Grandad/Great Grandad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ron, Margaret and Chrissie

Whilst waiting for Ron to get the bc, I looked at the workhouse but couldn't find sight of the family in 1911. I wondered if George died and Sarah Alice married. There is a possible marriage to a Frank N Lyratt/Syratt in 1906 in Salford. There is a link to Wales with this family. Sarah A then died and Frank Nathaniel re-married. Something for the back burner perhaps.

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
      Hello Ron, Margaret and Chrissie

Whilst waiting for Ron to get the bc, I looked at the workhouse but couldn't find sight of the family in 1911. I wondered if George died and Sarah Alice married. There is a possible marriage to a Frank N Lyratt/Syratt in 1906 in Salford. There is a link to Wales with this family. Sarah A then died and Frank Nathaniel re-married. Something for the back burner perhaps.

Vera
      That sound very plausible Vera.
      Margaret

Comment

I think you might have a point there Vera. This is his marriage in 1922 -

and this looks like him in 1911 -

The only fly in the ointment seems to be that although this Alice was born in Pendleton she appears to be 5 or 6 years older than we have her.
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 10-04-13, 19:49.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hiya Chrissie,i have just had a notice on the local Salford forum from Sue Valentine whos grandfather was George Inkerman Taylor and she as been trying to get info on my grandad Edward,its like buses nothing for ages then loads all together Ron

Comment

Oh good Ron That's the lady who has the tree on Ancestry. I wonder if she knows whether Sarah Alice married Frank Nathaniel Syratt?
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 10-04-13, 19:55.

Comment

i have just had a reply to a thread i have on the local forum from Sue Valentine whos grandfather is george inkerman taylor,how good is that,i have posted a reply and i will get her email addres and see what she as,this is probably the family tree you have seen it has a picture of one of them in later years Ron

Comment

Chrissie

Yes - that age for Sarah A (Alice) in 1911 is way out. Maybe he muddled her up with his sister Alice who was aged 38. Wonder where George and Lilian were in 1911.

Vera

Comment

This is the response from Sue Valentine who as been searching the Taylor family;
                  I have been watching your posting for a while now because of the name Taylor but i couldent make a connection until i saw the name Armitt.I have found my dads cousin joe Soar about 2 years ago,he lived with George Inkerman and he told me Georgw had a brother and a sister ( Edward and Lilly )My dads brother and sister were twins ( triplets really but one died ) there names were Randolph and Constance,George Inkerman Taylor and Ellen Soar were third cousins,George,Edward and Lillian great grandmother Ann Allcock/Renshaw/Downie and Ellen Soars grandfather John Allcock were brother and sister,

we are going to make contact on Sunday and have a drink and talk family stuff,what a great surprise to find a contact as i never thought there was any family still about, Ron

Comment

That's great news Ron I hope you enjoy your meeting
                    Would love to know if she can tell you where everyone is in 1911 and why the children were separated.
                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 13-04-13, 08:16.

Comment

Originally posted by redron View Post
                      This is the response from Sue Valentine who as been searching the Taylor family;
                      I have been watching your posting for a while now because of the name Taylor but i couldent make a connection until i saw the name Armitt.I have found my dads cousin joe Soar about 2 years ago,he lived with George Inkerman and he told me Georgw had a brother and a sister ( Edward and Lilly )My dads brother and sister were twins ( triplets really but one died ) there names were Randolph and Constance,George Inkerman Taylor and Ellen Soar were third cousins,George,Edward and Lillian great grandmother Ann Allcock/Renshaw/Downie and Ellen Soars grandfather John Allcock were brother and sister,

we are going to make contact on Sunday and have a drink and talk family stuff,what a great surprise to find a contact as i never thought there was any family still about, Ron
                      Great news Ron. Hope all goes well and you get to see some photos that you haven't seen before - nice to meet new rellies!!

Margaret

Comment

Enjoy your drink Ron. Great news about your new family contacts.

Vera

Comment

Hiya all,just to let all you nice people who have helped with my grandad seach,i am now in contact with the Sue,she is the grandaughter og george inkerman taylor,she as loads of photos and would you believe it but one of the family who is 90 lives round the corner from me,its been so exciting i will keep posting as to how things goxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRon

Comment

Oh that's great news Tom and thank you for sharing the excitement with us

Comment

How brilliant is that!! Do keep up up to date as it's good to know what we do really does help people find what they're looking for - and more.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                              X