Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olde Crone Holden
    replied
    I meant to add - that article in LC was excellent - I knew that registrars work from a list but hadn't realised the list was used world wide.

OC

Leave a comment:

• GallowayLass
    replied
    Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
    A bit off topic, but I will never forget one of the stupidest petitions I have ever seen. It was for the early release of the 1931 census.. Hundreds of people signed it. I pointed out on forum that the 1931 census was destroyed by fire during WW2. Back came the smart retort, which baffles me to this day -

"World war two didn't start till 1939, you idiot! "

OC
    That's a classic LOL

Leave a comment:

• Anne in Carlisle
    replied
    I suppose the answer to that would be "neither did the fire, you fool!"

the explanation about how death certificates are written and why they are done like that was excellent. A lot different from those we all have from earlier times with 'Act of God' or 'Old Age' as the single cause!
    Anne

Leave a comment:

• Olde Crone Holden
    replied
    A bit off topic, but I will never forget one of the stupidest petitions I have ever seen. It was for the early release of the 1931 census.. Hundreds of people signed it. I pointed out on forum that the 1931 census was destroyed by fire during WW2. Back came the smart retort, which baffles me to this day -

"World war two didn't start till 1939, you idiot! "

OC

Leave a comment:

• GallowayLass
    replied
    Agreed. Read that yesterday and I thought it was well explained. Also a very good reason to be careful with petitions.

Leave a comment:

• Katarzyna
    replied
    Discusses why COVID-19 is NOT written on the death certificate as the main cause of death. Great explanation on how the coding on death certs is worked out and why.

Leave a comment:

• JBee
    started a topic Lost Cousins newsletter - end Apr 2020

Lost Cousins newsletter - end Apr 2020

https://www.lostcousins.com/newslett...eapr20news.htm
Working...
X