No announcement yet.

London Geog Birth Reg Help Needed pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re the remarriage - we've had several instances of the army not recognising a marriage because permission to marry was not granted by an officer. These couples remarried so that their relationship was recognised by the army in order for the wife and children to qualify for entitlement to pension if the soldier died.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
      Re the remarriage - we've had several instances of the army not recognising a marriage because permission to marry was not granted by an officer. These couples remarried so that their relationship was recognised by the army in order for the wife and children to qualify for entitlement to pension if the soldier died.

Jay
      Thanks Jay, having re-read this thread it did seem a little confusing to start with but I am quite happy and confident now that it IS the same couple and that probably she was illegitimate and therefore invented a father figure. I am at the point now that I may have information where I can possibly get a death cert for William Jr. But am needing to double check and see what I can find. :smilee: I will, of course, update with any info I find.

and I have sent a message to someone that may have some extra information
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
      X