Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Joy,

Do you need Mary's burial? Widow of Lawrence.
    Glen

Comment

• Thank you but I think that you gave it to me - though I could easily be getting muddled up with all the Marys etc! - is it 22 May 1856 at Charsfield? Widow, age 76.
      Last edited by Joy Dean; 14-07-10, 20:31.
      Joy

Comment

• Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
        Thank you but I think that you gave it to me - though I could easily be getting muddled up with all the Marys etc! - is it 22 May 1856 at Charsfield? Widow, age 76.
        Yes, that's corrrect - I'd forgotten I'd given it to you. I just thought you might be wondering how she ended up in Charsfield when she was living with Charles in Martlesham in 1851. Charles died in 1854 so I assume she returned to one of her other children in Charsfield.
        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
          Yes, that's corrrect - I'd forgotten I'd given it to you. I just thought you might be wondering how she ended up in Charsfield when she was living with Charles in Martlesham in 1851. Charles died in 1854 so I assume she returned to one of her other children in Charsfield.
          Thank you. Yes, I saw in free BMD that Charles died in 1854, registered June qr Woodbridge District. Well, she wasn't with Amos, because he died in 1846, and I haven't explored all the other children's whereabouts, yet. However, her son Richard was in Charsfield in 1851, 1871 and 1881 and he is buried there, too. That reminds me, I must go and see if he is there in 1861; for some reason, I don't seem to have a note of where he was then

By the way, a grandson of Amos, Amos Henry Fletcher, ended up in Dublin.
          Joy

Comment

• Yes, there he is in Charsfield in 1861 with wife Hannah (née Sadd - this surname being the reason for my interest in the family) and children

I am almost sure that I had found the other census details when we used to go to the late-lamented FRC in London and search the film there. Wonder what has happened to that lovely building.
            Last edited by Joy Dean; 15-07-10, 08:02.
            Joy

Comment

• I was just wondering - did you give me the burial for Charles Fletcher? You might have done and I might have mislaid it somewhere.
              Joy

Comment

• Glen
                Many thanks for your efforts.
                Sorry for the delay in responding, but had to go on holiday.
                Your assumption could be why I cannot find any previous records for Millicent.
                I know that Ernest originated from Norfolk, the Blake family all moved to Saxmundham, and stayed there (with the exception of the war deaths)
                Will get a certificate and proceed from there.
                Dave
                DGJay

Comment

I was just wondering - did you give me the burial for Charles Fletcher? You might have done and I might have mislaid it somewhere.
                  Probably not - 14/4/1854 aged 46. His wife Rebecca was buried 19/6/1846 aged 34, probably complications in childbirth as an inf. Dawson was buried 7/7/1846. They also buried Fred inf. 15/12/1842 & Nancy aged 23/12/1843.
                  Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                    Probably not - 14/4/1854 aged 46. His wife Rebecca was buried 19/6/1846 aged 34, probably complications in childbirth as an inf. Dawson was buried 7/7/1846. They also buried Fred inf. 15/12/1842 & Nancy aged 23/12/1843.
                    Glen, thank you very much for all your help.
                    So sad, looking at their ages, so many of them. At least his brother Richard managed to live to the age of 67, but the others were so much younger. Not just names and dates and places, but real people.
                    Thank you for helping my ancestral family become even more real for me.
                    Joy

Comment

• How old was Nancy, please?
                      Last edited by Joy Dean; 19-07-10, 18:25.
                      Joy

Comment

How old was Nancy, please?
                        Whoops, sorry. Nancy was 4.
                        Glen

Comment

• Thank you
                          Joy

Comment

• Hello Glen

I'm looking for the marriage of my 4xgreat grandparents William and Elizabeth Rudd. She was born around 1804, Weston, Suffolk, he 1794 Belton, Suffolk.

The adresses I have for them are:

1823:Somerleyton (Dau Baptism)
                            1825:Lound (Sons Baptism)
                            1828:Lound (2nd Dau Baptism)
                            1830:Belton (2nd Sons Baptism)
                            1832:Belton (3rd Dau Baptism)
                            1841-1881:Lound Road, Blundeston High Street (Census)

The only likely match on the IGI is the marriage of William Rudd and Elizabeth Middleton, 9 June 1819 Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, and there are a fair few trees floating about with that on them, but I have catagorically proved that to be a different couple.

They presumably married 1820-2, Weston, Somerleyton, Belton, Lound, Blundeston all possible candidates! If you could help find this marriage would certainly break down a long standing brick wall in my tree of several years.

Regards

Richard
                            Last edited by Richard; 28-07-10, 16:31.

Comment

• Richard,

At one time there was only about 10% of Suffolk PRs on the IGI, there's a bit more now but still not a lot. There is a marriage index 1813 - 1837 so I'll check that for you.
                              Glen

Comment

• Thanks Glen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
                                  Hello Glen

I'm looking for the marriage of my 4xgreat grandparents William and Elizabeth Rudd. She was born around 1804, Weston, Suffolk, he 1794 Belton, Suffolk.

The adresses I have for them are:

1823:Somerleyton (Dau Baptism)
                                  1825:Lound (Sons Baptism)
                                  1828:Lound (2nd Dau Baptism)
                                  1830:Belton (2nd Sons Baptism)
                                  1832:Belton (3rd Dau Baptism)
                                  1841-1881:Lound Road, Blundeston High Street (Census)

The only likely match on the IGI is the marriage of William Rudd and Elizabeth Middleton, 9 June 1819 Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, and there are a fair few trees floating about with that on them, but I have catagorically proved that to be a different couple.

They presumably married 1820-2, Weston, Somerleyton, Belton, Lound, Blundeston all possible candidates! If you could help find this marriage would certainly break down a long standing brick wall in my tree of several years.

Regards

Richard
                                  I checked the Lothingland Index which contains most of the parishes you mentioned & then South Elmham & Wangford which contains Weston but no sign of William RUDD. I then checked the indices for the rest of Suffolk & there was only one William RUDD marrying to Elizabeth BARTRUM in Wortham 18/11/1828.

The parishes mentioned are very close to the Norfolk border so you may find the marriage there. There is a Marriage CD for Norfolk from 1801 & I believe someone on this Forum owns it so it's worth asking for a lookup.
                                  Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen

Thanks for looking. I do have the Norfolk CD's as I have family there too, unfortunately no sign of them there either. Looks like destined to remain a brick wall. I do know there have been others researching this line since the 70's without finding the marriage either..so maybe it's not there to be found.

Comment

• I am trying to trace a Samuel Clarke Smith born in Debenham in 1813. I'm not sure if the Clarke part of the name will be registered as it is dropped in some of the census information I have managed to find. Many thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lissylou View Post
                                        I am trying to trace a Samuel Clarke Smith born in Debenham in 1813. I'm not sure if the Clarke part of the name will be registered as it is dropped in some of the census information I have managed to find. Many thanks.
                                        I'll check it out for you next time.
                                        Glen

Comment

• For Karane

Is anyone able to go to the Suffolk records office, please?
                                          I am trying to find a marriage.
                                          I have a Susan Goodchild, father William, who was born around 1815, in Dennington, Suffolk.
                                          She had two children, with a John Cook, but I can't find a marriage, for them. The first son was born in 1836, and was William Cook, the second child 1838, and was Samuel. Both born in Dennington Suffolk.
                                          Both records give the parents as John Cook and Susan Goodchild.
                                          I am thinking, that maybe they never married, but don't want to discount that, until I have had someone double check, for me.
                                          I would think the marriage would have been around 1832-1840?
                                          In 1848 Susan married a David Woolard, in Bethnal Green. On the census it gives her as coming from Dennington.

Is it possible for anyone to look up a marriage for Susan/Susannah, to a John Cook, and maybe find her birth record, please. Thank you very much for your time.
                                          Glen

Comment

Working...
                                          X