's father, so have now corrected that.
                      Thanks again, Glen.
                      Unfortunately it is only supposition, you need more info. to decide one way or the other - a will would be handy!
                      Glen

Comment

• Goodchild/Cooks

Thanks Glen, when I looked back, over my records, I realised that Susan, married in 1833, to John Cook, before her mother died, in 1840, on her second marriage, in 1848, to a David Woolard, she was married as Susan Cook, then, and she gave William as her father, throwing me, a bit, but it must have been because she was illegitimate. I will have a look for a will, or something, to try to find out more. Thanks again.

Comment

Here are the children of William SMITH & Harriet CLARK. William was a labourer in all cases& they were living in the place of baptism.

Kettleburgh
                          Jasper 2/3/1813
                          William 1/1/1815

Parham
                          Harriet 13/3/1817
                          Eliza 18/4/1819
                          George 27/10/1822
                          Hannah 20/3/1825
                          David 11/9/1827

Harriet never recovered from David's birth & was buried in Parham 9/9/1827 aged 36.
                          David lingered on for 6 months & was buried 23/3/1828

William remarried to Sophia BICKERS & had at least 6 more children.
                          I wasn't able to find the William/Harriet marriage but I do have details of the William/Sophia & Jasper/Mary Ann marriages if you want them.

I looked for William & Harriet in Kettleburgh & Parham. There was no sign of Harriet. Two possibilities for William assuming he was from there.

Kettleburgh
                          SMITH William s. Thomas/Jane (SPALDING) Pauper 10/3/1792
                          I have the marriage if you want it.

Parham
                          SMITH William s. Thomas/Ann (CADNUM) 7/4/1793

I didn't look at the Glemsford records as it's across the other side of Suffolk & I think you'll find a great many SMITHs between the 2 areas plus William's father doesn't appear to be a William but without some supporting evidence, it'll be difficult to pick.
                          I have Jasper marrying Mary Ann Rackham 03.12.1836.
                          I will follow up the Kettlburgh and Parham suggestion you made to see if I can make a positive link. If I cannot I will stop at what I am convinced is correct.
                          I don't like to make a family tree on "possibilities". I wonder how many people have noticed on "Who do you think you are" the number of times they say " if " this or that link is correct you " may" be related to etc etc. Spoils the whole prog. for me.
                          Anyway many thanks once again for all you have done for me. Could not have got anywhere near as far without your help.

Mike.

Comment

• Goodchild/Cook families

Hello Glen,
                            I don't mean to be a nuisance but can I have the details of William's marriage to Mary Watts, please. I believe that you said that you had it.
                            Thanks again

Comment

Hello Glen,
                              I don't mean to be a nuisance but can I have the details of William's marriage to Mary Watts, please. I believe that you said that you had it.
                              Thanks again
                              Sorry, no, I didn't see that. I don't think it took place in Badingham. The one I have is for William THREADKLE & Ruth GOODCHILD.
                              Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by mike r View Post
                                I have Jasper marrying Mary Ann Rackham 03.12.1836.
                                I will follow up the Kettlburgh and Parham suggestion you made to see if I can make a positive link. If I cannot I will stop at what I am convinced is correct.
                                I don't like to make a family tree on "possibilities". I wonder how many people have noticed on "Who do you think you are" the number of times they say " if " this or that link is correct you " may" be related to etc etc. Spoils the whole prog. for me.
                                Anyway many thanks once again for all you have done for me. Could not have got anywhere near as far without your help.

Mike.
                                I have Jasper's marriage as 1835. Looking at the 1851 it appears William was born in Framlingham.
                                Glen

Comment

• Goodchild/Cooks

Hi Glen,
                                  No, that is ok, it is my mistake, I mis understood, and thought you meant that you had the marriage of William and Mary. Apologies and many thanks, again

Comment

I have Jasper's marriage as 1835. Looking at the 1851 it appears William was born in Framlingham.
                                    Ooops. Typing error. I have 1835 as well.
                                    Mike

Comment

• For Debbie

Looking for information on Edward Ellis (ca. 1617-1670)
                                      Hello,
                                      I was wondering if you might be able to locate christening records or family information on an Edward Ellis born possibly in Loftstoft, Suffolk about 1617. He emigrated to Surry County, Virginia, by 1636 under the sponsorship of Benjamin Carrill. I haven't been able to find the name of the ship on which he took passage to America, yet.

Thanks,
                                      Debbie
                                      Glen

Comment

• Thanks for the look-up Glen. Sorry for the late response, I've been away.
                                        Jenny

Comment

• Hi Glen,

Could you please see if you can find a christening for me?

It is for Robert Sheldrake, who was born around 1828/31, at Gipping. I know there is not a church at Gipping, and I am unsure if the people living there would have used the church at Old Newton, Mendlesham or Stowupland. His father was John Sheldrake, a labourer.

Thanks,
                                          Tippin
                                          Families Intrested in
                                          Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

Working...
                                          X