Reigning years help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry III reigned from 18th Oct 1216
    So 53rd year runs from 18 Oct 1268 - 17 Oct 1269. The same way as my first year ran from the day I was born up until the day before my first birthday.

Just back from Anniversary Dinner, so I'm not sober enough to work out whether that agrees with what's been said or not! ;)

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

You can make it easy on yourselves by simply downloading the best and free calendar on the web.
      Calisto.
      Download it from
      Calisto - Calendar Program

As I have mentioned on many mailing lists and forums.
      No serious family historian can afford to be without Calisto.
      Cheers
      Guy
      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Guy - you know too much!! ;)

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

2008 will probably be known as the Year of Rain, rather than year of reign (sorry)

Anyway the surfeit chap was King John and it was a surfeit of lampreys, not peaches!
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

LOL Nell!
            Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Yuck

Wasn't that Henry I not King John??

Comment

You are right, Merry. Henry I died of a surfeit of lampreys. (wouldn't it be great to find that on a death cert!!!)

John appears to have died of dysentery.
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Wasn't Henry the king who "never smiled again"?
                  Phoenix - with charred feathers
                  Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Wasn't Henry the king who "never smiled again"?

Well there were a few Henry's so there is a chance. ;)
                    Kit

Comment

Thankyou Guy, that is exactly what I need!

Pity the worthy Academics who wrote this article didn't know about it.

As an aside...if anyone still doubts the need for accurate punctuation, I have just been on a wild goose chase, looking for the marriage of two people who didn't in fact marry each other, and all because there was a comma in the text!

George Booth gent son of Richard Booth, and his wife Dorothy daughter of Andrew Holden of Todd Hall.

Dorothy didn't marry George Booth, she married Richard Booth!

OC

Comment

Working...
                      X