Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted for Geoff Browne

Hi Glen,

Thanks so much for kindly offering Suffolk RO lookups. I wonder if you could possibly do a lookup for me next time you are in the RO ?

I am trying to find a baptism in Newmarket for Anne Oakeman BARTON on 18th Dec 1748. Her father was James BARTON and mother probably Elizabeth Oakeman Kemp. A lookup would be very much appreciated.

If you could possibly spare the time and an index is available, her siblings were:-

James BARTON (b. after 1740, when parents married)
    Mary BARTON (b.1747)
    Elizabeth BARTON (1750)

There is a suggestion that they might have been baptised in Freckenham as that was where they lived, but the concensus seems to be Newmarket for the baptisms.

Very much appreciate any help you might be able to give and if you even need any lookups in Exeter, I'm your man !!!

All the very best,
    Geoff Browne.
    Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

If you get a chance, could you please lookup a Christening and a marriage for me?

The christening is for Lydia Last, who would have been born around 1796 in either Stowmarket or Stowupland.
      The marriage would be for Lydia parent's, who at the moment I have no idea who they would be.

Thanks for any help in advance,
      Tippin
      Families Intrested in
      Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tippin View Post
        Hi Glen,

If you get a chance, could you please lookup a Christening and a marriage for me?

The christening is for Lydia Last, who would have been born around 1796 in either Stowmarket or Stowupland.
        The marriage would be for Lydia parent's, who at the moment I have no idea who they would be.

Tippin
        Shall see what I can do, Tippin
        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
          Shall see what I can do, Tippin
          Thanks for the help Glen.
          Last edited by Tippin; 09-07-10, 08:45.
          Families Intrested in
          Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

• Hi Glen,

Adam Wright and Mary Clark married 23 Mar 1761(Elmswell). If you have time would it be possible to see if you can find possible christening and parents of the couple.

Many thanks, Sandra

Comment

• Originally posted by tugman View Post
              Glen are you still going to Lowestoft record office please.
              Ellen Brown late Lower

Hi all
              Does anybody have access to St John's church Lowestoft baptist records please.
              Looking for possible marriage of Ellen Lower to Henry/Frederick Brown.
              We know they had a daug Kate birth reg 1867 Lowestoft parents Henry & Ellen Brown late Lower.
              They also had a daug Emma 1866 & son Frederick 1869 both born Lowestoft,yet no record of their births. At the time of reg. birth of Kate, Ellen states they are residing Denmark Rd,Lowestoft & Henry is a joiner.
              Did the three children also get baptised there.
              On the marriage certs of Emma & Kate both give fathers name as Frederick Brown a journeyman & the other says he is deceased.
              There is nothing found on Freebmd for marriage of this couple or the births of Emma or Frederick.
              In 1871 Emma & Frederick are staying at Sarah Prettyman's,she is a nursey school teacher. They are still there in 1881 now as Emma & Frederick Prettyman. Kate is a servant in a shop.
              I think the surname Lower could also be spelt as Low or Lowe.
              Many thanks for any help.
              Noel
              The Lowestoft St John records don't start until 1869. I looked at St Margaret's but there was no marriage or baptisms. I also looked there for the baptisms of Frederick/Henry & Ellen.

Where was Kate in 1871? Why do you think all 3 children had the same parents? Are there witnesses in common?
              Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                Glen, next time you are at the record office, could you possibly see if you can find marriages for the following please?

Mary Chandler born 1799 Leiston Suffolk
                John Chandler born 1801 Leiston Suffolk
                Sarah Chandler born 1803 Leiston Suffolk.

Possible marriage date/s around 1820's

Sorry I can't furnish any more info Glen.
                I was trying to do a bit for everyone today in case I don't go in again this trip. I looked yours up in the 1813- 1837 Marriage Index but didn't get round to the originals. That will be first on the list next time.

John CHANDLER/ Jemima LONG Leiston/Sizewell 4/11/1834
                Sarah CHANDLER/ Charles CHASE Leiston/Sizewell 17/4/1821
                There was a Mary Ann marrying in Walpole to Thomas MORSE of Cookley 12/6/1826

May be able to tell more from the originals.
                Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by DgJay View Post
                  Glen, next time you are at the RO could you please do a lookup for me.

I have a marriage for Ernest C Blake to Millicent R Sadd ( dated qtr Sep 1951, Blyth vol 4b page 92 ).
                  It should, I hope, have been a marriage at St John the Baptist Saxmundham, problem I have is that I cannot find any birth for the said lady, can't find her on any census, so am assuming she might have been born after 1911.
                  If you could check to find her age, address and father etc it would start me going in a direction.
                  Many TIA
                  Dave
                  As I suspected the records have not been filmed although the originals are at Ipswich. I don't know when I shall be there next so it may be easier to get the certificate.

Are these Suffolk people. Could Millicent have been married before?

Millicent R CLARKE m. Frederick T SADD Sep Qtr 1937 Barnet Middx
                  Frederick T SADD died 1937 Barnet Middx
                  Glen

Comment

Posted for Geoff Browne

Hi Glen,

Thanks so much for kindly offering Suffolk RO lookups. I wonder if you could possibly do a lookup for me next time you are in the RO ?

I am trying to find a baptism in Newmarket for Anne Oakeman BARTON on 18th Dec 1748. Her father was James BARTON and mother probably Elizabeth Oakeman Kemp. A lookup would be very much appreciated.

If you could possibly spare the time and an index is available, her siblings were:-

James BARTON (b. after 1740, when parents married)
                    Mary BARTON (b.1747)
                    Elizabeth BARTON (1750)

There is a suggestion that they might have been baptised in Freckenham as that was where they lived, but the concensus seems to be Newmarket for the baptisms.

Very much appreciate any help you might be able to give and if you even need any lookups in Exeter, I'm your man !!!

All the very best,
                    Geoff Browne.
                    Newmarket All Saints
                    Anne BARTON d. James/Elizabeth of Wood-ditton 23/12/1748
                    Elizabeth BARTON d. James/Elizabeth of Wood-ditton 22/8/1744

I noticed a marriage for a James to a Margaret c. 1750 but didn't know if it was significant.

Thought I'd look for the other two baptisms in St Mary's but couldn't see them. However James & Margaret were baptising children & there was a burial there:
                    Elizabeth BARTON wife of James 18/6/1749
                    Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Tippin View Post
                      Hi Glen,

Tippin
                      Stowupland
                      Lydia LAST d. Henry/Lydia(GODBOLT) 8/2/1797

Stowmarket
                      Henry LAST W otp Lydia GODBOLD sotp Banns 11/10/1795
                      Wit: Thomas BALLS Martin ENEFER. Henry & Lydia made their marks.
                      Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
                        Hi Glen,

Adam Wright and Mary Clark married 23 Mar 1761(Elmswell). If you have time would it be possible to see if you can find possible christening and parents of the couple.

Many thanks, Sandra
                        Missed out today Sandra but will do it if I get in again.
                        Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
                          Glen, next time you are at the record office, could you possibly see if you can find marriages for the following please?

Mary Chandler born 1799 Leiston Suffolk
                          John Chandler born 1801 Leiston Suffolk
                          Sarah Chandler born 1803 Leiston Suffolk.

Possible marriage date/s around 1820's

Sorry I can't furnish any more info Glen.
                          Had a look at the registers, Jen.

Leiston
                          John CHANDLER botp Jemima LONG sotp Banns 4/11/1834
                          Wit: Jonathan CHANDLER Maria NICHOLLS The CHANDLERS both signed

Charles CHASE sotp Sarah CHANDLER sotp Banns 17/4/1821
                          Wit: Thomas TAYLOR John CHANDLER Sarah & Thomas signed

This doesn't look like one of yours unless you recognise the witnesses.
                          Walpole
                          Thomas MORSE s of Cookley Mary Ann CHANDLER sotp Banns 12/6/1826
                          Wit: Ann Elizabeth MORSE Robert Blyth WATTS All signed
                          Glen

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
                            Hi Glen,

Many thanks, Sandra
                            There were one or two John WRIGHTs having children with Lydia & Margaret but no Adam & a Joseph & Elizabeth CLARK having children but no Mary.

Here are the full details of the marriage:
                            Adam WRIGHT sotp Mary CLARK sotp Banns 23/3/1761
                            Wit: John WRIGHT Samuel HOWELL John & Samuel signed
                            Glen

Comment

• Hi Glen,

Thank for the info. It is getting really frustrating now as I am left with the ancestors which are hard to pin down. However, it would seem that John Wright is likely to be a family member, I would guess either brother or father.

I really appreciate your continued help. I do not live near Suffolk so with out your help I wouldn't even have this info.

Sandra

Comment

• Very many thanks Glen, that's so good of you. I don't suppose I can be 100% certain of any of them but, I will keep a note of them all for now. I do appreciate it Glen.
                                Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Stowupland
                                  Lydia LAST d. Henry/Lydia(GODBOLT) 8/2/1797

Stowmarket
                                  Henry LAST W otp Lydia GODBOLD sotp Banns 11/10/1795
                                  Wit: Thomas BALLS Martin ENEFER. Henry & Lydia made their marks.
                                  Great, another two ancestor’s to add to my tree!

Thank you for having a look for me Glen.

Tippin
                                  Families Intrested in

Comment

• My request has disappeared - did you keep a copy of it, please?
                                    Joy

Comment

• By the way, I thought you might be interested to know about Charles Fletcher - you had said that "A Charles & Rebecca FLETCHER are having children in the 1830's." - I have found him in 1851 with his widowed mother Mary -
                                      1851 census Carpenter, widower, age 42, with his mother Mary, widow, age 71, b Cretingham, and children Lawrence, Carpenter, age 18, Laura, age 16, Jemima, age 14, and Herbert, age 10, all children born Martlesham, living in Martlesham.
                                      Joy

Comment

• Hi Joy,

Yes, I noticed that & my reply to you also disappeared.

I checked the Melton register: the marriage was there but nothing else.
                                        Lawrence FLETCHER s of Charsfield Mary GODBOLD sotp Banns 27/2/1806
                                        Samuel GODBOLD Joseph WILLIAMSON Mary made her mark.

I believe the Samuel may be her brother as a Samuel was having children c. 1800. I think that was in Melton although it might have been Cretingham as I checked there for Mary GODBOLD as I too had seen her with Charles in 1851 but no luck.

I rechecked the Charsfield register in case I had missed something but came up with the same as in post #91, Sarah, Sarah's son William & the older William, Lawrence & Mary. The latters' parents would appear to be William FLETCHER & Mary TAYLOR who married Dallinghoo 22/6/1779. Unfortunately I didn't check the details although I did look at the register.

The William who married Mary TAYLOR appears to have been baptised in Dallinghoo 16/5/1756 s. Lawrence & Sarah.
                                        Burials
                                        Sarah FLETCHER of Charsfield 11/2/1791
                                        Lawrence FLETCHER Widower 20/1/1795

There were Lawrence FLETCHERs buried in Wickham Mkt 1808, 1790, 1759, 1728 & 1688 so this might be the next place to look especially as some of the FLETCHERs who were living in Dallinghoo were buried in Wickham.

Returning to Charsfield burials & census, I think it possible that Lawrence & Mary had all these children:
                                        Sarah 1806, Charles 1809, Amos 1811, William 1813, Robert 1815, Lydia 1816, Richard 1818, Hannah 1820, & Jane 1821.
                                        Glen

Comment

• Thank you. You are a gem!
                                          Joy

Comment

Working...
                                          X