staffordshire parish records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

staffordshire parish records

can anyone please point me in the right direction for finding the above records for the 16-19th century ,ie: web sites or books etc. thanks..ken:o

Reasonable coverage in the IGI.
    FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records

Reasonable coverage on the BIVRI discs - which I think are now available on Ancestry.

Have you checked the links on the Staffordshire page in the wiki
    Staffordshire - Family Tree Forum

Do you have any particular parishes that you are interested in?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Ken - there are some records here - Transcriptions from Staffordshire - but not many - hopefully someone else will know more than I !
      Joan

"Nepotism - We promote family values here as often as we promote family members"- Larry Kersten, American sociologist and author

Comment

The Birmingham and West Midlands FHS have a good collection of books and cds that cover Staffs, Worcs & Warks.
        Also for the Wolverhampton area there are a lot of parish records on line for Wolves-Bilston & Willenhall at the Wolverhampton Archives website.
        Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

thanks everyone. the main areas are around lichfield, ie: longdon & gentleshaw where the derry side of my tree came from. they were mainly miners & ag workers & some moved up to yorkhire as new pits opened.ken

Comment

Good coverage on the IGI for Longdon by Lichfield
            Christenings for 1663-1888
            Marriages for 1663-1851

Gentleshaw
            Christenings 1837-1888
            Marriages 1837-1863
            Elaine

Comment

Have a look at the Record Office's online catalogue too:

http://www.archives.staffordshire.go...qCmd=Index.tcl

And if you come across any Malletts or Jacksons, let me know

Comment

thanks for that elaine. i have used this site quite a lot . the derry clan was quite large in these areas in the time scale i am interested in and i need more info if i can find it. the IGI site is very good but does not always give ample info and i wondered if getting copies that i can peruse at my leisure may throw up more info on wifes/mothers maiden names.ken

Comment

hi mary. have no malletts in my tree but have a john jackson-miner born england c 1875not sure where yet. his daughter sarah c1900 married my grandfather in leeds.

Comment

Doesn't sound like one of mine - my Jacksons were mostly from Wall and Longdon, pre-1764, when a Jackson married into the Mallet family.

Comment

Some Staffs PRs have been transcribed by FreeReg:

FreeREG Search

and FHOL has quite a few burials (now also on findmypast):

FamilyHistoryOnline - searchable databases for family history & genealogy in England, Wales & Australia

Comment

This link might come in handy...

Church Records

]

Comment

Originally posted by Helen Smith Too View Post
                          The Birmingham and West Midlands FHS have a good collection of books and cds that cover Staffs, Worcs & Warks.
                          Also for the Wolverhampton area there are a lot of parish records on line for Wolves-Bilston & Willenhall at the Wolverhampton Archives website.
                          If it's post 1837, then these links:
                          Staffordshire Births Marriages & Deaths
                          West Midlands Births Marriages & Deaths

might be useful.

Also UKBMD - Births, Marriages, Deaths Indexes & Census transcriptions for the UK, On-Line itself has links sorted by county, so they might have some useful Staffs material.

Christine
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                          X