Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of new records on FamilySearch pilot site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Hmmm. Found heaps on exciting things but I have a question about this.

My 2 g grandfather, not he one above, had a son my grandfather didn't know about. I found the baptism and guessed there would be a death and I was right.

The baptism says born 23/1/1887, baptised 23/1/1887. That's fine, they were worried about the child and had him baptised asap.

The burial record says: died 22/1/1887, burial 23/1/1887. So he died before he was born.

Would you think the date died is incorrect?
    Lots of new goodies, but with some things not so good.
    I was really excited that there was a death/burial for John Tyrell Alcock of Yarmouth
    Sadly, the date given was the date of his marriage :(

All with the usual rider - IGI is a secondary source and so, events should be checked against the original registers.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      This is an interesting collection - not sure if it's new - don't remember seeing it before.

Great Britain Deaths and Burials, 1778-1988

I think it is basically overseas deaths, but seems to be bringing up quite a few results for Merchant Marine at Sea.
      I think I've found one of my marine deaths but it tells me less than I knew already.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by naomiatt View Post
        Hi - perhaps he was born late at night..and it merged with the following day...
        Possible. I have a few original baptosm certs for India and the parents tell the date of birth. I gues they could have been really worried and not given precise details but would a child that is already dead be baptised.

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
        All with the usual rider - IGI is a secondary source and so, events should be checked against the original registers.
        Very true.
        Kit

Comment

Last night I searched for some of my Lloyd rellies in India that have been a brick wall for a long time.
          I did not know if after moving to India thay eventually returned to Liverpool, but alas Gt Grandmother died in India when grandfather was only six years old and I think I may have found his fathers death when he was only 11 but not certain yet.
          I did find Grandfathers brothers BMD all last night and found a brother for him I did not know he had in a marriage record.
          Thank you for the link and for breaking down a longstanding brick wall.

I will be off to LRO to research for any more children to this couple that I may not have,

Edna

Comment

Working...
          X