No announcement yet.

Houlston family - Shropshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a good idea - I can't see any other possible birth at the moment.
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine, I sent (or at least I think I sent) 2 msgs to Kate P about Houlston family last week and have had no reply, could you poss send her another email plse? Ta

Comment

Originally posted by jabez View Post
        Elaine, I sent (or at least I think I sent) 2 msgs to Kate P about Houlston family last week and have had no reply, could you poss send her another email plse? Ta
        Have sent you a private message. Click on NOTIFICATIONS top right of screen.
        Elaine

Comment

Chrissie, Julian said he has no certificates, he has done his research online gleaning info from others so this is where he was misinformed. I have over 200 certificates so was able to put him on the right track re MARY ANN HOULSTON. He got this lady mixed up with MARY ANN WARD. I believe that ENOCH HOULSTON did have an alliance with a lady named WARD before he married MARTHA RIGBY and MARY ANN was the result but as yet I've not been able to confirm this. I'm hoping here that KATE P may help when she contacts me.

Comment

Sorry Jabez, my computer died and I had to have a new one. In all the confusion I had missed your reply.
            Yes, I realise now who Julian is and I had told him that we believed he had the wrong Mary Ann marriage. He hasn't changed his tree yet but he probably hasn't had time.
            It will be interesting to know if you find out any more.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Chrissie, I have forwarded to Julian copies of the relevant certificates re MARY ANN HOULSTON and WILLIAM STINTON. We have been exchanging emails to verify a few things so he may well update his tree soon. I hope so as he has quite a few discrepancies. I have also been adding new information to my EVANS tree on Ancestry and Julian can access this to cross check. I still haven't heard from KATE P yet, I'm starting to think that she has now forgotten.

Comment

Hi all, re post 60 I now have certificates of birth for BETSY HOULSTON b1874 and PHEBE ANN b 1880. Parents Enoch and Martha. Obviously there is some kind of enumerator error with the 1881 census. Also the ELIZABETH referred to by Kate P must be BETSY!

Comment

Hi Jabez,my great grandparents were Samuel and Susanna Houlston .i don't remember Samuel but remember Susanna very well. regards Mary123.

Comment

Hi Mary, Jabez hasn't been on for some time, so can I suggest that you send a Private Message by clicking on the name and then on the Private Message sign that comes up. That will send an e-mail to let them know that you have replied to the thread. Providing they still have the same e-mail address and have their settings to receive them.

Comment

Hi Mary123, thank you for contacting me. My great grandparents are Mary Ann Houlston-sister of Samuel-and her husband William Stinton. I have a few photos of Sam and Susanna on my pc. My dad was looking into the Houlstons and was in touch with some of his cousins. I'll send you a private message on here with my details. Jabez

Comment

Hi Chrissie, yes I'm still here battling away. I've hit a solid brick wall on my Goodey family from Charlton/Wantage area and am considering what next to do! On the Houlston side Mary P never contacted me again so I am hopeful that Mary123 has some info.

Comment

Shall we be seeing a new thread for your Goodey family problem then Jabez

Comment

Chrissie-I started a new thread GOODEY/GOODWIN last week so I'll put my query on there.

Comment

I have just realised something Jabez - I was sorting out my computer a couple of months ago and came across a file on the houlston family. I couldn't think who they were but I realise now that they were yours, from the original research. Have you got everything you need now and can I safely delete the file?

Comment

Houlstons

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                I have just realised something Jabez - I was sorting out my computer a couple of months ago and came across a file on the houlston family. I couldn't think who they were but I realise now that they were yours, from the original research. Have you got everything you need now and can I safely delete the file?
                                Hi Chrissie, my query with the Houlstons met with a reply from Kate P about Elizabeth Houlston who I wanted to know more about. I do now have the necessary birth certificates but Kate P never got back to me again so I guess that particular query has been settled so yes you can delete.
                                Have you seen my Goodey query?
                                Last edited by jabez; 02-11-14, 10:02.

Comment

I've just been reading it again Jabez. I'm not very good at research before 1837 and the newspapers etc I'm afraid. So I've been leaving it for the experts.

Comment

Working...
                                  X