No announcement yet.

can you see him please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know where the 2 identified lance corporals are sitting?

Jackie
    Jackie

Comment

no. i dont know who any of them are. i got the copy from the guy at the museum and all he knows about it is the info that is listed below it.
      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would say from the first group photo, he is either the chap in the front row, on the far left, or the back row, on the far right.

I suggest you enlarge the photo to compare with the one of him as an older man, & then measure the distance between his bottom lip & the tip of his chin, & also the length of his head & then the space between his nose & the bottom lip, it is usually a pretty accurate way of working it out.

Joanie

Comment

After firstly looking long and hard at the elderley man then turning to the first group photo i was drawn straight away to the man on the front row and he's sitting second from the right.
          ooooo.. as i was typing this my writing disappeared and then came on again...that's an omen ...never had that before.

After taking a much closer look through the magnifier i still beleive it to be him.

Comment

Not much use but a lance corporal has one stripe (chevron )...a corporal has two stripes and a sergeant has three
            On the original photograph there are two sergeants sitting next to each other and I think the two lance corporals are on the front row each one in from the end

Comment

i think its the 4th one from the left in middle row has a widows peak brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
              X