No announcement yet.

Am I on the right track? Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enoch was registered at birth as Lingard - Q4 1887, Louth - so Marshall would just have been a courtesy name he took.

You have now decided this George is definitely "yours" then?

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

He is starting to make alot more sense now the ages add up...i am not going to say 100% he is the right one but at the moment he is the most likely candidate.

I am going to the records office in Beverly as soon as I can physically get up there and just see what information can be sourced from the Electoral Rolls I am hoping they will give details of his time in Driffield.

Comment

Sorry i wrote a post with details of a george that died in ww1 then realised i was crazy
        Last edited by Kim Marshall; 28-03-14, 20:01. Reason: Seeing things that arent there

Comment

That's the best way to go Kim, follow up the family of the most likely candidate and see where it leads. You may find you come to a wrong place, and have to start over with another likely George, but you can safely ignore the first if he is wrong.

I have done that at least twice. And have had to wait for a long time for a more likely lead to appear in any records on-line.

But the satisfaction of a moment when you can say "bingo"or "eureka" I have the right family, is not to be missed. I was looking for my 4-g grandmother's baptism and when I found a possible and looked for the parents marriage and found the mothers maiden name, EUREKA I shouted, a whole load of family mysteries was solved.

Di
          Last edited by dicole; 28-03-14, 22:06.
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks Di, I think that is where i got myself into a pickle before which is why he was on my list, then removed, readded, tossed away and readded and is now looking like a good candidate.
            For some reason I just could not get my act together and it did not make sense and I could not find the logic.

But its 7.45am and I have already opened 3 ancestry pages and made lots of notes on paper just in case ancestry deletes everything I add again.

Thank you all.

Comment

I can remember when I first started out chasing my family tree, I would get up early, about 5.30am to have a quiet hour or so checking through the NSW BDM indexes online, before the kids got up and the day really got going.

Now I just wait until they have gone to school and have a quiet cuppa and hour with ancestry or one of the other sites I use.

Di
              Diane
              Sydney Australia
              Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks Di,

I have been given alot of information last couple of days and I am just trying to go through each piece of information I have been given on here, via email and from what the family members have said.
                I have been told George died in 1973 by family and the one death that jumps out and bites me is the original death I found in 1973 in the Buckrose Registration District, i am sure I read somewhere it all changed in 1974 to Bridlington registration district but I will have to go back through my notes to double check.

I will obtain Birth Certificate 7a 644 and death certificate 2a 113.

I have gone through everything I possible can today and been through so many census forms and not found any leads from checks that lead me to believe its any other George. I have been through record upon record of different birth dates. I've concentrated on years from 1882-1888 birth.

I wont do the happy dance just yet, Im going to be cautious.

*HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MUMS OUT THERE FOR TOMORROW*May your day be filled with love and laughter

Comment

Working...
                X